• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death,Why is it so Scary?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And no proof of that. It is just a dangling carrot.
Of course none of us were at the Garden of Eden at that time, but we do have what is written about it.
To me the 'fruitage of God's spirit' qualities as listed at Galatians 5:22-23 can be a dangling carrot.
We can't totally reach those qualities but we can strive for them.
Strive just like putting forth on-going effort.
Adam did Not have to strive for everlasting life it was already there for him.
All Adam had to do was willingly break God's Law to loose out on life.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You fail to recall the following;-
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Only at the point God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, did man become a living soul. Eve was created from a living soul her husband and so she too became a living soul. Life gives life.Man was formed from the dust of the earth before cursed and he and Eve only be came living beings when God breathed life into Adam. Adam being a living soul and Eve came from God not that which was formed from the dust of the ground but given Gods own life from himself. ( Did you know that the kiss of life came from this teaching by idea of breath being breathed into the body?
So Adam and Eve became living beings not by the created but the breath of God which he breathed into Adam and he then being a living being had a rib removed and Eve created from that which God made a living soul.
You could not form a body from the soil today because it became cursed by God. Man cannot become a living soul today unless God breathed life into the person. So Adam being created from soil is correct but his life came from the creator not the created.

Yes, by my making reference to Genesis 2:7 was more than God fashioned or formed man from the soil.
Yes, non-living Adam did Not come to life until his God / his Creator breathed the breath of life into life-less Adam.
Then, at that breath-filled moment, Adam became a living soul, a living person.
There is No mention about Adam 'possessing a soul', nor mention of Adam 'having a soul' but that Adam (All of Adam ) was a living soul or a living person.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Nacromancers are those people who believe that a God will raise them from death and they will have a second and everlasting life in his heaven.

Most people are only taught about everlasting life in 'heaven', but Jesus taught about everlasting life on 'earth'.
Humble meek people to inherit the 'earth ' according to Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11,29.
ALL the resurrections that Jesus performed I find brought people back to live life on 'earth'.
Jesus was giving us a sample preview, or a coming attraction of what Jesus will do again in the future.
Jesus will resurrect most people to healthy physical life on 'earth'. Second life on ' earth ', so to speak.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That is the real flood story when the Indo-Europeans migrated from their Northern homes to ice-age refugias. Vedas remember the Northern homeland but not the migration. In the winters of the ice-age, people must have lived in deep caves. The flood story is not from Babylon but from Northern Europe and Siberia which experienced ice-age. People lived everywhere on earth, Babylon was not the 'center of the earth'. India and China always had and still have the largest population of the world, Babylon was and is just an oasis in a desert.
Morals are created by the society. It is true that they are affected by whatever religious hocus-pocus the people believe in. And you have rightly said that people use common-sense when they live in societies. The morals are not from any God.

Yes, morals are made by society, but does that have to mean they originated with society_____
According to the Bible I find unless damaged, people are born with a conscience.
As Romans 2:14-15 says the Gentile people of the nations do by nature the things of the law.
A person's conscience can either: accuse or excuse actions.
A person can listen to or violate one's conscience.
A violated conscience can become calloused like flesh seared by a hot branding iron.

Never meant that ancient Babylon was the ' center of the earth '.
Rather, as the people who lived in ancient Babylon migrated away from ancient Babylon they spread throughout the earth and this migration also spread their religious ideas world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.
This is one reason why we see so many various Flood accounts.
As for ancient Babylon itself, just at written at Jeremiah 51:60-64 that Babylon would become just like a desert.
Or, as verse 62 says without inhabitant, man or beast....desolate forever.
Verse 64 that Babylon..... never rise again..... and please notice Jeremiah 51:37 Babylon becoming 'stone heaps'.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Of course none of us were at the Garden of Eden at that time, but we do have what is written about it.
Yeah, we have what is written about it from the last 2,500 years, which has been repeatedly truncated, added on, and variously translated till the Modern English Version (MEV - 2014).
Most people are only taught about everlasting life in 'heaven', but Jesus taught about everlasting life on 'earth'.
Your view. There are other views as well.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yeah, we have what is written about it from the last 2,500 years, which has been repeatedly truncated, added on, and variously translated till the Modern English Version (MEV - 2014). Your view. There are other views as well.

Yes, I do realize there are other views besides being immortal and going to heaven.
I was speaking from 'Christendom's' viewpoint, and that 'Christendom' (so-called Christian) is wrong.
Besides some going to heaven, there is No burning after death, and humble meek people will inherit the earth.
Besides English there are hundreds and hundreds of other languages translated.
Remote translation offices translate 'right on the spot' where people live.
This way they can easily have Scripture in their own mother tongue or native languages.
Much more than 2,500 years because the old Hebrew Scriptures go back further than that.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To add a new dimension to fear, get ready in 8 years for the Apophis 2029 meteor. It is expected to at least graze the Earth's atmosphere, which could rip it away. Another case where people panic at the last minute.
I won't be caring much if at all in the year 2029 if I am feeling anything then. Good luck to you!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yes, I do realize there are other views besides being immortal and going to heaven.
I was speaking from 'Christendom's' viewpoint, and that 'Christendom' (so-called Christian) is wrong. ..
Much more than 2,500 years because the old Hebrew Scriptures go back further than that.
Yeah, I hold views different from what views Christiandom holds. I am a Hindu and (a little surprisingly) a strong atheist.
"The earliest of these sources, J (Jahwist), would have been composed in the late 7th or the 6th century BCE, .." Torah - Wikipedia
Not 'much more', you may just add a few centuries.

I think you are being stupid here. I suppose you have not heard of 'Synthetic Virology'. Check in Wikipedia at Synthetic virology - Wikipedia. Also tell me as to what is your definition of 'life'. Are the viruses animate or inanimate? They may just be strands of RNA with no DNA. If today we are making synthetic viruses, we will perhaps create the DNA strands also in future. Today we have the capability of altering the DNA sequences.

TRUTH... is what you have so far demonstrated - is an inability to actually reason and form arguments for or against what you believe on a personal basis. If anything my posts show I am far from being stupid but able to reason about what must have happened for the first life to exist and to succeed on the planet we call home. Many people when they exhaust the sciences which cannot give a plausible or even acceptable reason for our existence turn to such things as 'Aliens did it' but instead you wish to proceed with man made options and ideas which at no point deal with creation of life itself or how the first life came into existence. Man studies that which is alive and exists. He cannot explain life.No matter how much he breaks down all the elements he comes up against a brick wall. You can keep trying to involve things which are not relevant trying to hide the fact you cannot make any sound arguments in science or any other method against the argument No God created a mature earth and all he created at the beginning. If you truly sought truth then you would know, as I have stated that man studies what is created. He can see that since the beginning of life nothing evolving today.
In 2000, the paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould famously declared that “there's been no biological change in humans in 40,000 or 50,000 years,” suggesting that evolution in humans is imperceptibly slow or has perhaps stopped altogether.
Has evolution stopped or did it not exist in the first instance?

"Synthetic virology is a branch of virology engaged in the study and engineering of synthetic man-made viruses. It is a multidisciplinary research field at the intersection of virology, synthetic biology, computational biology, and DNA nanotechnology, from which it borrows and integrates its concepts and methodologies. There is a wide range of applications for synthetic viral technology such as medical treatments, investigative tools, and reviving organisms."

We know, and I have stated that the studies of any branch of science is about what is already here. What exactly is Synthetic about the virology which is not from or based on any element not amongst us today? Nothing to do with creation is it?
My definition of 'life' is different from yours. For me even an atom is alive, does not stop to live in the body of the dead person. The components which make up life Life with your definition are very common in space and the best guess at the moment is that life developed around the volcanic vents in the sea.

Is there different definitions outside that which is life on earth? Is there life in space... seen none so far. Plenty of dust so where is the man and animals etc. You cannot look into space and say that the dust is dead bodies because even Moses knew the bodies return to dust. Does absolutely nothing when arguing the 'Creation' verses 'Evolution'
That there is no religion without God is your personal view. 500 million Buddhists, Jains and Hindus will not agree with that.

Christianity is the largest religion in the world if you give it the rightful place of being Jewish faith the covenant which God promised to bring in the number of Gentiles then all being Jews by the 3rd Covenant means that the largest will always be the Jewish faith. It is how we see truth and study facts. But the number which believes something is irrelevant to the truth the teachings contained within the bible compared to other faiths show that only by those chosen faiths who have covenants can we really receive answers which make sense. Look at history from Abraham till today. Did God not say? And has he not done? Truth wins hands down every time.

Ah, the 3 million Israelists wandering in Sinai for 40 years and leaving not even a shard of evidence for today's archaeologists! I have heard that story, and you want me to believe in this hocus-pocus?

A God who controlled all the elements of the earth including animals and even life and death.
What exactly would be difficult for him to provide for his people in a desert area for 40 years.
Look at Moses when he could not enter the Promise Land 7 And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated. Fit as a fiddle and he died. God kept him completely healthy as he did those who entered the promised Land.

You cannot accept the evidence he has left you how can you begin to know what evidence from the exodus from Egypt to the promised land would be acceptable as proof to you? The earth the creation all around you is proof that God exists. However you choose to try and disprove it, it remains as his words spoke through Moses and the books of the Torah.

"Mainstream scholarship no longer accepts the biblical Exodus account as history for a number of reasons. Most scholars agree that the Exodus stories were written centuries after the apparent setting of the stories."
Read the rest of the details at: The Exodus - Wikipedia

When was this written and who by and based on what actual proven evidence and not opinion?

Noah's Ark Found in Turkey?

Bible exodus Red Sea crossing FOUND where Moses 'led Israelites into Saudi Arabia’

It is all about your choice of what you believe. The only answer when it comes to creation of life and the world is still "God did it".

Psalm23

Is your life scary? The death is just another part of your life. We hope that death for you is not scary. But, just be a friend to God (The Good) and you will learn to fear nothing.

Sometimes life can be scary for me. I once had panic attacks a lot. Not so much now but I did have a recent time of feeling panicky. It can be a temptation to avoid places or situations that trigger anxiety but in the long run I know that it doesn’t help. I still have anxieties and fears to work through and yet have come a long way.

Psalm23

To add a new dimension to fear, get ready in 8 years for the Apophis 2029 meteor. It is expected to at least graze the Earth's atmosphere, which could rip it away. Another case where people panic at the last minute.

Interesting, where did you hear about this?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I think people are perhaps afraid of how they might die, when...will they have done everything they wanted to do? Will their lives feel cut short? I'm not sure people are afraid of dying as much as afraid of not living as well and fulfilled as they had hoped.
God made humankind to enjoy life. We all know we can enjoy life, our enzymes and hormones are different when we feel happy.