• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dead DIR?

Rhiamom

No posts here in a year? Seriously?

It is my personal experience that Orthodox Judaism is disproportionately represented online, while Conservative is under-represented. I do not think it is because Conservative Jews are less committed to Judaism, but more that they don't feel a need to defend themselves as the Orthodox seem to do. Opinions?

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Just about all of our sub-DIRs are dead. We just don't have the membership to make them active.
We all tend to just post in the main Judaism DIR.

Also, I think a lot of people are just sick and tired of the "movements" and the bickering that comes with them.
I tend to fall into the right side of Conservative, but I identify as "just" Jewish.

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
I tend not to post when it devolves into conflict, or if i have nothing to add to the topic ..
Orthodox, though in recent times people seem to consider my opinions "modern" whatever that is ...

Rhiamom

I see. And here I was thinking the Conservative DIR could be a place where we Conservative types could discuss Conservative halacha and theology without being told our halacha is Not Real and is "intellectually dishonest."

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I see. And here I was thinking the Conservative DIR could be a place where we Conservative types could discuss Conservative halacha and theology without being told our halacha is Not Real and is "intellectually dishonest."
It is that kind of place. But threads don't flourish with only a few people participating in it.

You're always free to start a thread here.