• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death,Why is it so Scary?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"Death is an unnatural phenomenon."
And the book of Revelation makes it clear as it isn't until the second resurrection that hell and death are cast into the lake of fire.
I am flabbergasted by your denial of reality. And then the further belief that you will be resurrected.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Why is death so scary to many? Are you afraid of dying? Why or why not?
I think many fear the thought of death because it is out of their control.
Personally i am not afraid of death, seeding both my parents passing away in a very calm way, i fear not death it self.

1. If you read books of science, then you will find ample evidence. You wont find it in Bible. Yes, new species are developing all the time as the old ones go extinct.
Finding a species already in existence is not a new evolved species. My point which is the only point which science has to admit, is that ONLY LIFE COMES FROM LIFE.
No new species just already existing ones that come from the life already here. My point is fact and every scientist who knows about matter and life will tell you that evolution is a theory and evolution not happening in the years we have had science.

That is what happened to the Denisovans, Neanderthals and many other sub-human species.

Where did the very first life of humans and animals come from?
Till you can prove that and answer it, then you have nothing with your science and books, Are you by now realizing I know more than you and your learning from science?

2. I do not even accept the existence of God or Allah. What Bible (including the older Jewish books) says has no value for me.

In the great scheme of things why should that matter? What you believe is immaterial it matters nothing for the purpose of God and the bible amidst creation.

3. There is no dividing line between living and non-living material. Examples are Viruses*. Just a strand of ribonucleic acid, that is how the journey of life started.

Hate to burst your bubble but where did the first strand of ribonucleic acid come from. It is one of the four major macromolecules essential for all known forms of life. BUT there is nothing to show where these original sources came from but God. But only living things are made up of these and only from existing living things can you derive it. So you still fail to answer where the first life came from and when. The source of life science has no answer for. DO YOU ever think beyond these things you learn from men and ask yourself can you prove they exist to yourself and others? Till you do you cannot mock God or faith in him as creator.
That is why pople suspect that Covid-19 was created in the Wuhan laboratory in China.

Do you actually understand how stupid that sounds? As Covid-19 effects living things and these genetic strands of disease are created to attack living matter that it never came from the above but was created to attack it. If it was created to harm then covid-19 would not be a harmful thing to the living and killing them.

4. Is there no contraction in your sentence? You say you have heard of those religions, then proceed to dismiss them as religions, just because they do not accept existence of any God. That is your personal definition of religion.

Wrong on so many levels. YOU introduced these others into a discussion about God and the bible verses of creation.
My personal definition is that religion has to have a god to be in a discussion of this par. The others that do not have gods which generally try and make man think about life and others in a positive way are men trying to show not all humans bad.
* "An RNA virus is a virus that has RNA (ribonucleic acid) as its genetic material. This nucleic acid is usually single-stranded RNA (ssRNA) but may be double-stranded RNA (dsRNA). Notable human diseases caused by RNA viruses include the common cold, influenza, SARS, MERS, COVID-19, Dengue Virus, hepatitis C, hepatitis E, West Nile fever, Ebola virus disease, rabies, polio, mumps, and measles."
RNA virus - Wikipedia

You are repeating what you have read without understanding you cannot show to yourself that these are correct.
Why has there been so many different genetic mutations of Covid-19? Why do the common cold not engineered in a lab attack human beings? As all living things share in common the RNA why do you believe we can change some of the effects of those not engineered in a lab and it takes longer for those which are? What was it about the Israelites RNA allowed them to survive 40 years in the wilderness and even survive poisonous snake bites. You deal with what you want to believe but it takes more to deal with truth and facts.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
ONLY LIFE COMES FROM LIFE.
Where did the very first life of humans and animals come from? Do you actually understand how stupid that sounds?

My personal definition is that religion has to have a god to be in a discussion of this par.

What was it about the Israelites RNA allowed them to survive 40 years in the wilderness and even survive poisonous snake bites. You deal with what you want to believe but it takes more to deal with truth and facts.
I think you are being stupid here. I suppose you have not heard of 'Synthetic Virology'. Check in Wikipedia at Synthetic virology - Wikipedia. Also tell me as to what is your definition of 'life'. Are the viruses animate or inanimate? They may just be strands of RNA with no DNA. If today we are making synthetic viruses, we will perhaps create the DNA strands also in future. Today we have the capability of altering the DNA sequences.

"Synthetic virology is a branch of virology engaged in the study and engineering of synthetic man-made viruses. It is a multidisciplinary research field at the intersection of virology, synthetic biology, computational biology, and DNA nanotechnology, from which it borrows and integrates its concepts and methodologies. There is a wide range of applications for synthetic viral technology such as medical treatments, investigative tools, and reviving organisms."

My definition of 'life' is different from yours. For me even an atom is alive, does not stop to live in the body of the dead person. The components which make up life Life with your definition are very common in space and the best guess at the moment is that life developed around the volcanic vents in the sea.

That there is no religion without God is your personal view. 500 million Buddhists, Jains and Hindus will not agree with that.

Ah, the 3 million Israelists wandering in Sinai for 40 years and leaving not even a shard of evidence for today's archaeologists! I have heard that story, and you want me to believe in this hocus-pocus?

"Mainstream scholarship no longer accepts the biblical Exodus account as history for a number of reasons. Most scholars agree that the Exodus stories were written centuries after the apparent setting of the stories."
Read the rest of the details at: The Exodus - Wikipedia

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
"Death is an unnatural phenomenon."
Is not birth too an unnatural phenomenon?
Birth on Earth I don't see as un-natural phenomenon.
Without birth, animal kind and human kind would Not be here.
However, enemy death is an un-natural phenomenon that originally was Not given to human kind.
Human kind had the opportunity to live forever on Earth without ever having to die.
Life is the natural phenomenon .

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There is nothing to learn from Bible except superstition..
No, Bible is not the source of morals for Hindus, and we are a billion strong.
.........................................'morals are from Bible'. Now this is an ignorant assertion.

Let me say, 'morals are from God ' and for a Christian ' morals are from the Bible being God's Word.
In Scripture we find after the 'Flood' (Satapatha-Brahmana ) there were people centered in ancient Babylon, and as the people migrated away from ancient Babylon they took with them their ' morals ' based on ancient Iranian and Babylonian teachings.
So, yes the Bible is Not the source of morals for everyone. But morals do have a religious connection rather than secular. Although people of nations do have a common sense of law because of having an inborn conscience.

To add a new dimension to fear, get ready in 8 years for the Apophis 2029 meteor. It is expected to at least graze the Earth's atmosphere, which could rip it away. Another case where people panic at the last minute.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Let me say, 'morals are from God ' and for a Christian ' morals are from the Bible being God's Word.
In Scripture we find after the 'Flood' (Satapatha-Brahmana) there were people centered in ancient Babylon ..
Although people of nations do have a common sense of law because of having an inborn conscience.
Glad that you corrected your wrong statement. The flood in Hindu mythology also is not true. The real flood was with ice during the ice-age and it is remembered in Gathas (myths of the Zoroastrians), dated around 25-20,000 years ago.

"The next part of the story tells of a meeting of Ahura Mazda and the Yazatas in Airyanem Vaejah, the first of the "perfect lands". Yima attends with a group of "the best of mortals", where Ahura Mazda warns him of an upcoming catastrophe: "O fair Yima, son of Vivaŋhat! Upon the material world the evil winters are about to fall, that shall bring the fierce, deadly frost; upon the material world the evil winters are about to fall, that shall make snow-flakes fall thick, even an arədvi deep on the highest tops of mountains."

Ahura Mazda advises Yima to construct a Vara (Avestan: enclosure) in the form of a multi-level cavern, two miles (3 km) long and two miles (3 km) wide. This he is to populate with the fittest of men and women; and with two of every animal, bird and plant; and supply with food and water gathered the previous summer."
Jamshid - Wikipedia
Last Glacial Maximum refugia - Wikipedia

That is the real flood story when the Indo-Europeans migrated from their Northern homes to ice-age refugias. Vedas remember the Northern homeland but not the migration. In the winters of the ice-age, people must have lived in deep caves. The flood story is not from Babylon but from Northern Europe and Siberia which experienced ice-age. People lived everywhere on earth, Babylon was not the 'center of the earth'. India and China always had and still have the largest population of the world, Babylon was and is just an oasis in a desert.

Ruins of Babylon
US_Navy_030529-N-5362A-001_A_U.S._Marine_Corps_Humvee_vehicle_drives_down_a_road_at_the_foot_of_Saddam_Hussein%27s_former_Summer_palace_with_ruins_of_ancient_Babylon_in_the_background.jpg

Morals are created by the society. It is true that they are affected by whatever religious hocus-pocus the people believe in. And you have rightly said that people use common-sense when they live in societies. The morals are not from any God.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The finality of death is compounded by the veil between worlds. Lift the veil, and voila!
Necromancy not necessary.
Worlds? What worlds? You believe in science, then why do you write such an ambiguous statement?
I am an atheist Hindu and believe in science (I do not know what I believe as an 'advaitist', a believer in non-duality, will mean to you). I do not believe in any next life. I am satisfied with one that I got. With death I will dissolve in the elements leaving no trace.
Nacromancers are those people who believe that a God will raise them from death and they will have a second and everlasting life in his heaven.

Worlds? What worlds? You believe in science, then why do you write such an ambiguous statement?
I am an atheist Hindu and believe in science (I do not know what I believe as an 'advaitist', a believer in non-duality, will mean to you). I do not believe in any next life. I am satisfied with one that I got. With death I will dissolve in the elements leaving no trace.
Nacromancers are those people who believe that a God will raise them from death and they will have a second and everlasting life in his heaven.

What is ambiguous to one is quite lucid to another. Contradictory as it seems, I do believe in phenomena which you can neither prove or disprove. The machine that the world has become is not so predictable afterall, and thank dog for that: monotony and redundance kill through boredom.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I do believe in phenomena which you can neither prove or disprove. The machine that the world has become is not so predictable after all, and thank dog for that: monotony and redundance kill through boredom.
That is randomness, theories of uncertainty and probability. They make life interesting.

There may be things which we cannot prove today but will become clear tomorrow. Science has been able to clarify many such things. But for that reason, we cannot believe in woo.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Finding a species already in existence is not a new evolved species. My point which is the only point which science has to admit, is that ONLY LIFE COMES FROM LIFE.
No new species just already existing ones that come from the life already here. My point is fact and every scientist who knows about matter and life will tell you that evolution is a theory and evolution not happening in the years we have had science.

Till you can prove that and answer it, then you have nothing with your science and books, Are you by now realizing I know more than you and your learning from science?

In the great scheme of things why should that matter? What you believe is immaterial it matters nothing for the purpose of God and the bible amidst creation.

Hate to burst your bubble but where did the first strand of ribonucleic acid come from. It is one of the four major macromolecules essential for all known forms of life. BUT there is nothing to show where these original sources came from but God. But only living things are made up of these and only from existing living things can you derive it. So you still fail to answer where the first life came from and when. The source of life science has no answer for. DO YOU ever think beyond these things you learn from men and ask yourself can you prove they exist to yourself and others? Till you do you cannot mock God or faith in him as creator.

Do you actually understand how stupid that sounds? As Covid-19 effects living things and these genetic strands of disease are created to attack living matter that it never came from the above but was created to attack it. If it was created to harm then covid-19 would not be a harmful thing to the living and killing them.

Wrong on so many levels. YOU introduced these others into a discussion about God and the bible verses of creation.
My personal definition is that religion has to have a god to be in a discussion of this par. The others that do not have gods which generally try and make man think about life and others in a positive way are men trying to show not all humans bad.

You are repeating what you have read without understanding you cannot show to yourself that these are correct.
Why has there been so many different genetic mutations of Covid-19? Why do the common cold not engineered in a lab attack human beings? As all living things share in common the RNA why do you believe we can change some of the effects of those not engineered in a lab and it takes longer for those which are? What was it about the Israelites RNA allowed them to survive 40 years in the wilderness and even survive poisonous snake bites. You deal with what you want to believe but it takes more to deal with truth and facts.
In reference to some of your points, what strikes me as interesting is that the Jews claimed Abraham as their father, meaning the forebearer of those who worshipped the God that Abraham was written to have had contact with. In other words, not all religions are based on things that way. It (the biblical account) became very specific when it talked about the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

Do you actually understand how stupid that sounds? As Covid-19 effects living things and these genetic strands of disease are created to attack living matter that it never came from the above but was created to attack it. If it was created to harm then covid-19 would not be a harmful thing to the living and killing them....
The theory of evolution is most definitely linked to the origin of life, but that seems to be avoided by those believing in the idea that life evolved without a superior designer. And especially by One that gives life. They say that (abiogenesis) is not part of evolution. But like you, I think of the theory as guesswork now.

Deidre

I think people are perhaps afraid of how they might die, when...will they have done everything they wanted to do? Will their lives feel cut short? I'm not sure people are afraid of dying as much as afraid of not living as well and fulfilled as they had hoped.

ajay0

As per eastern philosophy, it is the ego that is scared of death, due to the factor of annihilation of self. This fear is so intense in most people to drive them unconscious.

But for the practiced meditator or yogi, it is an aspiration to remain conscious at the point of death without fear, as it is considered to be a very beautiful experience and spiritually elevating.

As per eastern philosophy, the soul or Self, which is one's true nature, is pure consciousness and is of an eternal nature.

The ego on the other hand, is a false fictitious self created by one's cravings and aversions. It experiences agitation, insecurity and fear, mainly stemming from its innate fragility and is easily threatened, and prone to conflict and disharmony.

The fear of death also stems from the ego. The enlightened may feel pain in the body, but have no fear of death and is equanimous about it.

I notice ^ above ^ you stress the word ' created ' and according to the Bible this is true.
However, there are details about Adam: Adam was 'fashioned' or 'formed' from the dust of the ground - Genesis 2:7
Eve, on the other hand, was 'formed or fashioned' from Adam's rib.
So, yes they were created by God, but God used what was already existing creation to 'form or fashion' Adam and Eve.

You fail to recall the following;-

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Only at the point God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, did man become a living soul. Eve was created from a living soul her husband and so she too became a living soul. Life gives life.Man was formed from the dust of the earth before cursed and he and Eve only be came living beings when God breathed life into Adam. Adam being a living soul and Eve came from God not that which was formed from the dust of the ground but given Gods own life from himself. ( Did you know that the kiss of life came from this teaching by idea of breath being breathed into the body?
So Adam and Eve became living beings not by the created but the breath of God which he breathed into Adam and he then being a living being had a rib removed and Eve created from that which God made a living soul.

You could not form a body from the soil today because it became cursed by God. Man cannot become a living soul today unless God breathed life into the person. So Adam being created from soil is correct but his life came from the creator not the created.