• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating Site For White People Only

Skwim

Veteran Member
“It’s our [the site's owner, Sam Russell] right to have this business,” he replied — the “we” presumably referring to white people, generally. “If we want equal rights in this country, it has to be equal rights for everybody.”

“It’s about equal opportunity,” Russell explained. “The last thing in the world I am is racist. I dated a black woman once. I helped raise a young black man … I just believe it’s hypocrisy to say ‘one group can do this, but another can’t.'”

dating2n-1-web.jpg

Russell points to his site’s recent traffic as evidence that others agree: More than 100,000 people visited White People Meet on Sunday, and — as of this writing — 1,033 people have registered to browse the site for free. (Russell would not share how many had actually become paying members.) He insists that the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive thus far; it’s the people criticizing him, he says, who don’t truly understand the true nature of race and racism.

White People Meet site link

Interesting. Any thoughts, like racist perhaps?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
If a white person chooses only to date other white people, what business it it of anyone else? I have no problem with it. I'd support a black version of the site too.
I would be surprised if this doesn't already exist. They already have specialty dating sites for other demographics so why not? Although, the OP website is a bit outrageous since many traditional dating websites already have a plethora of white users.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Does the site actually say only White people can apply? How White do you have to be? Obama's mom is White.

How would an online site enforce race authentication, anyway?

Do members have to prove they're white?

Sounds lame. I doubt I'd want to date a person who would join this site.

Akivah

There are already dating websites catering to: black skinned people, indians, asians, arabs, country folk, gay men, gay women, etc. Why is having one for people with white skin so wrong? And I fail to see how people that frequent these specific sites are automatically racists.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Do people reall select dates on the basis of colour.

Some people of all races seem attractive to me, and some very unattractive. But this is a personal perception.
other people would choose differently.

To set up a site for whites only seems very restrictive, especially as so many "whites" are mixed race if you look at their background.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I just noticed that the ad at the top of this page is, for me, a bunch of attractive mostly young white males. Which is a first for me; usually it's an assortment of attractive women more appropriate to my age category.:p

I may have to upgrade my account....

David1967

Premium Member
I don't care. There are Christian dating sites, Muslim dating sites, Asian dating sites, Black dating sites,, Why should this be a problem?

ThirtyThree

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism

1.A belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

That website is not racist by this definition. However, I am certain many will call it such.

David1967

Premium Member
I have no problems with it. It does not mean you dislike other races and I'd have no problem joining if I was in the dating market. I think white people are too afraid of the overused and misused 'R' word.

I think a person should be able to have a preference for who they date no matter race or body type or hair color ,or whatever and not be made to feel bad about it. I think there are absolutely beautiful women from every race. I always just felt fortunate when any pretty lady wanted to go out with me.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Isn't there a site black people only or something

Scott C.

Just one guy
Interesting. Any thoughts, like racist perhaps?

Dating sites, as far as I've seen, allow you to specify your race. You can search by that field I believe. I don't see the need for a white only or black only site. It's not necessarily racist to only date within your race. But if you're motivated by a sense of superiority, of any race, that is racist.

If you join a white only dating site, you're saying "I will only date a white person, and that person must only date white people." That second restriction is questionable to me for any race.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I don't care. There are Christian dating sites, Muslim dating sites, Asian dating sites, Black dating sites,, Why should this be a problem?
I think it's sensitive , If it's about religion I may agree because some religion forbid to marry from others (religions), but color or race,I disagree .

Just curious if they consider me as white man or reject me because I am not white enough to sign up to this website lol :D