• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating ,romance and sexism and men journal

Riders

I've been hearing more about Dating on the Internet and scam websites lately. T It is tough to be lonely And singl Single. I've been going to the cat room so I've been going to the cat room so I've been going to the cat Rooms Lately And they help.
I still miss having men in my mind but I talk to the man in the religious Cat rooms and also the Catholic cat room and they're pretty safe to talk to.I have One Priesti Who Gives me advice sometimes. I do miss Men in my life though.

On a romantic basis I mean. Well right now I'm still over eating but I'm trying to get started back with my walking and maybe next month get back with A food plan. I've been dealing with my restless leg syndrome this week and it's been really bad it kept me up I've Gone without slee

But I got my CVD store to give me another recommendation for some pills that had a stronger sleep aid and them that I then what I got last time and so I'm supposed to have those delivered to me today so we'll see how they Do.

This week Messed up my job and everything. I've been sleeping unless 2 days to get cut up on Sleep.

Hopefully My new C b d Pills will help me out

Riders

I was still too busy sleeping today to get up and walk I might get up late tonight sometime though. I have taken 3 of the cbds so I took too much but it is working so that's good. It puts me right to sleep. No restless leg syndrome.
if I get to walking pretty well I could socialize at one of those singles groups for older folks at meetup.com.

Just to meet some men on a friendship basis might be nice. I need to start going back to my mental health group too

I watched a few episodes of 90-day Fiance here recently. They get together with people they meet from other countries who want to get a green card here, so they have 90 days to marry. Me, I would not want someone who wants to use me for money or a green card.

But some of these people have different cultural ideas too, men from other countries sometimes want women to clean and cook and wash their clothes. These are things I can't do.

3 or 4 years ago I was talking to a Hare Krishna who was also a Hindu from India believe it or not. I was putting together a book club on meetup.com and only 1 man said he was coming to the first meeting. I guess I can see now where that would be weird for someone who is dating me, but I was not going to go so I could go on a date. I was trying to put together the book club.

But when he found out he was pissed and bit my head off and told me if I wanted a book club I would have to have it with him. I and my sister didn't like the way he bit my head off. Truthfully, even if that had not happened I have a feeling he would want me to clean and cook and wash his clothes for him anyways. It would not have worked out if he would want a lady to be submissive to him.

I would not survive dating a guy from another culture forget it

Riders

Well, I walked around a bit more today I am going to try and walk some tonight. It helps get the soreness and gout out of my legs, so they won't stay still. My sister usually comes about 9:00 or 930 pm. She fixes my meds and pours out the cat litter for the cat. I think Cali is under the couch right now. Sometimes she sleeps with me. I need to meditate and pray tonight. I listen to the big book on youtube too.

Riders

Ok, so I just saw a video about The Krishnas not being a cult. In order to be considered an initiate in the group you have to get up at 6 am and do 60 rounds or 2 hours of chanting the Hare Krishna chant. Well, that leaves me out.

Riders

I was still too busy sleeping today to get up and walk I might get up late tonight sometime though. I have taken 3 of the cbds so I took too much but it is working so that's good. It puts me right to sleep. No restless leg syndrome.
if I get to walking pretty well I could socialize at one of those singles groups for older folks at meetup.com.

Just to meet some men on a friendship basis might be nice. I need to start going back to my mental health group too

I watched a few episodes of 90-day Fiance here recently. They get together with people they meet from other countries who want to get a green card here, so they have 90 days to marry. Me, I would not want someone who wants to use me for money or a green card.

But some of these people have different cultural ideas too, men from other countries sometimes want women to clean and cook and wash their clothes. These are things I can't do.

3 or 4 years ago I was talking to a Hare Krishna who was also a Hindu from India believe it or not. I was putting together a book club on meetup.com and only 1 man said he was coming to the first meeting. I guess I can see now where that would be weird for someone who is dating me, but I was not going to go so I could go on a date. I was trying to put together the book club.

But when he found out he was pissed and bit my head off and told me if I wanted a book club I would have to have it with him. I and my sister didn't like the way he bit my head off. Truthfully, even if that had not happened I have a feeling he would want me to clean and cook and wash his clothes for him anyways. It would not have worked out if he would want a lady to be submissive to him.

I would not survive dating a guy from another culture forget it

Riders

I've been hearing more about Dating on the Internet and scam websites lately. T It is tough to be lonely And singl Single. I've been going to the cat room so I've been going to the cat room so I've been going to the cat Rooms Lately And they help.
I still miss having men in my mind but I talk to the man in the religious Cat rooms and also the Catholic cat room and they're pretty safe to talk to.I have One Priesti Who Gives me advice sometimes. I do miss Men in my life though.

On a romantic basis I mean. Well right now I'm still over eating but I'm trying to get started back with my walking and maybe next month get back with A food plan. I've been dealing with my restless leg syndrome this week and it's been really bad it kept me up I've Gone without slee

But I got my CVD store to give me another recommendation for some pills that had a stronger sleep aid and them that I then what I got last time and so I'm supposed to have those delivered to me today so we'll see how they Do.

This week Messed up my job and everything. I've been sleeping unless 2 days to get cut up on Sleep.

Hopefully My new C b d Pills will help me out
I am sorry about all the misspelled words here. I meant it is tough to be single and alone.I have been going to chat tooms religious chat and Catholic chat it's all good.I stayed on my food plan today.

Riders

Well, my brother-in-law, Jose is from Mexico, some of his family are Catholic but he is not. He and my sister go to a community church. I think my brother-in-law had bad experiences with the Catholic church in Mexico which do not surprise me. His parents and maybe 1 one or 2 of his brothers and sisters are still Catholic.

I would not be swayed either way away from the church or towards Catholicism. But I saw a nice-looking Orthodox church in my town, pictures of it, I still might go to my old Lutheran church which is nice. I have not ade up my mind. i want to get out and walk tomorrow.

Riders

I didn't walk a whole lot today but I did stay on my food plan. I rested, took a couple of extra cbds, and slept most of the day. I only drank coke today. So not very many calories and this is my 3rd day on the food plan so I hope I am losing some weight finally.

Well, it would still be nice to have some romance, but I have been looking at craigslist ads in the community
again. Sometimes they request activity partners and sometimes look for friendship, so if an older man is there I might respond to his ad. Sometimes they look for chat buddies too, I might respond to a chat buddy ad. I will go to my chat rooms tonight if I am lonely.

If I found a friendship in a religious chat or Catholic chat it might be nice.

Riders

So back On the topic of Being involved with somebody from another c Culture , My brother-in-law's parents who come from Mexico had been wanting to get their son married off.

He's 60 years old now. About 7 or 8 years ago they wanted to see if they could hook me up with them

, My sister told me about all the drinking problems he was having and I remember him having a bunch of behavior problems when I was younger so hes not somebody that I would be interested in..

Riders

But anyways 7 or 8 years ago They were trying to set me up with him. My sister told me that he really just wanted to meet a teenage girl who would accept him and his alcoholism would date him.

His parents said oh he's shy He has had women who had asked him to marry him before. So he's used to being treated a certain way. They said that I should ask him out for a date and that I should approach him but he really just didn't want to date me.

To me it's another example of parents trying to get their child out of trouble he was making so much trouble just like he is now but the alcohol has been drinking too much. He's 60 years old. They just wanted to get him married off so that he would get his problems solved by getting married.

I'm glad I never dated him. HIS drinking is out of control. he has brain damage from it now. they tried to get him into a psych ward where he could detox but he won't go.

I've been watching 90 Day Fiance again. There's a woman who moved to Egypt and became Muslim for her husband. She said all she had to do to convert is to say I believe in the one God and that Muhammad is his prophet. But now she's worried he will start expecting more from her, They have to pray 5 times a day she may have to have her head covered.

There's no way I would want to convert to a religion i don't know much about for a man. It's not worth it.

Last edited:

Riders

So anyway I've been watching 90 day fiance the other way Season 4. There's a guy named Mamood who is Muslim His name is Mamood . Anyhow he lives in Egypt and they were married and divorced before and she's moving back to Egypt and she just became

Muslim for him. But There's been too much arguing over the clothes what clothes she should wear. Whether or not she should cover her head. And he has problems with her giving hugs to male friends or socializing With men who are not in her mediate family.

Since I was in Pentecostal churches with strict dress codes for women I understand the cultural part. When I was in the Pentecostal church shows a lot of women who believe women should only pray over women.

And so that's what we did with prayer for each other, we prayed over each other and just had friendship with women.
But sometimes it was disfunctional because the man wanted To be submissive to all the men in the church regardless of whether you were married to or not. Where does the scripture that talks about being submissive to all church men?

And The Bible is referring to the husband not the church. So there were still some problems and some mixups with men and women.
Men sometimes inappropriately prayed over women anyways and so it didn't always work.

But I understand the social Issues.
I think sometimes it can be safest and most appropriate for women to socialize only with other women in groups But it depends on what the situation is.

In Alcoholics Anonymous, there are a lot of problems with the sexes. There's inappropriate sexual behavior. There are people having affairs with married people
My Mom and me, did like telling dirty jokes and flirting with a man when we went. But I also think that she was aware that she would be better off with women only because She only sponsored women.

And she went to women's meetings a lot. I think that she understood it was better off for women to be with women too and for men to be with men even though that was a temptation for her.
And sex addicts anonymous group for people who have sexual issues it's better if women are only friends with women there too.

That's one reason why quit I didn't feel safe when I was going to mixed meetings over the telephone.

I know sometimes we used to have disruptors on the phone meeting, people who would interrupt a meeting on the telephone because on the telephone meetings, you have to be able to hear everybody and sometimes we're all talking at once you know.

And sometimes disruptors would come on and get in the middle of it and start talking nasty and dirty because they thought it was funny to do that at SAA meetings. The moderator of the meeting can stop by kicking them out of the meeting.

1 time 1 of them started making sexual comments about my voice and talking to the other guys up there and then came on to me in front of everybody. It was really embarrassing and shocking and they shut him up, they were able to get him off the telephone and block him.

They apologized to me and the moderator did a good job of getting him off the telephone. But I realized after that that it just wasn't safe to go to mixed meetings. You know women are better taking care of women and men are better taking care of the man, especially in addiction treatment groups.

On the other hand, she feels like he's being extreme and she may be right because as I said I can see how these churches in these groups get out of hand about stuff. So since I'm not in Egypt I'm not gonna make a judgment about her situation but I do understand the cultural differences I really do. Sometimes I think it's appropriate to take that attitude and sometimes I don't think it is at all, she seems to be fed up with it. I would not ever where a Jeead on my head forget it.

Last edited:

Riders

This would be a good topic, I might put it up somewhere, dating a person from a different culture and religion.

Riders

Well I'm watched The exorcism of Emily rose today. It's pretty good. It makes me think about the Catholic Church differently because I know that they've had a reputation for Performing exercisms.

But I have a lot of darkness left for my childhood.
And I think sometimes if I were going to mass and praying a but and meditating that the darkness goes away after a while.
Of course I don't believe it's possession but I do think there's some darkness left over from my childhood.

Catholic mass makes me feel peaceful.
Hopefully I'll be able to get out of this apartment this hearing goes sometime.

Riders

Look like I am lucky! I weighed for the first time in 3 or 4 weeks. I lost down from 302 to 300! It's only 2 pounds but considering I was binging on fast food the first 2 weeks of this month I didn't know if I would have a gain or loss. So I am happy with my 2 pounds. For the past 10 days to 2 weeks, I have been eating subway sandwiches and chicken salad from Kroger, and steak dinner with a baked potato instead of a fast food order.

Riders

I have a bad bad sore throat and ear ake. I have to make an appointment with Primacre to do a home-based appointment and get some antibiotics. I won't be able to take a walk outside with my physical therapist till next week.
I have had a lot of leg pain so Im gonna try and walk it out this week. I plan on getting into my 12-step program this week and I have a new food plan I am trying out ill talk more later

Riders

Well I have not walked outside yet but I'm planning on it Wednesday. I am nervous because there's a slanted piece of metal met my brother-in-law put right below my door. I hope it doesn't mess me up. In the meantime I have been over eating too much the last 2 days but I plan on being on my food plan tomorrow. And I have been drowning myself out in Catholic Culture Catholic films free Catholic movies on YouTube. It's a good escape. But I feel like it's capability God is better than escaping some other ways.

Riders

Well I've got bad News. My doctor called today with results back from my x-rays on my knees. He says my needs have weakened a great deal and there's a word for it that he called it but I can't remember because he speaks a different language.
But my knees are really bad. So I've got to start using weight loss and physical therapy to help me start getting back to better knees. But hes also gonna send me some pain relievers.

And if they don't get better next year or 2 I may have to go getting MRI and they may end up doing surgery on my knees. I'm hoping right now I can correct it reverse it with weight loss and physical therapy

. I get rid of my sweet Soft drinks tonight. No more sweets or white bread I'm supposed to wheat bread with flour star and corn mill it's OK. I have to start a whole new light with my food I've got to start raising weight my knees are killing me. It says it's possible that could be triggering my Restless legs too so. Okay.

Riders

I want to start using the Internet to get into the whitewatcher's website next month and start working the light watchers program.

I wanna start losing weight weighing myself quite a bit and it's just expecting my weight loss.

They let me know that needed to get another MRI done on my right need today.
I'm gonna have to call and get the name of the company that comes out to people's houses for people who are house bound.

I know NAA and over eaters anonymous any of the 12 steps groups they say When you get sick and tired then you get sick and tired something about sick and tired.

I am so sick and tired of being obese I needed really get it out And start going out of my house and living I'm gonna start living I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired. Let's sit sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I want to practice my spirituality in a church and maybe possibly at my The Zen Buddhists temple.
I'm ready life here I come.0

Riders

Well I'm feeling a little more update tonight. I went to my mental health meeting on June. We discussed my pain relievers Which is tram a doll. My sister doesn't want me to take it but we'll see it's supposed to be pretty mild.

I also got something for inflammation. I also got some good talking about girl power and meditation so that was pretty nice. We talked about the effects of pain relievers on the memory LT so that was really good too.

Oh I guess that's all I've got for tonight I'll check in tomorrow.