• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Journal, the BD Edition

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
Dear Journal,

One of the hardest things to learn is your own limitations, especially when there's so many good things you wish you could do to help the world, but it's not within your means. That can be a painful acceptance. You may want to save the world, but you can't do it because you're one man. I hope for the time the Buddha effects the salvation of everything, which as I understand the Lotus Sutra to teach: he will. Because the Buddha doesn't fail in his mission, when he established the path and the Bodhisattva way. There are just things as humans we don't know and understand about right now. I have full faith in the Buddha, which as Nicherin once said, is blessed.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
Dear Journal,

I have an admiration for Islam that is almost purely tied with appreciation for a cultural framework that's so unlike mine. I used to believe things the media said before I didn't know any better, and I went to meet Muslims myself in my community. They were very nice and I fully believe these terrorists don't represent the religion. A religion can't do good or bad, but it's adherents can. The mistreatment of Muslims at present makes me sad, because inhumanity isn't right, and that's even if you feel you're being wronged. Two wrongs don't make a right. Inhumanity to fight inhumanity, just heaps evil upon evil.

I am not in control of the actions of others, but I am my own, so I will have no part in the anti-Islam movement. I have chosen to follow the Buddha, which means non-violence, and loving-kindness toward everything.

It doesn't profit anything to take up the Dharma and the work of alleviating suffering in the world, then add more to it through feelings of anger and revenge.

Last edited:

David T

Premium Member
Dear Journal,

One of the hardest things to learn is your own limitations, especially when there's so many good things you wish you could do to help the world, but it's not within your means. That can be a painful acceptance. You may want to save the world, but you can't do it because you're one man. I hope for the time the Buddha effects the salvation of everything, which as I understand the Lotus Sutra to teach: he will. Because the Buddha doesn't fail in his mission, when he established the path and the Bodhisattva way. There are just things as humans we don't know and understand about right now. I have full faith in the Buddha, which as Nicherin once said, is blessed.
One annonomous invisible act can change the world. That's been a documented fact. So it's not the lightening strike that's important it the invisible annomous actions that are important. I am not versed on Buddha but my sense is he would agree. A person can live and die, and only later are their actions world changing unknown to the world where it came from unknown to the individual who manifested it.