• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dead Man

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
On my 26th Birthday I was truly blessed.

I almost died.

The first thing I remember was walking down a remote stretch of blacktop. I couldn't tell you where I was, or how I had gotten there. All I could tell you was that my head hurt. Bad.

It turns out that after celebrating with some friends (celebrating with 2 fifths of whiskey, a case of Budweiser and some Jagermeister), instead of going to bed to sleep it off I decided to go for a drive. I'm just glad I didn't kill anyone.

State patrol tells me that when my car came to rest it was 568 feet from where it left the road. They estimate that I rolled the car about 8 or 9 times. At some point I was ejected from the vehicle. I don’t remember any of this.

When I came too I had already walked nearly a mile down the road. I knew I needed help so I stopped at the first house I saw and knocked. No answer. At that point I decided that I needed help more than these people needed sleep, so I punched in the window and called for help. It turns out the house was abandoned. I was too out of it to go any farther so I grabbed an old jacket off of a pile of clothes and passed out on the kitchen floor. When I woke the next morning I walked back to the road and I flagged down the first car that passed. It was a County Sheriff. He asked me what had happened and I told him the best of my recollection. I was still coherent, was able to tell him my address, phone number, etc. He radioed for an ambulance but I told him I didn't have insurance and couldn't afford the bill. He persuaded me to go anyway. I'm glad I listened.

After 18 hours in the trauma unit at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis I was told that I had suffered 3 Skull fractures and 2 subdural hematoma (that's when your brain hemorrhages from bouncing off the inside of your skull). The fact that I lived is a miracle in and of itself, but going to sleep afterward and waking back up is truly a gift from God. I'm a walking testimony to the Grace of God. I cannot express the feelings inside of me when I think that God loved an unapologetic sinner like me enough to pull me out of that carnage. I have a second chance at life, and this time I’m going to make it count.

wreck2.jpg

A

angellous_evangellous

Well, this is a difficult thread to comment on.

Hard to call it a blessing. One more day to do the right thing.

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
But it was a blessing.

Not only did I get a second chance, I now know, without a doubt, that God is real, He loves even me, and He has a plan for me.

That's the only reason I can think of to explain why I'm still here.

A

angellous_evangellous

But it was a blessing.

Not only did I get a second chance, I now know, without a doubt, that God is real, He loves even me, and He has a plan for me.

That's the only reason I can think of to explain why I'm still here.

Well, that's a good thing to take away from this experience.

I wonder if you'd feel the same way if you had killed someone and were sitting in a prison cell.

It would be no less a second chance, and no less proof that God loves you.

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
I agree.

I've thought alot about what happened that night, and I am utterly grateful that everything turned out as it did.

I make no excuses for my actions. I was wrong. Plain and simple. I had no right or reason to be driving. By God's Grace I was the only one on the road that night. But I believe that had that night not happened the way it did I would probably never returned to God, thus I am thankful for this experience and blessed.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Hi Rejected!

Thanks for sharing. If you feel that this experience has been for your good then that is a step in the right direction. Instead of blaming god and asking him 'how could you let this happen to me' or 'god hates me, and that is why I had an accident'.

About then years ago, I was living in the world. I was a christian, but in the world.

My first realization of god came when I was very young. I was seven years old. Later in my teens I was baptised in a river. Since I was a teenager my life had shown little if any evidence that i was saved. But god did not give up on me. I dont know why...but I guess at one point he descided he had enough of my rebellion an decided to make a point. Needless to say..my life fell apart. Came apart at the seems.

And during that time in my life...i knew...that god was 'working' on me. And there was no point in fighting god. I fell into the hands of god, and he was not going to let me go, until he had brought me to my senses.

I too felt during that time,that if it had not been for those experiences....i would not haver returned to god. I lost everything but gained so much more. At one point the only thing there was, was god and me. I was homeless, broke, destitute, and everywhere I turned nobody was available to help. I was forced to look only to god,and even he did not save me from my troubles, but out of them. He made me grow strong through them, and he taught me how to trust him with my life. Now, a home, money or security means little. Like it should have meant before i lost it. What i have now, I have gained from the hand of god, and it is not a snare to my life.

God is faithful, even if we are not. God is good.

Heneni

zomg

I aim to misbehave!
My father was run down by a drunk driver while talking a walk in front of our house. He almost died.

The fact you drove drunk earns you no sympathy from me. Sorry, that's how I feel.

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
My father was run down by a drunk driver while talking a walk in front of our house. He almost died.

The fact you drove drunk earns you no sympathy from me. Sorry, that's how I feel.

I wasn't asking for your sympathy, but you have mine. It breaks my heart to think of those lives that have been destroyed by reckless jerks like I used to be. I truly offer my sincerest apologies.

I was sharing a story of how God's love can reclaim even the most wicked among us. It wasn't my intention to make you re-live the tragedies of your past.

The only forgiveness I expect comes from God, which he has already given.