• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

death worship

undead

Sometimes in my dreams i see things like entering an underground tomb , walking around empty buildings in a dead world or other things related to death.These make me feel good and ascended and give me strength.It is like there is a whole different world , higher pleasures and powers that i cannot fully grasp.

Is there a belief system or any practice in general dealing with death?

Last edited:

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
In my own practice I have found myself dealing increasingly with the dead. What I can suggest first to do is to begin working with the spirits of your own ancestors. Have a little corner where you keep pictures of any dead relatives, objects you may have inherited from them.. even broken old plates, etc, these are considered particularly powerful... and keep there a candle and a glass of water that you refresh every week.. flowers.. maybe a shot of some booze they enjoyed in life. Light the candle and reflect upon them, ask them to help you find your path. You just took the first step into "Necromancy".. isn't as scary as advertised eh?

Also.. there is a book called LIber Falxifer and a sequel I believe you may find very interesting.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
I dont want to deal death to anyone

I guess that is a little extreme.

They still deal with it though.

If your looking into any dealing with death I guess I could give you a little information about "Black Christianity".

A topic my cousin and I have talked about many times.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Sometimes in my dreams i see things like entering an underground tomb , walking around empty buildings in a dead world or other things related to death.These make me feel good and ascended and give me strength.It is like there is a whole different world , higher pleasures and powers that i cannot fully grasp.

their are some really good threads on necrmancy....the real kind not summoning zombie kind....their old but seem to be worth reading. maybe they can help if ya can find them

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't a lot of belief systems deal with death? If you mean be reverent of it or honor it, though, anything Pagan can fit the bill. Look at pretty much any polytheistic pantheon and you'll find deities who relate to death and decay. Also, working with ancestors is a big part of many religions outside of the "one god" faiths. Tons of places you could look, and without really knowing what's best for you, I don't really know what to suggest.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Don't a lot of belief systems deal with death? If you mean be reverent of it or honor it, though, anything Pagan can fit the bill. Look at pretty much any polytheistic pantheon and you'll find deities who relate to death and decay. Also, working with ancestors is a big part of many religions outside of the "one god" faiths. Tons of places you could look, and without really knowing what's best for you, I don't really know what to suggest.

The Pagan part can be especially descriptive of what I was referring to, because that is the era from which it arose.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep

Christianity?

undead

One of my previous posts

I have changed in a course of 2-3 years.Emotionally i dont feel sorrow , excitement and fear much.I dont need the company of others and totally alone.Physically used to get sick frequently but i didnt get sick for 2 years.Especially my pain perception and generally my bodily sensations like hunger tiredness are diminished.Like i became more spiritual and dead less physical and alive.

Thinking of how weak i was this change is like a miracle.My purpose is to understand what changed me and change further.Its like i cannot realize my potential.

I think i gained strength by (altough partially) killing weakness inside me.By weakness i mean some emotions , sensualism and some other things.I love being cold blooded.At first this may be a childish defence against being hurt but now but this become more for me.Also there is a predatory side in me i value very much.Not at all like having pleasure of someones pain , rather a spiritual pleasure.Generally i experience these feelings in my dreams as both scary and enjoyable.I dont know how to experience this predatory pleasures in reality (again these are not about hurting someone).

I become stronger although still too weak.When i felt weak i observed myself.Most obvious change is an increase in my pain sensitivity (generally all my senses).This is because my body feels more alive (In fact i like pain when feeling strong).When i feel strong idea of death gives me peace and strength but when i am weak thinking of death give me unease like my animalistic side gaining strength and resisting.This happenes rarely but i know weakness can get hold of me entirely and i can turn to my old pathetic life.This possibility terrifies me.I want to get rid of this weak side entirely but dont know how?

Also i love undead creatures like werewolfs , vampires.These are like sacred to me.Altough i dont believe they exist i believe they symbolize some powers within us.I believe this kind of powers of death gave me strength.

Also.. there is a book called LIber Falxifer and a sequel I believe you may find very interesting.

I got those books.In introduction it says there are hidden meanings.For example it says "within this book are concealed one curse and a sevenfold blessing".That doesnt mean anything to me.I never read an occult book before.Should i read different books before to understand these books?

If your looking into any dealing with death I guess I could give you a little information about "Black Christianity".

I am listening :D

Based on this post can you suggest something?

Christianity?

hehe do christians like graveyards and vampires?

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I've finally taken the time to scour through what Pagan-related channels there are on YouTube, and I found one that reminded me of this thread.

Witch on the Rocks has a series of videos on "Dark Witchcraft." I don't quite agree with how she titles it, but basically she likes visiting cemeteries and such. Any of her videos that have "Dark Witchcraft" in the title you might want to take a peek at; don't know if they'll resonate with you or not, though.

What do you mean by cold-blooded? Do you mean an absence of empathy, guilt, and the like?

What do you mean by predatory? Would something like sport hunting appeal to you?

Regardless, it could be fun for you to look into various mythologies, both ancient and contemporary. I would suggest God Checker as a starting point, because you will be able to do a search here for deities from the world's religions that deal with the subjects you are interested in (roll your mouse over "browse the pantheons" and the search option will be at the bottom of the list). It should only be a starting point, though, because they don't have a lot of information on their site. You can make a list of deities that pique your interest and dive into their mythology; maybe find some stories that speak to you.

Some other possible directions... it seems like some of the modern occult/paranormal literature might appeal to you as well. You might also research holy days related to revering ancestors. Halloween (Samhain) and Day of the Dead come to mind; there might be traditions in these you could use for a personal spiritual path. I know Eastern religions have a bunch of ancestor-related things also, but that's not my area of knowledge. There's also the possibility of connecting with some subculture groups, such as the gothic, vampires, perhaps otherkin.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I must warn you that I'm no Setian myself, so I can't really help you with any details, but I came to think of this when I read your posts. Maybe it could be helpful to you.

Orias

Left Hand Path

Alright first off let me see if we can specify a little further. So let me ask you a few questions to try and grasp what you are trying to get a hold of. It will make explanation easier.

You said death makes you feel strong, but does it make you feel exposed?

If so, do you enjoy this exposure?

Is death something that should be mourned or built from?

What is the result of "death" to you?

If death is empowering, can it not also be degenerating?

Something I mind as well throw out there is that one of the Gods I recognize under "Black Christianity" is Mot (Yawheh) the God of death. Baalism might be a topic for you as well.

undead

What do you mean by cold-blooded? Do you mean an absence of empathy, guilt, and the like?

Yes.When i become weak i can understand others suffering.But when i am strong for a long time i cannot emphatise with other's pain and generally emotions.

What do you mean by predatory? Would something like sport hunting appeal to you?

In fact sport hunting helped me alot.I tried it a couple of times.First time it was really hard and i had to fight with my myself alot..By predatory i mean sth similar to hunting but in a way different.It is hard to explain.

I must warn you that I'm no Setian myself, so I can't really help you with any details, but I came to think of this when I read your posts. Maybe it could be helpful to you.

link is broken

You said death makes you feel strong, but does it make you feel exposed?

Doesnt feel exposed.Actually one of the reasons i like death is that i will be indestructable when i die.

Is death something that should be mourned or built from?

Latter.

What is the result of "death" to you?

If we are talking about a person's death i think it is the end of everything for that person.Also end of pain and chaos of life which is a good thing for weak people (as sometimes i am).But if we are talking about death of some emotions , senses and weakness result is purification.

If death is empowering, can it not also be degenerating?

I dont know what did you mean by degeneration but it is possible such a person wouldn't care for other people.

Yes and yes, the latter as a sort of "proof" their faith works.

I didnt get that.Can you explain.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
Now try applying these to the different types of philosophies that have been provided to you.

"Black Christianity" is like Christianity without the "good guy badge". My specifications deal with Mot and I feel almost as if deaths embrace is empowering because it is a means to travel through dimensions unknown.

With what we do know, death is something that can only be known of and through our lack of knowledge we build blocks to define our ignorance.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

This? Would you join Necrotheism? - Yahoo! Answers

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Anyway, more generally on the subject. I recognize many of those feelings you describe in my younger self. For me it was much tied to what was going on overall in my life at that time. I explored it quite a lot back in my days without any religious system involved. Finally I kept some of it, but most of it (including my crazy dreams about death and destruction) eventually just passed or became dormant.

I'm not sure whether you will actually find anything that fits you completely. It's easy to mix dark themes with almost any religion, as you can see from the comments here. If you really are looking for a religion that fits you, my advice is that your emphasis should be on the philosophical side of them. Pick one that fits your worldview and embrace whatever symbolism you're comfortable with.