• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dawkins and Wendy Wright debate.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
No he wasn't. He kept acting like she had some type of hidden agenda. Dawkins changed to subject a few times and i almost thought he wanted to break down in tears. Did you miss that part? Or maybe that was the start of him having an aneurysm. Hard to tell from the video.
It's called frustration... it happens to best of us when talking to hard core creationists. :rolleyes:

And she does have an agenda... she wants the Bible taught in science classes.

wa:do

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Here is an upcoming debate that should be interesting...

The Does a Good God Exist? debate between William Dembski and Christopher Hitchens is Thursday at Prestonwood Baptist Church, 6801 W. Park Blvd., Plano. The event begins at 8:40 a.m., with the debate lasting from about 9 to 11 a.m. Admission is $5. Live webcast at www.pcawebcast.com .
Famed atheist Christopher Hitchens to debate at Christian school in Plano | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

Gloone

It's called frustration... it happens to best of us when talking to hard core creationists. :rolleyes:

And she does have an agenda... she wants the Bible taught in science classes.

I didn't hear her mention that in the video. What is the difference between Dawkins agenda of promoting evolution even when there is nonfactual information being put in text books and her standing for creationism? Just like when all of the archeologist /scientist discovered the Miacid fossil and everyone flipped there lid thinking it was the missing link evolution had been looking for. ROFL :biglaugh:

Last edited:

tomato1236

Ninja Master
I hate it when people smile while talking when there's nothing to smile about. I hate it even more when they're visibly using the smile to mask the panic their eyes still freely communicate.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I didn't hear her mention that in the video. What is the difference between Dawkins agenda of promoting evolution even when there is nonfactual information being put in text books and her standing for creationism? Just like when all of the archeologist /scientist discovered the Miacid fossil and everyone flipped there lid thinking it was the missing link evolution had been looking for. ROFL :biglaugh:
Sigh... actually she did, under the guise of "teach the controversy" and ID... the new buzzwords for creationism.
Concerned Women for America-
Supports teaching Christian ideas such as creationism and abstinence-only sex education in our schools: "parents must remain vigilant to efforts in the school that, in the name of 'tolerance', promote a sexual behavior that Scriptures and traditional morality regard as deviant." - statement on CWA website, 3/2/2000

Legal Momentum: Concerned Women for America

What "nonfactual information" are you talking about? Surely not Heckles embryos as they haven't been in a text book for several decades. :shrug:

And I assume you are talking about Ida... who is a an Adapiform not a Miacid (vastly different critter) ... but the only people flipping their lid was the press... actual scientists were waiting for the scientific paper to be published. :cool:
Scientists were busy trying to reminding people that the term "missing link" is pointless and silly.:facepalm:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I hate it when people smile while talking when there's nothing to smile about. I hate it even more when they're visibly using the smile to mask the panic their eyes still freely communicate.
worse is the fake "giggle-laugh"... I hate those! :149:

Gloone

Sigh... actually she did, under the guise of "teach the controversy" and ID... the new buzzwords for creationism.

Legal Momentum: Concerned Women for America

What "nonfactual information" are you talking about? Surely not Heckles embryos as they haven't been in a text book for several decades. :shrug:

And I assume you are talking about Ida... who is a an Adapiform not a Miacid (vastly different critter) ... but the only people flipping their lid was the press... actual scientists were waiting for the scientific paper to be published. :cool:
Scientists were busy trying to reminding people that the term "missing link" is pointless and silly.:facepalm:

YEAH! Ida, I knew it was some stupid stink-en critter I just couldn't remember the name of it. Well Dawkins still seems to be obessed with the idea that we are kin to monkeys. Neanderthals were not monkeys, so what type of monkey is he referring to?

Gloone

should we stop working on history?

should we stop working on science?

should we stop working on the origins of mankind??
I don't have problem with any of the above, but where do you draw the line between what is enough or excess and move towards the future instead of walking backwards into the past.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
YEAH! Ida, I knew it was some stupid stink-en critter I just couldn't remember the name of it. Well Dawkins still seems to be obessed with the idea that we are kin to monkeys. Neanderthals were not monkeys, so what type of monkey is he referring to?
Well, Aegyptopithecus zeuxis is an extremely ape-like "monkey" as is the range of species in the genus Pliopithecus. Who are even more ape-like save for a small tail remnant. Saadanius hijazensis, is a very "monkey like" ape.
So you have a pretty good set of transitional forms right there.

Plus, if you want more than fossils there are dozens of genetic studies showing humans are related to the old world monkeys more closely than the new world monkeys.
such as:
F4.medium.gif

Adaptive evolution of cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIII in anthropoid primates — PNAS

not to mention molecular evidence and on and on...