• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Day of judgement (Quran)

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
Day of judgment According to Quran

What will convey to you what the Day of Judgment is? Again! What will convey to you what the Day of Judgment is?It is the Day when a self will have no power to help any other self in any way.The command that Day will be Allah's alone.(Qur’an, 82:17-19)

THE SOUND OF THE TRUMPET

On the Day the Trumpet is blown and everyone in the heavens and everyone on Earth is terrified—except those Allah wills, everyone will come to Him abject. (Surat an-Naml, 87)

Earth Will Be Shaken by Quakes

On the Day the first blast shudders, and the second blast follows it, hearts that Day will be pounding and eyes will be cast down. (Surat an-Nazi‘at, 6-9)

"No indeed! When Earth is crushed and ground to dust, and your Lord arrives with the angels rank upon rank, and that Day Hell is produced, that Day man will remember. But how will the remembrance help him? (Surat al-Fajr, 21-23)

Earth Disgorges Its Charges

When Earth is flattened out and disgorges what is inside it and empties out, hearkening to its Lord, as it is bound to do! (Surat al-Inshiqaq, 3-5)

When the graves are emptied out, each self will know what it has sent ahead and left behind. (Surat al-Infitar, 4-5)

According to Hadis of Prophet Muhammad----at day of judgment----humans will be Resurrected from The COCCYX

“The earth would consume every part of the son of Adam (after his death) except for one bone; the coccyx (the bone at the base of the vertebral column) from which he is created and from which his body will be reconstituted on the Day of Resurrection”

The Coccyx

THE MOUNTAINS

On the Day We make the mountains move and you see the Earth laid bare, and We gather them together, not leaving out a single one of them. (Surat al-Kahf, 47)

They will ask you about the mountains. Say: "My Lord will scatter them as dust. He will leave them as a barren, level plain on which you will see no dip or gradient." (Surah Ta Ha, 105-107)

[On the Day] the mountains [will be] like tufts of colored wool. (Surat al-Qari‘a, 5; Surat al-Ma‘arij, 9)

And the Earth and the mountains are lifted and crushed with a single blow, on that Day, the Occurrence will occur. (Surat al-Haqqa, 14-15)

THE OCEANS

When the seas are filled with flame. (Surat at-Takwir, 6)
When the oceans flood and overflow. (Surat al-Infitar, 3)

THE SKIES

On the Day the sky is like molten brass. (Surat al-Ma‘arij, 8)

When Heaven is split apart and goes red, like dregs of oil. (Surat ar-Rahman, 37)

THE STARS, THE SUN, AND THE MOON

"When the Sun is compacted in blackness" (Surat at-Takwir, 1)

"When the stars are strewn about." (Surat al-Infitar, 2)

"When the stars fall in rapid succession. (Surat at-Takwir, 2)

"When the stars are extinguished. (Surat al-Mursalat, 8)

And the Moon is eclipsed, and the Sun and the Moon are fused together. On that Day man will say: "To where can I run?" No indeed! There will be no safe place. That Day, the only resting place will be your Lord. That Day man will be told what he did and failed to do. (Surat al-Qiyama, 8-13)

THE UNIVERSE

"And (remember) the Day when We shall roll up the heaven like a scroll rolled up for books, As We began the first creation, We shall repeat it, (it is) a promise binding upon Us. Truly, We shall do it." (Quran 21:104)

"They made not a just estimate of Allâh such as is due to Him. And on the Day of Resurrection the whole of the earth will be grasped by His Hand and the heavens will be rolled up in His Right Hand. Glorified is He, and High is He above all that they associate as partners with Him! "(Quran 75:67)

Seventh Principle: The ultimate fate of the universe

UNBELIEVERS AT DAY OF JUDGMENT

"Woe to me, for neglecting what Allah was due and for being one of the scoffers!" or lest they should say: "If only Allah had guided me, I would have been more heedful," or lest he should say, when he sees the punishment: "If only I could have another chance so that I could be a good-doer!" "No, the fact is that My Signs came to you, but you denied them and were arrogant and were one of the unbelievers." On the Day of Resurrection you will see those who lied about Allah with their faces blackened. Do not the arrogant have a dwelling place in Hell? (Surat az-Zumar, 54-60)

Surah: 6, Verse: 70
leave alone those who take their religion to be mere play and amusement, and are deceived by the life of this world. but proclaim (to them) this (truth): that every soul delivers itself to ruin by its own acts: it will find for itself no protector or intercessor except Allah: if it offered every ransom, (or reparation), none will be accepted: such is (the end of) those who deliver themselves to ruin by their own acts: they will have for drink (only) boiling water, and for punishment, one most grievous: for they persisted in rejecting Allah.

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
a thousand suns said:
THE SOUND OF THE TRUMPET

On the Day the Trumpet is blown and everyone in the heavens and everyone on Earth is terrified—except those Allah wills, everyone will come to Him abject. (Surat an-Naml, 87)

You would think that a god would move with time, and use a synthesizer instead of actual trumpet.

Bowman

Day of judgment According to Quran

What will convey to you what the Day of Judgment is? Again! What will convey to you what the Day of Judgment is?It is the Day when a self will have no power to help any other self in any way.The command that Day will be Allah's alone.(Qur’an, 82:17-19)

Summary:

82.1 When the heaven shall become cleft.(Jesus opens the sixth seal)

82.2 And when the stars disperse. (The Seven angels of Jesus sent out)

82.3 And when the seas, it flowed out. (The Second Angel sounds his trumpet)

82.4 And when the graves will be laid open, poured forth. (Judgment Day)

82.5 You knew a soul that brought about and she put behind. (Judgment Day)

82.6 O! You the people, what deluded you with your Lord, the Holy? (The non-elect on Judgment Day)

82.7 Whom He created you, so He perfected you, so endowed with great natural powers and faculties. (The First Resurrection)

82.8 In what shape that He willed, fashioned you. (The First Resurrection)

82.9 By no means, rather those that lie with the Resurrection. (The non-elect on Judgment Day)

82.10 And truly before you guardians. (The twelve angels at the twelve gates of Heaven barring entrance for the non-elect)

82.11 Holy by dignity, scribes. (The names of the twelve tribes of Israel scribed upon the gates)

82.12 They know what you do. (The non-elect are prevented from entering Heaven)

82.13 Truly the righteous ones are in bliss. (Jesus’ Elect are allowed to enter through the gates into Heaven)

82.14 And truly the evil doers are in flaming fire. (The Second Death)

82.15 They shall burn her (in) the Resurrection Day. (The destruction of Babylon the Great)

82.16 And that they are from her with absent ones. (Babylon the Great)

82.17 And who told you what the Resurrection Day is? (The question posed to John)

82.18 Then who told you what the Resurrection Day is? (The question again posed to John)

82.19 A day you will not avail soul to soul a thing, and the command then on that day to “allah”. (“allah” being cloaked with Jesus’ deity )

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
Summary:

82.1 When the heaven shall become cleft.(Jesus opens the sixth seal)

82.2 And when the stars disperse. (The Seven angels of Jesus sent out)
You know there is a big difference between ignorance and the actual truth--------mistranslation and twisting the verses only shows desperation of Christians like you ,who wanna prove Quran so badly(heavy sigh)

"Who could do greater wrong than someone who invents lies against Allah or denies His signs? The wrongdoers are certainly not successful." [al-An‘am: 21]

"so leave them to plunge in vain talk and play about, until they encounter that day of theirs which they have been promised!- [Surah: 70, Verse: 42]

Bowman

You know there is a big difference between ignorance and the actual truth--------mistranslation and twisting the verses only shows desperation of Christians like you ,who wanna prove Quran so badly(heavy sigh)

"Who could do greater wrong than someone who invents lies against Allah or denies His signs? The wrongdoers are certainly not successful." [al-An‘am: 21]

"so leave them to plunge in vain talk and play about, until they encounter that day of theirs which they have been promised!- [Surah: 70, Verse: 42]

Please show us word-for-Arabic-word where anything has been mis-treated...

I think if you read the Quran you will note a blatant misunderstanding of our own solar system. Thus one might think that other "sure signs" may be as well cloked in the ignorance of the day in which it was written.

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
I think if you read the Quran you will note a blatant misunderstanding of our own solar system. Thus one might think that other "sure signs" may be as well cloked in the ignorance of the day in which it was written.

If you had read Quran you will not note the misunderstanding of our own solar system

Must dissagree:

They mis interpreted night and day, and the 'constant courses' of the sun and moon traveling hastily in their sphears.....ummm, nope, that's not in fact how it works.

It's pretty clear that these people still thought the earth was flat. They had no idea that the earth was in and amongst and part of the heavens.

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
Must dissagree:

They mis interpreted night and day, and the 'constant courses' of the sun and moon traveling hastily in their sphears.....ummm, nope, that's not in fact how it works.

It's pretty clear that these people still thought the earth was flat. They had no idea that the earth was in and amongst and part of the heavens.

This argument have been used by many people in past and has been proved wrong many times------instead of making Anti-Islamic sites as your prime source of knowledge about Islam , Why don't you read Quran first before making claims:facepalm::facepalm:

I JUST finished reading the koran/quran.....I know absolutely nothing about Islam but what I just spent the last three weeks reading...

This issue has been PROVEN in any realistic way, only rationalized to the satisfaction of those who want to believe....go read the definition of 'proof'......nothing about faith in there.

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
I JUST finished reading the koran/quran.....I know absolutely nothing about Islam but what I just spent the last three weeks reading...

This issue has been PROVEN in any realistic way, only rationalized to the satisfaction of those who want to believe....go read the definition of 'proof'......nothing about faith in there.

And how do I know that you actually did , but anyways i think you were referring to this verse

Orbit

And he is the one who created the night, daylight, sun and the moon, all swimming in an orbit. (Quran, The Prophets: 33).

Earth being flat

“And the earth, moreover, Hath He made egg shaped.” [Al-Qur’aan 79:30]

The Arabic word for egg here is dahaha, which means an ostrich-egg. The
shape of an ostrich-egg resembles the geo-spherical shape of the earth.

Also other verses which tell the fact that Earth was Spherical

“Seest thou not that Allah merges Night into Day And He merges Day into Night?” [Al-Qur’aan 31:29]

Merging here means that the night slowly and gradually changes to day and
vice versa. This phenomenon can only take place if the earth is spherical. If
the earth was flat, there would have been a sudden change from night to day and from day to night.

And

“He created the heavens And the earth In true (proportions): He makes the
Night Overlap the Day, and the Day Overlap the Night.” [Al-Qur’aan 39:5]

The Arabic word used here is Kawwara meaning ‘to overlap’ or ‘to coil’– the
way a turban is wound around the head. The overlapping or coiling of the day
and night can only take place if the earth is spherical.

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
Must dissagree:

Also i already know the verses you'll use to prove that Earth is flat so I wont waste my energy replying to you---so here is the reply

Does the Qur’an say that the Earth is flat?  - Misconceptions about Islam (ilovezakirnaik.com)

I'm not refering to 1 specific verse any where....Every time it is mentioned it is wrong....self admittedly the book was written plainly (for simpletons)

I think the same flawed description over and over is proof enough.

or is it that gods word cannot be translated to the rest of us?

Bowman

And

“He created the heavens And the earth In true (proportions): He makes the
Night Overlap the Day, and the Day Overlap the Night.” [Al-Qur’aan 39:5]

The Arabic word used here is Kawwara meaning ‘to overlap’ or ‘to coil’– the
way a turban is wound around the head. The overlapping or coiling of the day
and night can only take place if the earth is spherical.

لو أراد الله أن يتخذ ولدا لاصطفى مما يخلق ما

يشاء سبحنه هو الله الوحد القهار خلق السموت والأرض بالحق يكور اليل على النهار ويكور النهار على اليل وسخر الشمس والقمر كل يجري لأجل مسمى ألا هو العزيز الغفر

Law arada Allahu an yattakhitha waladan laistafa mimma yakhluqu ma yashao subhanahu huwa Allahu alwahidu alqahharu khalaqa alssamawati waal-arda bialhaqqi yukawwiru allayla AAala alnnahari wayukawwiru alnnahara AAala allayli wasakhkhara alshshamsa waalqamara kullun yajree li-ajalin musamman ala huwa alAAazeezu alghaffaru

Although “allah” he intended that he takes a son; he has not chosen from that which he creates, (but) what he wills, glory be to him, he, allah”, the one, the supreme. He created the heavens and the earth through The Truth. He causes to revolve the night onto the day, and He causes to revolve the day onto the night, and He made subservient the sun and the moon, each pursues its course to a fixed and appointed term, is He not the all-mighty, the most protecting one? (39.4 – 5)

Contextually, the two root derivatives that exist outside of sura 81, both occurring in 39.5, are used in direct reference to Jesus Christ (i.e. ‘The Son’), (i.e. ‘The Truth’) in these creation ayahs.

Not only is the Universe created through ‘The Truth’ (Jesus Christ) in the context, but He is responsible for alternation of day and night (i.e. light & darkness).

These ayahs demonstrate the following:

· Jesus is deity
· Jesus is the uncreated Son
· Jesus controls light and darkness

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
I'm not refering to 1 specific verse any where....Every time it is mentioned it is wrong....self admittedly the book was written plainly (for simpletons)

I think the same flawed description over and over is proof enough.

or is it that gods word cannot be translated to the rest of us?
pathetic----don't bring a argument if you cant prove it:facepalm:

InvestigateTruth

Day of judgment According to Quran.
What will convey to you what the Day of Judgment is?

According to Quran, the interpretation of the figurative verses of Quran, is unknown to everyone except for God:

"He it is Who hath sent down to Thee the Book (the Qur'án). Some of its verses are of themselves perspicuous (Clear to understand);--these are the basis of the Book --- and others are figurative (Symbolic)…yet none knoweth its interpretation but God..... "(Al-Imran-3:7)

So, If the meaning of the figurative verses are unknown to human, then what's the benefit of those verses? What was the purpose of God to reveal some verses that no one understands it’s meaning except for Himself?

We believe the answer is in Quran. According to Quran the interpretation of Quran is given on the Day of Resurrection:

“And now have We brought them the Book; with knowledge have We explained it; a guidance and a mercy to them that believe. What have they to wait for now but its interpretation? When its interpretation shall come, they who aforetime were oblivious of it shall say, ‘The Prophet of our Lord did indeed bring the truth.” (Al A’raf – 7:53)

We believe since the revelations of God are progressive, it's interpretation was left to be revealed with the next revelation of God. Which we believe that promise is already fulfilled. This is the Baha’i view of the Judgment Day and resurrection Day, which we believe was meant to be a spiritual resurrection, described as the figurative verses. And it’s basically the Day of the second coming of Christ. The question that would arise with regards to the ‘Seal of Prophets’ and how it is possible another revelation come. For that I refer you to this link:

http://bahai-library.com/books/announcement.quran/1.html

Bowman

According to Quran, the interpretation of the figurative verses of Quran, is unknown to everyone except for God:

"He it is Who hath sent down to Thee the Book (the Qur'án). Some of its verses are of themselves perspicuous (Clear to understand);--these are the basis of the Book --- and others are figurative (Symbolic)…yet none knoweth its interpretation but God..... "(Al-Imran-3:7)

So, If the meaning of the figurative verses are unknown to human, then what's the benefit of those verses? What was the purpose of God to reveal some verses that no one understands it’s meaning except for Himself?

We believe the answer is in Quran. According to Quran the interpretation of Quran is given on the Day of Resurrection:

“And now have We brought them the Book; with knowledge have We explained it; a guidance and a mercy to them that believe. What have they to wait for now but its interpretation? When its interpretation shall come, they who aforetime were oblivious of it shall say, ‘The Prophet of our Lord did indeed bring the truth.” (Al A’raf – 7:53)

We believe since the revelations of God are progressive, it's interpretation was left to be revealed with the next revelation of God. Which we believe that promise is already fulfilled. This is the Baha’i view of the Judgment Day and resurrection Day, which we believe was meant to be a spiritual resurrection, described as the figurative verses. And it’s basically the Day of the second coming of Christ. The question that would arise with regards to the ‘Seal of Prophets’ and how it is possible another revelation come. For that I refer you to this link:

http://bahai-library.com/books/announcement.quran/1.html

From what I have seen, bahai faith does not have any scriptures of its own.

It merely comments on everyone else's scriptures...yes?

InvestigateTruth

From what I have seen, bahai faith does not have any scriptures of its own.

It merely comments on everyone else's scriptures...yes?

As a matter of fact, the Baha'i faith has 200 Volumes of Books of Scriptures of it's own!

The collected volume which is translated to English so far, represents only a fraction of Bahá'u'lláh's output during His 40-year ministry, when He revealed thousands of tablets which altogether represent a volume more than 70 times the size of the Qur'an and more than 15 times the size of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible.

Some of these Books are avaialable online here:

Baha'i Reference Library

and many more here:

Bahá'í Library Online

We only use Bible and Quran as a common point for discussions with Christians, Moslems, …etc. Otherwise Baha'u'llah revealed new teachings and laws for this age, and that's what Baha'is follow.

Last edited:

Bowman

As a matter of fact, the Baha'i faith has 200 Volumes of Books of Scriptures of it's own!

The collected volume which is translated to English so far, represents only a fraction of Bahá'u'lláh's output during His 40-year ministry, when He revealed thousands of tablets which altogether represent a volume more than 70 times the size of the Qur'an and more than 15 times the size of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible.

Some of these Books are avaialable online here:

Baha'i Reference Library

and many more here:

Bahá'í Library Online

We only use Bible and Quran as a common point for discussions with Christians, Moslems, …etc. Otherwise Baha'u'llah revealed new teachings and laws for this age, and that's what Baha'is follow.

Your links really do not tell me much.

Could you post a couple of 'original' verses along with a verifiable reference or two...?

Thanks...