• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death,Why is it so Scary?

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Not like Paul's. Suffice it to say for now that I declared for a long time that I did not believe in God. But thanks for reminding me as to how it came about that I changed my mind. :)

I think we all have events in our lives that drastically change the course it goes. I'm glad yours went for the better. Mine certainly did too. :)

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I think we all have events in our lives that drastically change the course it goes. I'm glad yours went for the better. Mine certainly did too. :)
Glad to hear. God heard my prayer, amazing things happened after that. He showed me the way. Thanks.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Right, the dead are resurrected ( awakened ) from death's deep sleep.
However, those who prove to be wicked will be 'destroyed forever' - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22.
This includes wicked sinner Satan will be ' destroyed ' by Jesus - Hebrews 2:14 B.
We need to ' repent ' if we don't want to ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) 2 Peter 3:9

We cannot wake from death's deep sleep if we do not exist when we die.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
My main worry was that I do not die before my mother (98) does. Thankfully she has gone first. Now my current worry is that I die when my younger grandson is at least 10 (he is 8), because if they are younger, they will not have much remembrance of me. That is about it. As for my wife, my son will take care of her. Nothing to worry about that with joint families here.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
We cannot wake from death's deep sleep if we do not exist when we die.
I find we can Not wake from death's sleep if we do Not exist when (if) one is: destroyed.
Jeremiah speaks of a death that is a perpetual death - Jeremiah 51:39; Jeremiah 51:57.
Please notice 2 Peter 3:9 because it is either ' repent ' or ' perish ' (be destroyed)
Only the wicked are ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7; 104:35

So, apart for wicked, I find Acts of the Apostles 24:15 speaks of both the righteous and unrighteous......
The righteous and unrighteous ( just and unjust KJV) will have a resurrection back to live life again.
Remember: we pay for our sins by our death - Romans 6:23,7
So, our death stamps the price tag of sin as Paid In Full thus enabling us to have a resurrection.
In other words, because we can't resurrect oneself or another, so we need someone who can resurrect us. Jesus can and will - Rev. 1:18

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
My main worry was that I do not die before my mother (98) does. Thankfully she has gone first. Now my current worry is that I die when my younger grandson is at least 10 (he is 8), because if they are younger, they will not have much remembrance of me. That is about it. As for my wife, my son will take care of her. Nothing to worry about that with joint families here.

What a wonderful loving attitude you have.
Unlike death, I find what Jesus taught was about: life.
Life being returned to us through being resurrected back to life.
( so we can meet or re-meet loved ones who died when we were very young )
Also, interesting to me, is that the Bible speaks of a coming glory time at Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Glory because at this wonderful coming time those of us who are alive at this time can remain alive to be here on Earth to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign or governing over Earth for a thousand years.
The Bible teaches at this time even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
No 'enemy death' would mean your grandson would Not only remember you but enjoy life with you - everlasting life.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Glory because at this wonderful coming time those of us who are alive at this time can remain alive to be here on Earth to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign or governing over Earth for a thousand years.
Ah, I do not believe in rebirth, I am an atheist, and I am not Christian. So naturally, I will be in hell for eternity. That is OK. I am enjoying my life with my grandson and I am trying to get the best out of it.

Psalm23

my 100% literal reaction to reading this was "huh? what?"

The topic of Christ becoming man can certainly be confusing. Some say Jesus is only the Son of God and some say Jesus is God. My personal belief is Jesus is both God and the Son of God( in being born of the Virgin Mary) and in becoming man, he had set aside certain characteristics such as being omnipresent and taking up human characteristics such as needing rest, food and drink. It did not in any case in my view make Jesus any less divine than he was.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Ah, I do not believe in rebirth, I am an atheist, and I am not Christian. So naturally, I will be in hell for eternity. That is OK. I am enjoying my life with my grandson and I am trying to get the best out of it.
Yipes, to which hell are you referring_____________
Can't be the Bible's hell because the Bible's hell is temporary and comes to final end.
After everyone in biblical hell is ' delivered up' ( meaning resurrected ) then emptied-out hell/grave is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' as found at Revelation 20:13-14.
Biblical hell is just mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead.
This is why Jesus and the old Hebrew Scriptures both teach 'sleep ' (Not pain) in death.
( John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 )
When the old King James Bible translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire that put the flames in the grave.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit where things were destroyed. So, Gehenna simply stands for: destruction.
Because the dead are resurrected - Acts of the Apostles 24:15 - that is Not any rebirth but a person coming back to life as they were.

P.S. Because of an atheist reading the Bible had questions is why I bought a Bible.
He took me on a tour of the United Nations and at the UN Plaza is a quote from Isaiah 2:4.
There it tells us the time is coming when the nations will Not learn war any more. (also Micah 4:3-4)
This is because according to Psalms 46:9 God will cause wars to stop from one end of the earth to the other end.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
...... My personal belief is Jesus is both God and the Son of God..............
I can agree that Jesus is divine in the sense that God sent 'heavenly' Jesus to earth for us.
Because God is from everlasting to everlasting (Psalms 90:2) then God can Not die.
In other words, God had No beginning and will have No ending.
Whereas, Jesus was "IN" the beginning, but Not ' before' the beginning as his God was ' before ' the beginning.
Even the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him according to Revelation 3:12.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
my 100% literal reaction to reading this was "huh? what?"
I'm sure your reaction is Not only yours.
Because we were all born ' after ' sinners Adam and Eve we can't stop sinning.
If we could stop sinning we would Not die, because we can't stop sinning we die.
In order to balance the Scales of Justice we need someone who could do undo what Adam did to us.
Since none of mankind is without sin, then a sinless person was needed to balance the Scales of Justice for us.
This is why God's heavenly sinless Son was willing to come to earth for us.
So, God transferred the pre-human heavenly life of Jesus to be born a human on Earth, a needed sinless human for us.
Kind of like Satan and Adam put us in the Pawn Shop of Death.
We need someone from the outside to pay the ransom price to free us from that Pawn Shop of Death.
Only a sinless person could pay the ransom price for us. Sinless Jesus could and did - Matthew 20:28.
Because of Jesus is why the Bible teaches us about a resurrection ( coming back to life ) for us.

MonkeyFire

Death is only scary when your alive, if that is alright with you, you should know that is like like wondering off to infinite darkness with out the light of knowledge.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
After everyone in biblical hell is ' delivered up' ( meaning resurrected ) then emptied-out hell/grave is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' as found at Revelation 20:13-14.
We have some problem here. I have about 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (7 octillion) atoms in my body. After my cremation these atoms will disperse in the environment. Will the Bible God be able to reassemble the 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (7 octillion) atoms to re-create me? I tried to reassemble a table watch in my younger days and I was not able to do it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Why die at all?
He that keeps my sayings shall never see death - John 8:51
Technically none of us will never see death.

It's only reflected upon while alive.

The dead have no such reflection, which makes an interesting philosophical question.

If the dead could hypothetically think and speak, would they be more scared of someday being alive?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
We have some problem here. I have about 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (7 octillion) atoms in my body. After my cremation these atoms will disperse in the environment. Will the Bible God be able to reassemble the 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (7 octillion) atoms to re-create me? I tried to reassemble a table watch in my younger days and I was not able to do it.
I like that.

Yet the odds are still one percent.

It might take a couple of big bangs to trip that 1% again. Talk about long term odds.

Yet in face of eternity, I can't help but to think its guaranteed the lights will flip on again and again as much as it flips out again and again.

No God required either.