• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death as a proof?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
people's bodies are transformed constantly as they mature. more so as they mature spiritually.

eutress

vs

distress causes physical changes in the body as pain and suffering, or dis-ease.

change is death to something old becoming renewed again.

jesus changed and suppressed his ego to elevate god's will
I think I'm beginning to understand the paradygm that you are judging things by and that is self and ego (hope I'm correct).

My paradygm is simply that the earth (materiality) is cursed because of sin. It is on a downward spiral and always must be treated to keep it up where it was meant to be. But I find no support that people's bodies are transformed more as they mature spiritually.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
And I hear your wife said "Thank God!!!"?
I KNOW that I will have a head full with long, flowing, shinning hair... she keeps praying for it!v :D I said to her, "HONEY, you are only asking for 'more hair' and its coming out of every area of my body! Can you PLEASE be more specific and say 'ON HIS HEAD'"

Erebus

I've certainly seen atheists use horrible deaths or terminal illnesses in arguments against God. Stephen Fry would be one example when asked what he'd say to God if it turned out to be real, "Cancer in children? What's that about? How dare you."

Where this is applicable to arguments against God is, as has been mentioned, when the problem of evil crops up. In that situation, I would say it's a fair criticism of the omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent view of god. It's less applicable and therefore less often used against other god concepts. In the same interview with Stephen Fry, he was significantly more sympathetic towards the gods of Ancient Greece.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It's part of the same thing. They say something like, 'this person died young, so how can there be a god?' It's an extrapolation on my part from many different posts that I've read from atheists.
Then I fear that you have misunderstood what is said.

We may occasionally point out that specific god-claims are at odds with what actually happens. But most (nearly all) atheists are very much at peace with the existence of death.