• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dealing with differences in marriage...

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
There are very few things that can lead to more unhappiness, than when a husband and wife don't get along. The whole family suffers!

This article can be helpful....

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g201512/differences-in-marriage/
We have found that the DISC profile application to marriage has really helped couples. As we head to 50 years of marriage, there are so many factors that are important… Obviously, Jesus is the main factor that makes marriage work better.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Hi, Kenny, hope you and your family are doing well. Thanks for your reply.

What is DISC profile? Doing a Google search, I found something about 4 personality types - Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, & Conscientiousness. Is that what you were meaning?

It’s nice to hear that you’ve had a happy family life. Almost 50 years! Wow, that’s commendable!

Dominance can go by the wayside, Lol.
A husband should just lead with love, as Jesus did, I’m sure you’ll agree. (Matthew 11:28-30) Being “mild tempered” & “lowly in heart” are qualities that are tremendously useful for both spouses to cultivate.

The Bible provides a lot of fine guidance for families, if members are just willing to apply it!

Since Jehovah is the one who instituted marriage, He wants them to be successful…. so it’s certainly something we can pray for, ask help for: He can help us to apply His principles to a better degree.

Take care, my cousin.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Hi there. I agree that marriage, generally being the closest association a person can have in life can be very disarming. The information we have from the publications about marriage on jw.org is helpful.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Hi, @Kenny , hope you and your family are doing well. Thanks for your reply.

What is DISC profile? Doing a Google search, I found something about 4 personality types - Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, & Conscientiousness. Is that what you were meaning?

It’s nice to hear that you’ve had for the most part a happy family life. Almost 50 years! Wow, that’s very commendable!

A husband should just lead with love, as Jesus did, I’m sure you’ll agree. (Matthew 11:28-30) Being “mild tempered” & “lowly in heart” are qualities that are tremendously useful for both spouses to cultivate.

The Bible provides a lot of fine guidance for families, if members are just willing to apply it!

Since Jehovah is the one who instituted marriage, He wants those who are married to be successful…. so it’s certainly something we can pray for, ask help for: He can help us to apply His principles to a better degree.

Take care, my cousin.

Kenny

Premium Member
Hi, @Kenny , hope you and your family are doing well. Thanks for your reply.

Yes… none of them are wrong, just different… like each gift is part of the body yet each joint increases the capacity as a whole.

So we learn the language of each part and become more aware of how each one operates and communicates. Much like the book 5 love languages.

It’s nice to hear that you’ve had for the most part a happy family life. Almost 50 years! Wow, that’s very commendable!

If not but for Jesus. We both came from divorced families with a lot of “luggage”. If Jesus hadn’t entered into our live after 8 years of marriage, another marriage would have bitten the dust.

LOL… It isn’t that kind. It produces the likes of Joshua and Caleb.

Absolutely… He used his position and authority to serve not to “dominate”.

So true… it what produced our children without all the problems that many families find.
Since Jehovah is the one who instituted marriage, He wants those who are married to be successful…. so it’s certainly something we can pray for, ask help for: He can help us to apply His principles to a better degree.

Amen! to that. As Ephesians said, “This is a mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the Church” - we know God by understand marraige.
Take care, my cousin.
:) Who knows, we may be more closely related than what we think :)

Kenny

Premium Member
We have found that the DISC profile application to marriage has really helped couples. As we head to 50 years of marriage, there are so many factors that are important… Obviously, Jesus is the main factor that makes marriage work better.
I am SO sorry I posted on JW DiR. I did not see that. My sincerest apologies

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I am SO sorry I posted on JW DiR. I did not see that. My sincerest apologies
No problem, Kenny! (I just now saw this.)

You weren’t being sarcastic or derogatory (you never are :)). Your posts are welcome.

I asked you questions. Thanks for your answers.