• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dayton Shooters Friend Lied On ATF Paperwork, Now Faces Federal Charges

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Since he lied to gain access to weapons it is good the caught him, so he never can gain weapons legally again. Unfortunately, he still can get it on the black market.
And all the rest of the guys who helped the shooter should get hard time in jail too

It would probably be easier to buy heroin.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It would probably be easier to buy heroin.
The bug problem is that the world does not really work hard to stop the drug trafficking, but we must become better in actually trying to stop them (no a wall won't stop them) I am 100% against the legalization of any drugs.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The bug problem is that the world does not really work hard to stop the drug trafficking, but we must become better in actually trying to stop them (no a wall won't stop them) I am 100% against the legalization of any drugs.
Even alcohol?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't touch alcohol my self, but I know that would probably be impossible to make illegal. But it would not bother me if it did get banned
We had an explosion of organized crime during prohibition.
Would that bother you?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
We had an explosion of organized crime during prohibition.
Would that bother you?
Well, i am aware that 99.99% of human beings do not see the alcohol the way I do it, and if they started a problem because the alcohol was gone from the stores yes I see that as a problem. Because i see that people can not behave if something is taken away from them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, i am aware that 99.99% of human beings do not see the alcohol the way I do it, and if they started a problem because the alcohol was gone from the stores yes I see that as a problem. Because i see that people can not behave if something is taken away from them.
When creating laws, we must consider whether the cure is worse than the disease.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well both Narcotic Drugs and Alcohol is a huge problem in the world today so we should address it and stop it
I favor assisting those suffering from addiction.
It's more libertarian than the war on drugs.
Besides....we cannot stop it.
We can only manage it.
The question is what way is optimum.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I favor assisting those suffering from addiction.
It's more libertarian than the war on drugs.
Besides....we cannot stop it.
We can only manage it.
The question is what way is optimum.
We can treat the people who want to be treated for narcotic and alcohol problems, but yes it will cost the governments a lot to do so. But I think if people got the help they could get out of it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We can treat the people who want to be treated for narcotic and alcohol problems, but yes it will cost the governments a lot to do so. But I think if people got the help they could get out of it.
The war on drugs costs a lot too.
We have the largest prison population in the world.
Treatment looks cheaper.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do you think this is because of lack of information or maybe a problem with how your government looks at this problem in the wrong way?
Info isn't lacking.
But they've a plethora of prejudices which interfere with addressing the problem efficiently & justly.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Aye, this is actually a rather sneaky tactic.
Government is always requiring signing documents wherein you affirm many
seemingly insignificant things, eg, 100% accuracy on a tax form, no drug use.
Normally, these things are minor in isolation. But if ever government really
wants to get you for something not quite illegal, then you can be prosecuted
for lying on the form.
It is a sneaky tactic, but still effective in finding someone to dump on and say "Look what we did".

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
When creating laws, we must consider whether the cure is worse than the disease.
My thinking on the legalization of, at least some, controlled substances has changed greatly in a positive direction, even though I have never used any. Since we know the state of things as they are, is it a certainty that legalization would make it worse? It seems, with the repeal of prohibition as a model, it could potentially reduce some major problems. All the money we spend controlling it has not stopped anything.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
granted

but apparently....Uncle Sam will back track on the ownership

I sure hope the gun I sold to my brother
never turns up

it was stolen from him

and I PRAY he had the good sense to report that

otherwise it could turn up some place...….awkward

and still have my name on it
That could be very awkward I suppose. You may want to look into that. Odds are, since it was stolen, it is in hands that you would not want it to be in or has a better chance of getting to those hands.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Aye, this is actually a rather sneaky tactic.
Government is always requiring signing documents wherein you affirm many
seemingly insignificant things, eg, 100% accuracy on a tax form, no drug use.
Normally, these things are minor in isolation. But if ever government really
wants to get you for something not quite illegal, then you can be prosecuted
for lying on the form.
Well they always do put the disclaimer about falsifying information.