• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death Penalty

King Phenomenon

Do you think the countries that have the death penalty for homosexuality would stop doing that if all the other countries who have the death penalty for other things stopped doing that? Would it put pressure on these countries?

epronovost

Do you think the countries that have the death penalty for homosexuality would stop doing that if all the other countries who have the death penalty for other things stopped doing that? Would it put pressure on these countries?

No, the country who have a death penalty for homosexual (and there aren't a lot) are basically surfing on a wave of isolationism and religious hysteria over the subject often fueled from other countries. They don't know or care much about the rest of the world.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
IMO:
Usually setting a good example works miracles, so I think it has some impact on "homo-killers"; unless it's religion-based killing

Heyo

Veteran Member
No, the country who have a death penalty for homosexual (and there aren't a lot) are basically surfing on a wave of isolationism and religious hysteria over the subject often fueled from other countries. They don't know or care much about the rest of the world.
It doesn't have an effect on current administrations but once the regime changes, examples from around the world will have an impact on the new government.

SA Huguenot

Even if I am of opinion that Gay is a psycological disease, sending such people to death is wrong.
I have 7 times more sins than any gay on earth.
These countries will never stop to murder gay people due to their religious ideology.
Even if these governments changes their laws, the populace will continue with these murders and the government will not do anything to prosecute these murderers.

But why are you only enquiring about gay execution.
Do you know they also execute Christians, women accused of adultery, and do you know how they torture women for not adhering to their deress code etc.
Next time you look for a sympathetic ear, dont think that because you are gay, somehow you have more rights to other persecuted people.
Anyhow, I dont have any grievance against Gays.
It is their businuss.