• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Day 3 bible reading :Everything has kind of changed.

Lorgar-Aurelian

This is a bit late since day 3 was actually yesterday but I've been having a lot go on.

I couldn't explain to you exactly what changed to make me reconsider all of this but it has indeed changed. Yesterday while reading the bible I just had this sudden desire to try and communicate with God. Why? Like I said I couldn't tell you it was just out of the blue.

The sudden need to pray become surprisingly strong in me and I decided what the heck i'll go for it. It won't hurt anything right? So I got down on my knees ( I decided the way Christians often pray would work well enough since I was reading the bible.) and started to pray. I didn't pray for anything in particular at first I just kind of tried to listen more than anything. I did ask God after a bit to reveal himself somehow and guide me if he was really there.

After praying I just felt good. Just rather at peace. I began reading the bible and seeing more possibilities and in all honesty it was just nice. I've felt a rather strong urge since then to give myself over to the spiritual or just God and for awhile I tried to figure out how that would work out and where I would go.

AT the same time I was considering why I might feel this need to begin with outside of the possibility that God was trying to make contact. Obviously with all the emotional stuff going on in my head from time to time it could be nice to have it feel like there was someone looking out for me. Maybe just being able to trust yourself to someone else lifts a burden from your shoulders. All I know is I didn't have a rational argument for being religious again just a lot of emotional ones.

A few days ago I was talking to someone about a lot of this. Eventually I just said "What is the point of being right if it means you are miserable all the time?" We kind of got into it, well I was more angry than he was but I don't think he realized how much this all meant to me. Eventually he got to more or less saying honesty was better which sounds all well and good when you aren't struggling with finding a point in living. Either way it was just weird.

These last two days have just been a huge wad of confusion. Random religious urges, sudden emotional episodes and all sorts of other junk. I'm honestly not sure how I feel anymore.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey, I'm glad you're finding some new things about yourself and your spirituality during this. :) I hope the confusion and emotions ease into something more peaceful and comfortable like you were beginning to experience.
Happy seeking.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Sorry to hear that life has been tough for you lately Lorgar, I hope you connect with people who care for you and help you both spiritually and with other hardships you may be facing

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
These last two days have just been a huge wad of confusion. Random religious urges, sudden emotional episodes and all sorts of other junk. I'm honestly not sure how I feel anymore.

Welp if it keeps up like this i'll be a priest or the rabbi before I'm done. I feel like I'm in a weird M Night Shyamalan movie with a big twist at the end.

I had a similar experience many years ago. Hope it works out as well for you as it did 4 me!

God works in mysterious ways - I NEVER thought I would get right into meditation & reading books like "Conversations with God" & treating everyone with kindness & compassion. If you had suggested that would happen 2 me I would have absolutely laughed in your face!

You never know what life has in store for you.

All the best!