• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Revoltingest

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's high time that RF had an advice column for those of you in search of consul regarding life's trials & tribulations.
Please submit your requests for help, & I shall periodically select one for analysis & advice. Tis because I care.
Rules:
1) The titular salutation must precede every request.
2) No snickering about the word "titular".

4consideration

Premium Member
Dear Bacon Czar,

I am concerned about the lack of access to bacon.

What can we do about this horrible situation? Would you support re-distributive legislation so that all may enjoy the sweet sizzle of this delightful meat-candy?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dear Bacon Czar,
I am concerned about the lack of access to bacon.
What can we do about this horrible situation? Would you support re-distributive legislation so that all may enjoy the sweet sizzle of this delightful meat-candy?
Dear reader,
Thank you very much for your interest in my political views about cured meats, but this column is all about you, the little people.
I wish to embiggen you by guiding you thru the maze of your miserable small lives with my worldly wisdom. Please, tell me what
conundrum has befallen you....a love lost.....a brutish boss.....a family flap. I shall help.

Aquitaine

It's high time that RF had an advice column for those of you in search of consul regarding life's trials & tribulations.
Please submit your requests for help, & I shall periodically select one for analysis & advice. Tis because I care.
Rules:

Dear Revoltingest,

I am interested in finding out what this special event that's going to happen to you in July, do you happen to know the answer to my search for the answer?

Kind regards,

Raul Pusco.
(lolwut)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Dear Revoltingest,

I am interested in finding out what this special event that's going to happen to you in July, do you happen to know the answer to my search for the answer?
Kind regards,
Raul Pusco.
(lolwut)
Dear reader,
Thank you for your concern about the impending blessed event. All will be clear within a few days.
Now, is there any matter where I may offer advice or solutions? A spat with the spouse? Churlish children? Anal warts?
I'm here for you.

4consideration

Premium Member
Dear Revoltingest,

Where do I begin?

First of all, I seem to have a terrible problem with reading and comprehending simple instructions. And, when I do understand the situation, I sometimes have diffculty with motivation.

I'd like to ask more, but I just can't be bothered to right now.

Please help.

Aquitaine

Dear reader,
Thank you for your concern about the impending blessed event. All will be clear within a few days.
Now, is there any matter where I may offer advice or solutions? A spat with the spouse? Churlish children? Anal warts?
I'm here for you.

I'm a Homer-Simpson-Sexual and I don't know how to break the news to my family.......

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Dear Revoltingest,

My friend was out in a field yesterday releasing a painted turtle into a pond. He found it while biking on a busy highway. Unfortunately, his act of compassion resulted getting lots of itchy chigger bites. Do you have any suggestions for him?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Dear Revoltingest,

Somebody likes to drive down my street late at night some nights with their car stereo bass so loud that it actually rattles the windows in my house. It is obnoxiously loud. Is there anything I can do to get through to this idiot that no one wants to hear his stereo bass thumping in their bedrooms?

Sincerely,
Annoyed at Night

Alceste

Vagabond
Rules:

Dear Tit,

I bought sixty bottles of wine for my wedding, which is in a month. We keep drinking it, and now I'm starting to get worried there won't be any left for the Big Day. Is there any point getting married?

Signed,
One Tipsy Canadian

Alceste

Vagabond
Dear Revoltingest,

Somebody likes to drive down my street late at night some nights with their car stereo bass so loud that it actually rattles the windows in my house. It is obnoxiously loud. Is there anything I can do to get through to this idiot that no one wants to hear his stereo bass thumping in their bedrooms?

Sincerely,
Annoyed at Night

My neighbour's son does that. It occurred to me to burn some Roger Whittaker and / or Connie Francis CDs, break into his truck and load up his stereo with them so when he roars off to work in the morning, music screaming in his ears, instead of dubstep, he'd hear this:

[youtube]wfjIWa4i6hQ[/youtube]
Roger Whittaker - Yellow Bird - YouTube

Me Myself

Back to my username
Dear Revoltingest.

I have always enjoyed being too perfect to live, but lately I´ve been having a feel that people are looking past those tiny imperfections I fake from time to time and this is making things embarrasing to them, to be too close to someone as perfect as me.

Now, I was thinking that being that I am asking for your help, maybe they would feel better because I actually ask someone for help, but then I though "Pff, yeah right. Everyone knows that even when you are perfect there is always something you can learn from Revoltingest. Not only the awesome language that is french!"

So that probably wont help me that much.

I just don´t know what to do. How can I be better at hiding my perfection?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dear Revoltingest,
Where do I begin?
First of all, I seem to have a terrible problem with reading and comprehending simple instructions. And, when I do understand the situation, I sometimes have diffculty with motivation.
I'd like to ask more, but I just can't be bothered to right now.
Please help.
Dear reader,
Thank you for writing me, & congratulations for being the first to bask in the grace of my tutelage.
Yours is a 2 parter. I deduce from your first complaint that you are male. Reading instructions is simply not in your nature.
In fact to do so would be an admission of failure in the manliness department, just as would be stopping to ask for directions
when lost. Admit you are a man, & accept that instruction manuals are an anathema. It won't cure the stated problem, but you'll
feel better about yourself. Now, I suggest that you do what I do when confronted with an inscrutable product (eg, the cel
phone)....I have my son figure it out, & then explain it to me. (The young are born knowing such things.)
On to your minimal motivation problem.....I suggest examining all that you do in life. You are doing things, eg, job, avocation,
love, which do not satisfy. No matter the cost, find a job you love, the mate of your dreams, etc. Change can be difficult,
perhaps a change in career or even gender, but ultimately you'll be happier being who you really are. If you're older, then
testosterone replacement therapy could help. See your physician or dealer about that.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I'm a Homer-Simpson-Sexual and I don't know how to break the news to my family.......

Dear reader,
Have you ever heard about the philosophy that quickly ripping off the Band-Aid is the most painless way to face impending pain?
Well, that is utter bunk! But it would serve you well in this instance. Face the music, tell them all at once, & be prepared to
remain calm in the face of possible animosity. As in many difficulties of the human condition, it always boils down to being
the person you are, & hiding it from no one. I warn you though, if it might result in loss of a sizable inheritance, then first
ask yourself, WWNMD (What would Niccolo Machiavelli do?).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dear Revoltingest,
My friend was out in a field yesterday releasing a painted turtle into a pond. He found it while biking on a busy highway. Unfortunately, his act of compassion resulted getting lots of itchy chigger bites. Do you have any suggestions for him?
Dear reader,
You bring up a most important issue in these dangerous times, what with the threats of Lyme disease, babesiosis,
Rocky Mountain spotted fever, etc. I recommend wearing insect repellent clothing when communing with nature
in brush & the boonies. ExOfficio & Columbia offer such garb. (I wear it myself when keeping grounds.)

Btw, thank your friend for his service to turtlekind. I too am a big fan.

Rakhel

Dearest Revoltingest,
What is a mother supposed to do when 3 children are up at the crack of dawn and all she wants to is sleep?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dear Revoltingest,
Sincerely,
Annoyed at Night
Dear reader,
Thank you for sharing your volume vexation. We've all been there, & have found solutions to be elusive.
Since local conditions & personal preferences will widely vary, I cannot recommend a single course of action for you.
But I do have some suggestions for you to consider, & then apply or not as you & your family see fit:
Call the police, & alert them to the problem. Sorry....I just had to slip in that joke. (You may now imagine Sheldon Cooper's self-satisfied chortling.)
Find a good hiding place which is not associated with any particular residence. (We don't want a target for perp's retaliation.) Wait up at night for
the offender to drive past your house, while holding your .177 cal hi-velocity air rifle. As he (always a young male) passes, put a round into a body panel.
This will be audible, expensive to repair, & will send a clear message that he has messed with the wrong person. If one instance has no effect, a 2nd
round will enhance the learning experience. Caution: Do not shoot a window, because this could injure someone. A tire would be fair game, since no
catastrophic blow-out would happen, but this should be reserved for follow up shots due to greater subtlety of the message.

For those who lack an air rifle, Beeman Arms is a fine company, dedicated to excellent products & preservation of historical pneumatic weapons.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dearest Revoltingest,
What is a mother supposed to do when 3 children are up at the crack of dawn and all she wants to is sleep?
Dear reader,
Thank you for addressing this age old burden of all good parents.
Buck up & accept it. You will be tired. Staying active will keep painful fatigue at bay.
Place yourself in a frame of mind such that you relish this time with your children.
Some day they will leave you, & you'll take great pleasure in remembering these days.

Note: Some would consider drugs such as caffeine. I don't say it's wrong, but such advice is not in my repertoire.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dear Tit,
I bought sixty bottles of wine for my wedding, which is in a month. We keep drinking it, and now I'm starting to get worried there won't be any left for the Big Day. Is there any point getting married?
Signed,
One Tipsy Canadian
Dear reader,
Thank you for your request, but I have one of my own....please begin your letter with the now traditional salutation, "Dear Revoltingest".
For those of you who know me from days of yore, "Dear Revolting", "Dear Revoltinger" or "Dear Pope" will also suffice.
Now, on to your dilemma. You have no problem at all. You can always buy more wine as needed.
And your sampling has extensively verified that your wine choice will be well received on the Big Day.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dear Revoltingest.
I have always enjoyed being too perfect to live, but lately I´ve been having a feel that people are looking past those tiny imperfections I fake from time to time and this is making things embarrasing to them, to be too close to someone as perfect as me.
Now, I was thinking that being that I am asking for your help, maybe they would feel better because I actually ask someone for help, but then I though "Pff, yeah right. Everyone knows that even when you are perfect there is always something you can learn from Revoltingest. Not only the awesome language that is french!"
So that probably wont help me that much.
I just don´t know what to do. How can I be better at hiding my perfection?
Dear reader,
Thank you for sharing your shortcoming. I know it must be difficult to admit this in a public forum, but you're not alone.
(More than a few of us suffer in silence.) I suggest a strategy employed by magicians....don't allow them to dwell on your
lack of flaws. Rather, distract them & give them something else, something they'll perceive as positive to focus upon.
As one gifted with perfection, you must also be a person of means. This too could be resented, but wield it to your advantage
by regularly treating friends to bacon. All personal friction will melt away in the face of your cured meat magnanimity.

Last edited: