• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death of my favorite star

factseeker88

factseeker88
James Garner (Rockford files) dead at 86 (1928 - July, 19th, 2014)

:sorry1::sorry1::sorry1:

"Our belief or disbelief of a thing does not alter the nature of things” Tillotson​

"This moment is your life." Omar Khayyam.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Mom and I watched Maverick. That got me hooked as a fan. I think she had a crush on him, but perhaps not, because She liked Gunsmoke and Bonanza too.

factseeker88

factseeker88
Mom and I watched Maverick. That got me hooked as a fan. I think she had a crush on him, but perhaps not, because She liked Gunsmoke and Bonanza too.
>>

All of their stars are dead, the last, James Arness (Matt Dillon) in 2011.

"This moment is your life." Omar Khayyam

"Our belief or disbelief of a thing does not alter the nature of things” Tillotson

factseeker88

factseeker88
I used to watch the Rockford Files all the time (I don't watch much TV anymore). RIP Mr. Garner.

It was rated at 8.1, higher than all other TV programs, and it is still playing on ME TV, 194, every weekday and Sunday.

:yes::yes::yes:

"Our belief or disbelief of a thing does not alter the nature of things” Tillotson

factseeker88

factseeker88
The trusted blacksmith is still with us. (Gunsmoke) But yeah, I'm old.

How did you find him, I checked all the extras and crew, found no blacksmith, know his name?

BTW, you're only as old as you feel. I'm 88 and still cooking.

factseeker88

factseeker88
RIP Jim. I loved you in Murphy's Romance.

In his movie, The Notebook (2004), he knew he was dying, got in the same bed at the hospital with dying Gena Rolands, his long-time sweetheart, and they both died at the same time.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
In his movie, The Notebook (2004), he knew he was dying, got in the same bed at the hospital with dying Gena Rolands, his long-time sweetheart, and they both died at the same time.

I never saw it. I read the book.

factseeker88

factseeker88
I never saw it. I read the book.

It's on DVD, and really a very entertaining movie with a totally unexpected ending.

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]No lesson is so deeply inculcated by the experience of life as that you should NEVER TRUST EXPERTS” Lord Salisbury[/FONT]

"QUESTION EVERYTHING." TV Science channel

factseeker88

factseeker88
Honest to goodness I did not know he died.

TMC always has an interlude for stars who died, very touching.

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]No lesson is so deeply inculcated by the experience of life as that you should NEVER TRUST EXPERTS” Lord Salisbury[/FONT]

"QUESTION EVERYTHING." TV Science channel