• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death Hell And The Devil .

Endless

The Bible teaches a lot of things about the soul but i've never read anywhere where it teaches that. Where are the verses explictly teaching the basis for which you interpret what the Bible says concerning the spirit and the soul in this way?

may

Endless said:
The Bible teaches a lot of things about the soul but i've never read anywhere where it teaches that. Where are the verses explictly teaching the basis for which you interpret what the Bible says concerning the spirit and the soul in this way?
we have to go back and find out what these words actually mean, . Right in the very first book of the Bible, Genesis, we are told that the soul is not something you have, it is something you are. We read of the creation of Adam, the first human being: "The man came to be a living soul." (Genesis 2:7) The Hebrew word used here for soul, ne´phesh, occurs well over 700 times in the Hebrew Scriptures, never once conveying the idea of a separate, ethereal, spiritual part of man. On the contrary, the soul is tangible, concrete, physical

Endless

On the contrary, the soul is tangible, concrete, physical
Yes, but you just told me that the soul refers to man's eternal prospects - ie at the second death, what you are now describing is not the soul that you described before when you gave your explaination of how people could kill the body but not the soul....and that only God destroys the soul, when he removes the hope from those he kills at the second death.

fromthe heart

I just wanted to interject that I'm enjoying this thread very much. I even rated it and I only have one problem I can't frubal Endless again till I spread more karma around.:bow: ..but Endless I love your posts in this thread!!!:clap