1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Dear theist, what ever your theology is, is God all loving?

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by firedragon, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Alien826

Alien826 Older than dirt

Ratings:
    +189
    Religion:
    Horizontalist
    I carefully avoided the subject of corporal punishment.

I would suggest that your last question would depend on your assessment of the neighbors. Big, easy to anger and possessing guns ... don't spank their kids. ;)

2. stevecanuck

stevecanuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534
    You've read the Qur'an, so you already know the answer is NO.

3:32 - "Say: 'Obey God, and the Messenger.' But if they turn their backs, God loves not the unbelievers".
    2:98 - "Whoever is an enemy to Allah and His angels and His messengers and Gabriel and Michael - then indeed, Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers".

3. firedragon

firedragon Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +5,630
    Religion:
    Islam
    Thanks. The second Muslim to respond with some scripture. Appreciated. All loving.

4. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,492
    Religion:
    Jehovah's Witness
    You make some very good points an I've asked myself that question a few times. I believe God created the universe, our beautiful earth and everything in it - including ourselves - out of pure love. Do we deserve to be loved? There are nearly 8 billion people on this planet and they are not all the same. We don't all behave the same way so, if God is watching, as I believe He is, He knows who each person is and what they do.
    There are many incredible people who do their best every day to live decent, honest lives without destroying the planet. Not everyone is corrupt, violent or greedy. Many people are, but not all. Everyday I see examples of how wonderful people can be. That's why I haven't completely lost faith in humankind.
    I sincerely believe that God loves those who live according to his values very much, and I find solace in the words in Ecclesiastes 1:4 "The earth remains forever" and Psalms 37:29 "The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it."

5. stevecanuck

stevecanuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534
    Salaam.

6. EthanReilly

EthanReilly We Create God by Our Exaltation

Ratings:
    +192
    Religion:
    Pantheism
    Synverses create love. They create everything in fact.

7. firedragon

Ratings:
    +5,630
    Religion:
    Islam
    Waalaikum laka ahi

8. 1213

1213 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +953
    Religion:
    Disciple of Jesus
    I mean with it, God doesn't lie, He is not dishonest, He does not judge partially, He doesn't kill without good reason, He doesn't tease people.

9. firedragon

Ratings:
    +5,630
    Religion:
    Islam
    Okay. Let me put it this way. Is God "capable of doing evil"?

10. 1213

1213 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +953
    Religion:
    Disciple of Jesus
    I think He is, but He don't want to do so, because He thinks it is not good and He wants to do good.

11. firedragon

Ratings:
    +5,630
    Religion:
    Islam
    Okay I understand your position.

My personal opinion always has been that God is capable of anything, so he is capable of doing evil as well logically and that was years ago. That was my personal opinion. But after reading some philosophical thoughts I came to the conclusion that God is not capable of evil. Because it's a logical contradiction. So my view now is that God is not able to do evil things because it contradicts God's nature. It's illogical to think that.

I don't mean to disqualify your view so easily. I am only speaking about a philosophical view.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. firedragon

Ratings:
    +5,630
    Religion:
    Islam
    Great thread. Learned a lot. Except from one hatred spreading scholar who just cut and pasted some thing from some website to preach some hatred. :)

Overall. It was very interesting and engaging. Thank you very much for the contribution all. Cheers.