• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating Site For White People Only

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
“It’s our [the site's owner, Sam Russell] right to have this business,” he replied — the “we” presumably referring to white people, generally. “If we want equal rights in this country, it has to be equal rights for everybody.”

“It’s about equal opportunity,” Russell explained. “The last thing in the world I am is racist. I dated a black woman once. I helped raise a young black man … I just believe it’s hypocrisy to say ‘one group can do this, but another can’t.'”

dating2n-1-web.jpg
Russell points to his site’s recent traffic as evidence that others agree: More than 100,000 people visited White People Meet on Sunday, and — as of this writing — 1,033 people have registered to browse the site for free. (Russell would not share how many had actually become paying members.) He insists that the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive thus far; it’s the people criticizing him, he says, who don’t truly understand the true nature of race and racism.

White People Meet site link
Interesting. Any thoughts, like racist perhaps?
Really?! How hard is it in this country to date white people? They're freaking everywhere! Us white folks don't need a site to find people that are white. This is a sign that America is getting more and more mental by the day. It's hilarious!

Draka

Wonder Woman
Really?! How hard is it in this country to date white people? They're freaking everywhere! Us white folks don't need a site to find people that are white. This is a sign that America is getting more and more mental by the day. It's hilarious!
The idea behind dating sites is to help find someone that shares interests, goals, sense of humor, values and so on. Sure, I can meet any number of white people where I live, this is Iowa for goodness sake, but for those who happen to be looking for "that particular person" and don't have the desire or time to serial date an endless list of people that aren't compatible then that is what a dating site is for. Just like a matchmaker. It can be easier to weed out some undesirable aspects online than do so by having a hundred bad dates to meet one or two people that may actually have something about them you really like. So, yeah, there may be white people everywhere, but then, if you don't care about racial features and certain ideas of attractiveness, then you are surrounded by a whole lot more partner candidates than just white yet people still use dating sites that are open racially don't they? If someone doesn't care about race at all in a partner then why join any dating site right? To narrow the field.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The idea behind dating sites is to help find someone that shares interests, goals, sense of humor, values and so on.
Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, mixed race relationships come with baggage and challenges not found in others. Most people, in 21st century USA don't want to deal with that. Relationships are hard enough as it is.

I think black guys are hot, darker is better. There is also, commonly, a sort of attitude/ swagger/je ne sais quoi I like. I've had some seriously fun "dates". But the premise of hooking up with one permanently wasn't ever really in the cards. Marrying a guy was all the challenge I was up for.
Tom

RedDragon94

The idea behind dating sites is to help find someone that shares interests, goals, sense of humor, values and so on. Sure, I can meet any number of white people where I live, this is Iowa for goodness sake, but for those who happen to be looking for "that particular person" and don't have the desire or time to serial date an endless list of people that aren't compatible then that is what a dating site is for. Just like a matchmaker. It can be easier to weed out some undesirable aspects online than do so by having a hundred bad dates to meet one or two people that may actually have something about them you really like. So, yeah, there may be white people everywhere, but then, if you don't care about racial features and certain ideas of attractiveness, then you are surrounded by a whole lot more partner candidates than just white yet people still use dating sites that are open racially don't they? If someone doesn't care about race at all in a partner then why join any dating site right? To narrow the field.
I guess you're right in one way, it just seems really (idk)... superficial to care that much about someone's ethnicity that much when you're with a person. You ought to love that person for who they are not what their ethnicity is. What this site implies is that there's a difference between white people and people of color, and that's the wrong mentality to have. Evolution teaches that we all come from Africa, doesn't it? If that's true then this site is keeping people ignorant to the fact that we are all one race. The whole thing just seems to be a commercialized version of a way to "keep white people white" if you know what I mean. I think we need to be open to being diverse as white people, and I don't think that site helps that cause. Love is blind in the way of ethnicity. If we could get together with people of different ethnicities as white people become more of a minority we could solve the race issue in this country. And we could solve it with sex. :)

Draka

Wonder Woman
I guess you're right in one way, it just seems really (idk)... superficial to care that much about someone's ethnicity that much when you're with a person. You ought to love that person for who they are not what their ethnicity is. What this site implies is that there's a difference between white people and people of color, and that's the wrong mentality to have. Evolution teaches that we all come from Africa, doesn't it? If that's true then this site is keeping people ignorant to the fact that we are all one race. The whole thing just seems to be a commercialized version of a way to "keep white people white" if you know what I mean. I think we need to be open to being diverse as white people, and I don't think that site helps that cause. Love is blind in the way of ethnicity. If we could get together with people of different ethnicities as white people become more of a minority we could solve the race issue in this country. And we could solve it with sex. :)
The point was made earlier that there are already dating sites for black people, Asian people and more. As I said before, though many of us may not have such attractiveness requirements that have to do with race in our own preferences, some people do. whether we personally agree with that or not it doesn't really matter. Each person has their own preferences, "types", things they find physically attractive. For some physical attractiveness is just as important as mental and emotional, for some it isn't. Humans are a varied bunch in what we think, like, love, are attracted to, and so on. We may not understand why certain people like the things they do, but pretty sure they don't understand us either.

RedDragon94

The point was made earlier that there are already dating sites for black people, Asian people and more. As I said before, though many of us may not have such attractiveness requirements that have to do with race in our own preferences, some people do. whether we personally agree with that or not it doesn't really matter. Each person has their own preferences, "types", things they find physically attractive. For some physical attractiveness is just as important as mental and emotional, for some it isn't. Humans are a varied bunch in what we think, like, love, are attracted to, and so on. We may not understand why certain people like the things they do, but pretty sure they don't understand us either.
So we shouldn't even try to understand each other?

Draka

Wonder Woman
So we shouldn't even try to understand each other?
We understand each other as best we can, but in the realms of love, attraction, and partnership, those things are quite personal and are usually hard for even ourselves to explain or fully understand. Trying to make it understandable to someone else is nearly impossible. I know I can't put into words why I find a particular muscular build more attractive than another, or a skin tone perhaps prettier than another, or a voice "sexy", or dark hair preferable to blonde and so on. How does one put such things into words to explain for understanding when we may not even understand, ourselves, why we are attracted to what we are? Could you explain the exact reasonings why you are attracted to certain features over others? Why you find one particular person more physically attractive than another? Is there logic or reason behind such things? Not really. Just...feelings. And feelings are more than difficult to explain.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
What this site implies is that there's a difference between white people and people of color, and that's the wrong mentality to have.
I think you are mistaking what's going on here. You are adding things that nobody said.
Some dude is trying to start a business in a crowded field. There's about a million online dating sites. He is hoping that appealing to an underserved niche will be profitable. He must know that the niche is small, since lots of internet "daters" are too politically correct to pay for a white only service.
The difference between restricting an internet site like this and racism is the huge availability of other sites. Every internet site has the same degree of availability, which is not true of lunch counters and such.
Tom

RedDragon94

We understand each other as best we can, but in the realms of love, attraction, and partnership, those things are quite personal and are usually hard for even ourselves to explain or fully understand. Trying to make it understandable to someone else is nearly impossible. I know I can't put into words why I find a particular muscular build more attractive than another, or a skin tone perhaps prettier than another, or a voice "sexy", or dark hair preferable to blonde and so on. How does one put such things into words to explain for understanding when we may not even understand, ourselves, why we are attracted to what we are? Could you explain the exact reasonings why you are attracted to certain features over others? Why you find one particular person more physically attractive than another? Is there logic or reason behind such things? Not really. Just...feelings. And feelings are more than difficult to explain.
No, you know what you're right. It just seems that people who are white think that their spouse should be white because they assume that because that person is white they have more in common with that person than another person. And that is what I call racist dating. Attraction is important, but it isn't the only thing.

Draka

Wonder Woman
No, you know what you're right. It just seems that people who are white think that their spouse should be white because they assume that because that person is white they have more in common with that person than another person. And that is what I call racist dating. Attraction is important, but it isn't the only thing.
It isn't the only thing, right, but it is a factor, and like it or not, to some that factor is more restrictive than for others. Why? Who knows? Not even sure they know. Because simply, we don't even know why we find the things attractive that we find attractive. We be weird like that. ;)

Wirey

Fartist
It isn't the only thing, right, but it is a factor, and like it or not, to some that factor is more restrictive than for others. Why? Who knows? Not even sure they know. Because simply, we don't even know why we find the things attractive that we find attractive. We be weird like that. ;)

How interesting. How you doin'?

Akivah

racism is emotional. so you cannot seperate "attraction" from many of the cultural norms of society. Much as we have standards of beauty, and that change a great deal, so racist conceptions and sterotype can play a role in defining what we consider to be attractive in a person.

So? People have lots of physical considerations for what they consider attractive. How is this a problem?

Akivah

You define "Racist dating" as someone looking for someone that they share the most commonalities with?

Should we ban "SBF seeking SBM"?

RedDragon94

You define "Racist dating" as someone looking for someone that they share the most commonalities with?

As a white person I think it's racist to say I will only date white people. That is racist dating. That is what that site is about. I realize Judaism teaches that Jews shouldn't marry non Jews but think of the story of Ruth and Boaz. She was a gentile. According to that story why should Boaz even consider her as a candidate?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

How do you make the leap from "this is racist" to "let's ban it"?

You can dislike a thing without trying to destroy it, and even if your aim is to get rid of it, there are ways you can do this besides passing a law against it.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
“It’s our [the site's owner, Sam Russell] right to have this business,” he replied — the “we” presumably referring to white people, generally. “If we want equal rights in this country, it has to be equal rights for everybody.”

“It’s about equal opportunity,” Russell explained. “The last thing in the world I am is racist. I dated a black woman once. I helped raise a young black man … I just believe it’s hypocrisy to say ‘one group can do this, but another can’t.'”

dating2n-1-web.jpg
Russell points to his site’s recent traffic as evidence that others agree: More than 100,000 people visited White People Meet on Sunday, and — as of this writing — 1,033 people have registered to browse the site for free. (Russell would not share how many had actually become paying members.) He insists that the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive thus far; it’s the people criticizing him, he says, who don’t truly understand the true nature of race and racism.

Wow! So people can have an opinion now then? What's changed?

leibowde84

Veteran Member

dating2n-1-web.jpg

If sites like "JDate" and "muslima" exist without issue, I fail to see why this shouldn't. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot clown pole, but I don't think there should be any legal push-back. Let the free-market do its job.