• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death,Why is it so Scary?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
"Sleep is deaths twin brother." As you sleep in life unaware of the time that passes, so it is in death,
I believe that as you close your eyes in death you awake instantly to the judgement or to God and Christ,
Fleeting almost.... Jesus said, " whoever believes in him and lives shall never die". We can discuss many different beliefs

Old Testament Saul and the medium woke Samuel. The bible teaches many things but trust in God must be first priority.
Christ put God first, didn't he? Your grandmother sounds like a very wise woman.
Sleep is a given from Jehovah. Can restore the body and mind. Thank you! Although I believe judgement comes while we're alive. Depends what is going on.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
"Sleep is deaths twin brother." As you sleep in life unaware of the time that passes, so it is in death,
I believe that as you close your eyes in death you awake instantly to the judgement or to God and Christ,
Fleeting almost.... Jesus said, " whoever believes in him and lives shall never die". We can discuss many different beliefs
Old Testament Saul and the medium woke Samuel. The bible teaches many things but trust in God must be first priority. Christ put God first, didn't he? Your grandmother sounds like a very wise woman.

Thank you for your compliment about my late grandmother.
Another subject: but as we examine Scripture, Saul did Not really speak with dead Samuel.
Many think once dead ' awake instantly ' to judgement.
However, I find in Scripture that is Not the case for:
Daniel (Daniel 12:13) King David (Acts of the Apostles 2:34) John the Baptist (Matthew 11:11)
I find None of the faithful people of Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39 are yet resurrected.
This is why Acts of the Apostles 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....
Since ' death ' wipes the slate clean, then a person is judged on what they do ' after ' they are resurrected.
What judgement I find involves the living people at Jesus' coming Glory Time of Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Notice: Jesus separates living people and judges them while they are alive.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
t........ Jesus said, " whoever believes in him and lives shall never die". We can discuss many different beliefs....

I think we need to see which ' death ' was Jesus speaking about ____________
True, the Bible speaks of 'death' but it also speaks of ' second death ' - Revelation 21:8
The faithful will never see 'eternal destruction' aka ' second death ' that death with No future hope of life anywhere.
- John 8:50-51; John 11:25-26. It's the wicked who are ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Ah, death scares you! It does not scare me. It does not scare me because I do not have the false hope that I can prolonging this life.

There is nothing you can say to me that will bother me so do not worry about disrespect. It's not an issue. Just be yourself.

What about what I said is not clear? God places knowledge all around us. It waits to be Discovered. How long did mankind watch birds fly before they figured out how? The knowledge was there all the time. Was God really hiding anything?

Religion has convinced people everything is a mess so that you need them. In reality, this world is a Masterpiece.

So much is said about God that simply isn't true yet the answers stare us in the face. Why is it easier to accept the beliefs of others rather than Discovering the Truth for ourselves? Answer: Religion is teaching everyone accepting beliefs is more important . Next, Discovery takes much more work than blindly accepting. On the other hand, which supplies the better results??

I hope this clears things up some.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!
I agree the Earth is indeed a masterpiece but I disagree that it is religion is responsible for convincing people the world is in a 'mess'.
Thirty five percent of the global land area, and 55 per cent of the global population, are subject to more than 20 days of the year that will have heat conditions, beyond the threshold of human survivability-section from a paper by a think tank that believe this will be the result by 2100 at present emissions of greenhouse gases. Human Civilization Will Crumble by 2050 If We Don't Stop Climate Change Now, New Paper Claims | Live Science

A sweeping report assessing the state of the natural world found that humans are having an “unprecedented” and devastating effect on global biodiversity, with about 1 million animal and plant species now threatened with extinction. 1 million species under threat of extinction because of humans, biodiversity report finds.

Most countries aren't hitting 2030 climate goals, and everyone will pay the price.
"Untold human suffering" is in our future as nations miss their Paris Agreement targets by a long shot.
At current rates of deforestation, rainforests will vanish altogether in a century.

These claims are not being made by religious organisations but by the scientific community.

Problem with people relying on their own understanding is they are often wrong.

Bird123

I agree the Earth is indeed a masterpiece but I disagree that it is religion is responsible for convincing people the world is in a 'mess'.
Thirty five percent of the global land area, and 55 per cent of the global population, are subject to more than 20 days of the year that will have heat conditions, beyond the threshold of human survivability-section from a paper by a think tank that believe this will be the result by 2100 at present emissions of greenhouse gases. Human Civilization Will Crumble by 2050 If We Don't Stop Climate Change Now, New Paper Claims | Live Science

A sweeping report assessing the state of the natural world found that humans are having an “unprecedented” and devastating effect on global biodiversity, with about 1 million animal and plant species now threatened with extinction. 1 million species under threat of extinction because of humans, biodiversity report finds.

Most countries aren't hitting 2030 climate goals, and everyone will pay the price.
"Untold human suffering" is in our future as nations miss their Paris Agreement targets by a long shot.
At current rates of deforestation, rainforests will vanish altogether in a century.

These claims are not being made by religious organisations but by the scientific community.

Problem with people relying on their own understanding is they are often wrong.

You are right. At some point the kiddies will just have to clean their rooms. If they are stubborn, the adversity of the results will lead the way.

People are working on solutions every day. They do not get the news coverage the doom and gloom people do. Have you noticed all the electric car manufacturers out there? Battery technology is better than it's ever been with new designs coming in the future. People are working on fusion. This translates into an almost limitless supply of cheap energy that will make fossil fuels obsolete. The sun is a fusion reaction. Look how well that has been and continues to be.

Life is about Learning and Growing. This will not be done without Challenges. Instead of complaining, blaming and trying to control the actions of others, let's all work on Solutions. With the Diversity of views world wide, I am sure there are Great Ideas that have never been heard nor explored.

God created a world where Brains win. Brains are the tool by which all problems can be solved. It has never been trying to control others. The answers stare us in the face if only we can widen that view and focus on solutions rather than control.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh as he was tired. He did that about 6,000 years ago. Created adam from soil and Eve from one of Adam's ribs. People have all answers. Don't they?

Sleep is a given from Jehovah. Can restore the body and mind. Thank you! Although I believe judgement comes while we're alive. Depends what is going on.

I believe we can be judged and punished in this life by human standing. But if committing one sin means you have committed all. Then surely being punished and judged now means no one left alive if sin bring death in life.

Thank you for your compliment about my late grandmother.
Another subject: but as we examine Scripture, Saul did Not really speak with dead Samuel.

If Saul did not speak with Samuel then why does it clearly state he did, Did the book mentioned in Daniel exist before the end and the end of his own life. What would those books contain? With God nothing is impossible and under the OT the Old Covenant we see the slept who were alive to God to the resurrection and judgement.

Many think once dead ' awake instantly ' to judgement.
However, I find in Scripture that is Not the case for:

The bible shows the dead man thrown into the cave where the remains of
2 Kings 13:21

21 And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.

How are you to apply all that is written below to the above?

We see clearly the man was dead. Upon touching the bones of Elisha he was revived. The power in Elisha was still in his bones and so powerful raised the dead.

Daniel (Daniel 12:13) King David (Acts of the Apostles 2:34) John the Baptist (Matthew 11:11)
I find None of the faithful people of Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39 are yet resurrected.

The Saints with God those who live and never die? Matthew 17:2 - 3 did Jesus meet with a living Moses and Elijah? You see there has always been a living and dead amongst human beings. Those alive to God full of his power and life, and those who are not alive to God. Did Jesus not tell his disciples that having prepared a place for them he would come and take them unto himself?
This is why Acts of the Apostles 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....
Since ' death ' wipes the slate clean, then a person is judged on what they do ' after ' they are resurrected.
What judgement I find involves the living people at Jesus' coming Glory Time of Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Notice: Jesus separates living people and judges them while they are alive.

The Covenant with Moses is very clear that you are to obey the whole law.
The second covenant which is not like the one made with Moses. Jeremiah 31:31-34 is the final covenant and we know it includes the Gentiles. We cannot bind God and his power with mans way of understanding. We must always allow the truth of Gods word to be as it is written. In Gods understanding revealed to man. The teachings and pathways of truth will bring all back to Gods understanding. Remain Safe..

YoursTrue

I believe we can be judged and punished in this life by human standing. But if committing one sin means you have committed all. Then surely being punished and judged now means no one left alive if sin bring death in life.
In actuality (as far as I am concerned looking at things), there is a difference in being alive or dead while being physically alive. Naturally I am discussing one's being spiritually dead or alive. And spiritual life can lead one into eternal life. After all, Jesus did say that some were dead in their sins.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Death comes in its own time by degeneration of human / animal organs. Merit or sin has nothing to do with it. Those who sinned (acted against humans norms) have lived long lives.

YoursTrue

Jesus said there are those that will never die at all.
I am quite sure that none of us commits just one sin. Anyway. But that's a minor point, isn't it?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus said there are those that will never die at all.
First of all, there are those who will never die at all because they will never see ' second death ' - Revelation 21:8
They will Not be classed with the wicked who are destroyed forever - Psalms 92:7; 104:35; 2 Peter 3:9.
Also, please notice that people are 'alive' on Earth at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth when Jesus comes as: King, Savior and Judge at Matthew 25:31-33,37.
So, when 'God shows up in one's life', so to speak, then one has the choice for: salvation or destruction.
Adverse judgement for the figurative haughty 'goats', and a favorable judgement for the humble 'sheep'.
The living ' sheep' can continue to live and remain alive and be here on Earth to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign over Earth with the opportunity to live forever without ever dying.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Death comes in its own time by degeneration of human / animal organs. Merit or sin has nothing to do with it. Those who sinned (acted against humans norms) have lived long lives.
The man Asaph (read Psalms 73) observed that bad people had seemingly good lives.
However, none had: everlasting lives.
If we could stop sinning we would Not die.
Because we sin we die, and because we can't resurrect oneself or another we need someone who can resurrect us, restore us to life again. This is where a sin-less Jesus enters the picture for us.
Jesus can and will resurrect the dead - Revelation 1:18.
Enemy death will be brought to nothing according to 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Remember: the punishment for sin is: just death.
Not death plus anything else, No post-mortem punishment, No double jeopardy for the dead.
Adam simply returned to no life or non-life - Genesis 3:19.
To me the point is: if we could stop sinning we would Not die.
Because we can't stop sinning is why we die.
Since we can't resurrect oneself or resurrect anyone else is why we need someone who can resurrect us.
This is where sin-less Jesus enters into the picture for us. Jesus can and will resurrect us - Revelation 1:18

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Oh, your ever-lasting life and resurrection! For me, canards. No evidence. If there is any (other than your book) please let me know.
Of course there is No other evidence because 'resurrection is future' according to Acts of the Apostles 24:15.
I can give you 'evidence', so to speak, to look for that there will be coming divine involvement into mankind's affairs.
The Bible speaks of a coming ' final signal ', so to speak, at 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
When the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security..." that will prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9.
Even now, coupled with the international declaring about God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44) just as written at Matthew 24:14 along with the world scene as found at Luke 21:11 is leading to the end of earth's sorrows.
Earth's sorrows includes death, and enemy death will be No more on Earth according to the Bible.
So, No I can't give you evidence (other then God's Book) because only the Bible is God's evidence.
I know this sounds narrow minded, but I suppose people felt that way about Jesus too.
Remember how fast the 1st-century crowds turned on Jesus' teachings ________

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Of course there is No other evidence ..

Remember how fast the 1st-century crowds turned on Jesus' teachings ________
Then, that, I think, is the end of the story for me if your God, his son and the numerous saints cannot provide any better evidence in 2100 years.

No, they did not. It was only after persecution of Christians was stopped by Constantine in 313 CE (Edict of Milan).
"At that point, Christianity was still a minority belief, comprising perhaps only five percent of the Roman population." Christianity - Wikipedia
Christianity was accepted as the State Church of Roman Empire in 380. Don't fudge history.

Last edited:
Remember: the punishment for sin is: just death.
Not death plus anything else, No post-mortem punishment, No double jeopardy for the dead.
Adam simply returned to no life or non-life - Genesis 3:19.
To me the point is: if we could stop sinning we would Not die.
Because we can't stop sinning is why we die.
Since we can't resurrect oneself or resurrect anyone else is why we need someone who can resurrect us.
This is where sin-less Jesus enters into the picture for us. Jesus can and will resurrect us - Revelation 1:18
You need to remember that God told Adam if he ate the fruit he would die,
Do you think what happened after really reflects what you are professing or suggesting?

If Adam was to return to the dust and none existence. Why then would man need saving?
If you stopped sinning under the Covenant with Moses then you could be saved with the sacrifice. But it requires you to live the rest of your life that way.We die because flesh is fallen. As with Adam denied the right to eat from the tree of life and live in a fallen state. His actions caused mankind to be denied the right of living forever by the tree of life because all mankind born of fallen flesh.

You see the evidence shows that someone had to die for the sins of the world. Not just the Jews but Gentiles too.

In actuality (as far as I am concerned looking at things), there is a difference in being alive or dead while being physically alive. Naturally I am discussing one's being spiritually dead or alive. And spiritual life can lead one into eternal life. After all, Jesus did say that some were dead in their sins.

What you have written means nothing in the great scheme of things.Would you care to go further with your comments, Thank you.