• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dead Sea Scrolls

Spike900

Are there any more/other facts on the dead sea scrolls? I came across this thing that was saying that the NT is not true. And that the NT is basically not real, it said that the NT took some stories from the OT to create the NT. On other things it says that the dead sea scrolls are a hoax. Should the dead sea scrolls be trusted since they can be proved real?

Spike900

They say that they have found fragmented scrolls in caves. If you Google the dead sea scrolls it will show the scrolls found and that they are fragmented.

CEMB

Are there any more/other facts on the dead sea scrolls? I came across this thing that was saying that the NT is not true. And that the NT is basically not real, it said that the NT took some stories from the OT to create the NT. On other things it says that the dead sea scrolls are a hoax. Should the dead sea scrolls be trusted since they can be proved real?

In relation to the NT, Google/research 'Council of Nicaea (325 CE)'. This was the meeting were the Roman Catholic Church decided upon which texts about Jesus and his teachings would be included in the NT. There were many stories/texts about Jesus in the 4th century, not all of them were included in the NT.

Domibucks

The Council of Nicaea in 325 had nothing to do with what texts should and shouldn't be included in the New Testament. It's main goal was to settle on the Nature of God, and the Holy Trinity won out.

Last edited:

CEMB

The Council of Nicaea in 325 had nothing to do with what texts should and shouldn't be included in the New Testament. It's main goal was to settle on the Nature of God, and the Holy Trinity won out.

True, my mistake. Need to improve my Church history. First surviving complete list of books included in the New Testament, as we know it, appears in a letter written by St Athanasius, Bishop of Alexandria, in 367 CE.