• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death and Evolution

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Words, when used appropriately, always have meaning. I, for one, am not nervous in the least, rather it is your fractured syntax and word structure that might indicate that you are projecting your own inadequacies onto others. Besides, bad words are not permitted here.

That was a lie, the way you debate shows clearly how nervous you are.

I have no faith (at least in a religions sense).

When believing in something without showing an evidence then that is faith,
you don't believe that death was planned for a purpose and you can't prove it,
you believe that it just happened to be the case, that's faith and not facts.

What is your point? What is wrong with sex? What is wrong with intoxicants used in moderation? What makes you thing that sex and intoxicants are linked to stealing, or fooling, or cheating? Personal experience?

No relation between them but can be labelled as "bad deeds" which religion opposes,
but filthy people don't want religion, they want the society to be a filthy one.

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
It doesn't need a proof to understand and to realize the involvement of intelligence in the design of life on earth,
the death of species that we can't even do anything about regardless of our advancement in
science and biology, no escape from death and it's a must for life to survive on earth otherwise
life will end because of the lack of resources, if I'm wrong and you have an evidence and proof that death wasn't planned by a designer, then I'm all ears to listen to you.
I understand your claim.
You have not substantiated your claim at all.
Instead, you declare your bold empty claim is truth until it can be proven wrong.
Fact is, your bold empty claim deserves no more than a passing glance since you have not substantiated it.

When have I said your claim is "wrong"?
I haven't.
I have merely revealed to you the fact that you have not shown your claim to be true.

McBell

So if you can't prove anything and I can't prove anything, then both of us are dealing
with faith and not science, but if you believe in science and you want to make your point
then convince it to me by science, if you're sure that a designer wasn't needed then bring your evidence,
if you can't then there is no difference between you
and the one who believe in the monkey God, both have different faiths.
There is no faith involved in not accepting a claim that has not been substantiated.
I understand you can not bring yourself to understand this fact because it will unravel your beliefs.

You have quite thoroughly demonstrated here that you are not the least bit interested in truth or facts.
Thus there is no way to have a meaningful or even honest discussion with you about it.

Have a nice day.

McBell

No relation between them but can be labelled as "bad deeds" which religion opposes,
but filthy people don't want religion, they want the society to be a filthy one.
Yet they can also be labeled "amoral".
Or even labeled "good deeds".

in fact, they can "labeled" whatever the labeler wants to label them.

And that is exactly what you did, labeled them what you wanted to label them.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
There is no faith involved in not accepting a claim that has not been substantiated.
I understand you can not bring yourself to understand this fact because it will unravel your beliefs.

You have quite thoroughly demonstrated here that you are not the least bit interested in truth or facts.
Thus there is no way to have a meaningful or even honest discussion with you about it.

Have a nice day.

Are you sure of anything? let me then ask you a question?
Are you sure 100% that God doesn't exist or you only believe that God doesn't exist?

McBell

Are you sure of anything?
I know you have not substantiated your bold empty claim.
I know that you will not be able to understand the concept that "my beliefs are true until you prove them wrong" is nothing more than a safety net for weak faith.

Are you sure 100% that God doesn't exist or you only believe that God doesn't exist?
Neither.
I do not know either way.

Which is fine with me because the existence or non-existence of god does not matter in the slightest.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I know you have not substantiated your bold empty claim.
I know that you will not be able to understand the concept that "my beliefs are true until you prove them wrong" is nothing more than a safety net for weak faith.

Neither.
I do not know either way.

Which is fine with me because the existence or non-existence of god does not matter in the slightest.

IOW, you don't believe in anything, God may exist or may not, it makes no difference
with you since nothing can be proved.

That's fine with me.

McBell

IOW, you don't believe in anything,
Another bold empty claim from you.
At least you are consistent....

God may exist or may not,
Correct

it makes no difference
with you since nothing can be proved.
Bold empty claim based on your wishful thinking.

No worries mate.
I understand it is nothing more than you desperately clinging to your beliefs.

Feel free to dictate to me whatever you have to in order to protect your worldview.

That's fine with me.
ROTFLMAO

Your replies indicate otherwise.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Another bold empty claim from you.
At least you are consistent....

Correct

Bold empty claim based on your wishful thinking.

No worries mate.
I understand it is nothing more than you desperately clinging to your beliefs.

Feel free to dictate to me whatever you have to in order to protect your worldview.

ROTFLMAO

Your replies indicate otherwise.

I have wasted enough time with you, good luck

McBell

I have wasted enough time with you, good luck
No luck needed.
At least not on my part.

Please note, that it is in no way my fault you could not substantiate any of your claims and had to resort to declaring to me what I think and believe.

Whenever you are reduced to declaring the other persons position for them, you have lost.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No luck needed.
At least not on my part.

Please note, that it is in no way my fault you could not substantiate any of your claims and had to resort to declaring to me what I think and believe.

Whenever you are reduced to declaring the other persons position for them, you have lost.

You aren't sure of anything and that's it.

McBell

Which facts?
How about the FACT that I have a list in this very thread of things I am sure of?
But you still declare that I am not sure of anything.

Thus you demonstrate you are not interested in the TRUTH of the FACT that the list exists.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Are you sure of anything? let me then ask you a question?
People who are aware of the limited human perceptions and reasoning are not "100% sure" of much of anything. We could always be wrong about something.
It's mostly religious people who think they are so smart that they are 100% sure of things like what an unknowable God wants or plans.
I see that as remarkable prideful and egotistical. If there is a God, for some reason He didn't give me the capacity for hubris that He gave most people.
Tom

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
How about the FACT that I have a list in this very thread of things I am sure of?
But you still declare that I am not sure of anything.

Thus you demonstrate you are not interested in the TRUTH of the FACT that the list exists.

Then explain how death was naturally selected for the species?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
People who are aware of the limited human perceptions and reasoning are not "100% sure" of much of anything. We could always be wrong about something.
It's mostly religious people who think they are so smart that they are 100% sure of things like what an unknowable God wants or plans.
I see that as remarkable prideful and egotistical. If there is a God, for some reason He didn't give me the capacity for hubris that He gave most people.
Tom

I agree with you that we can't be sure about God's plan, but let's first to agree or disagree
that intelligence was involved in the creation of life or it just happened to be so and for no reason.