• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Day 2 bible reading.

omega2xx

I've already studied it. I'm honestly not sure that would help the tedium.

Reading the Bible just to get through it will be of little or no value and the tedium will get worse.

According to I Cor 2:14, the natural man, a non Christian, can't understand God's word. They can understand its literal truths, but not its spiritual truths.

To understand the spiritual truth requires asking God to show them to you. Even Billy Graham must do that.

I have been where you are, and nothing in the Bible made any sense until I was converted, and started asking God to help me understand what I read.

arthra

Baha'i
What I found from reading the Bible was that in time and if you really listen to the words it will "speak" to you and inspire... but it should be approached selflessly.. If you let go of the ego and just expose yourself to the Bible a little at a time it will begin to inspire and uplift.

Nowadays there are so many aids available many online that will also open up new vistas by say exploring the Hebrew words themselves..

I've found this true of the Quranic verses as well.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Reading the Bible just to get through it will be of little or no value and the tedium will get worse.

According to I Cor 2:14, the natural man, a non Christian, can't understand God's word. They can understand its literal truths, but not its spiritual truths.

To understand the spiritual truth requires asking God to show them to you. Even Billy Graham must do that.

I have been where you are, and nothing in the Bible made any sense until I was converted, and started asking God to help me understand what I read.
This is so true. I had tried to read the Bible before trusting all of my life to Jesus and didn't understand a thing. After accepting His Lordship, it all started to unfold. The best way I can explain it is its a language that comes natural when you are born of that Kingdom. Its a foreign language if you are not of that Kingdom.

omega2xx

This is so true. I had tried to read the Bible before trusting all of my life to Jesus and didn't understand a thing. After accepting His Lordship, it all started to unfold. The best way I can explain it is its a language that comes natural when you are born of that Kingdom. Its a foreign language if you are not of that Kingdom.

Also when one believes the gospel of their salvation, they are sealed with the Holy Spirit(Eph 1:13) and we know what His ministry is for us.

Kenny

Premium Member
Also when one believes the gospel of their salvation, they are sealed with the Holy Spirit(Eph 1:13) and we know what His ministry is for us.
So true... I love verse 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

I love the word "ernest"... it is actually better translated in Spanish where it "rings" as in "engagement ring". In Jewish understanding, engagements are as binding as a marriage. To think that the Holy Spirit's ministry is just the promise ring of a future "wedding" is literally incredible... especially as one views the message given to us by Him by the institution of marriage.

omega2xx

So true... I love verse 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

I love the word "ernest"... it is actually better translated in Spanish where it "rings" as in "engagement ring". In Jewish understanding, engagements are as binding as a marriage. To think that the Holy Spirit's ministry is just the promise ring of a future "wedding" is literally incredible... especially as one views the message given to us by Him by the institution of marriage.

I like that Spanish version. Hope I can remember it if I teach Ephesian some day.

Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Kenny

Premium Member
I view Creation as a love message from God to us. Marriage is a good example!

Remembering what Adam said when he saw Eve in Gen 1:23 "The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”"

At this point Adam, being completely united with God, had spoken by inspiration.

Was there a message did he understood as he viewed the creation of woman?

Paul understood the message, in Ephesians 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones 30 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church.

We have the same designation of flesh and bones for us being united with Christ. I believe it was God saying to us that He wanted us to be united with Him even as we are united in the picture of marriage. Even the word communion is the same word as intimacy in the uniting of a man and a woman.