• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating ,romance and sexism and men journal

Riders

At the end of the movie it says a few years after Elvis died, the Kernal was sued for financial abuse of Elvises funds. They settled out of court. I feel sure that guy stole some of Elvis's money.

A lot of performers and musical artists have been taken by shady promoters and managers. I see programs about it on tv and on my stations.

My sister Kathy has perfect pitch and a beautiful voice but I am glad she never tried to perform in that way. She gets paid to sing and play the piano at weddings and church services. She gives piano lessons in her home.

For a while, she worked for the school district playing the piano for Choir class. She has a lot to say about the music business. She did not like the guy who played Elvis in this movie because he doesn't look like him and I agree he did not look like Elvis.

She has had a few young people at church ask her for advice on getting into the Christian music business she always says, do you know how tough it is to get seen today by any manager promoter in Christian music?
Elvis did start in the black Pentecostal church, technically I have read it was an Assembly Of God church,I am sure he learned a lot about music there.

The real thing

This is Dan from Roseanne Show doing Jailhouse Rock I always got a kick out of watching this so I am putting it up too.

Last edited:

Riders

Well, I weighed today. I knew my weight went up and down the past 3 or 4 weeks, not sure long I went without weighing maybe 3 weeks. But I lost only 1 pound. It's bad and good, on the one hand, I would like to lose 10 pounds a month. So it was a lot lower than I would like.
On the other hand with it going up and down I was worried I had put 5 to 7 pounds on so I am relieved that I have not gained. But my goal this month is to stay on my food plan and lose 8 to 10 pounds or more, that would be good.

I want to be walking more and go out in the garage and walk next month hopefully.

Riders

Well, I have not had my mental health medication for a week because my Dr. took his time sending an ok to refill them. I told my sister I was ok without them now.

But in reality, I have not slept much the past couple of days and have been too excited and happy about my job but when I get on a high like that I can slam back down with depression. I hope I don't get on a low.

Well, I start my new job probably Monday. I don't want to be specific about my job but I am setting appointments for a product that is similar to office supplies. We will see if it works. I get to talk to grocery stores, retail chains, dollar stores, clothing stores, daycares churches all sorts of businesses.

My boss said not to call adult entertainment or x-rated places like x-rated book stores. He also says no bars no liquor stores or convenience stores.

I would not have called any adult-rated places anyways, though I would call bars or liquor stores if he wanted to. X-rated places have a lot of money, and most likely use their own businesses they have a contract with only for business supplies.

Well, this is the first job I have that I really like in a while, so wish me luck. I have no idea if it will work for me. i doubt Ill be making enough to get off of welfare, I am only gonna be working a couple of hours a day. I will be happy if I get 50 bucks a week.

I still have my wound, It has not gotten better but the new nurse is starting a new method on me friday so maybe it will work.

Riders

So I watched the woman who had a crush on a country western singer and imagined that he was having a romance with her. She said when she was in the audience he sang straight to her.

The reason she knows he was singing to her is that he looked into her eyes, eye to eye while he sang the whole song. She says she's in love with Kip Moore and Kip is in love with her, and she's divorcing her husband because of it.

That's crazy. But I will tell you this. Celebrities have a trick up their sleeve. They want to make every single fan feel like they are looking them in the eye. There is a trick where they look into the audience in a certain way they can make it seem like they are singing right to you.

I talked to Blockheads (New Kid's On The Block fans) about this. Donnie Wahlberg does it real good making you feel like he's looking at you even though he's looking into the audience.

If you look at their song and watch the video for Summer Time, at the end when they're dancing with the women. Donnie points his finger into the camera and looks straight at it and it looks like he's singing to you, or me.

LOL I thought it was cool when I first saw the way he looks into the camera. But they are just expressing themselves.

Riders

I am too hot! I got a small fan but it doesn't work well so I got another one but my sister has not brought it yet. She wants me to keep the air at 72 but it is too hot.
I am binging right now but may just throw away some of this food it's too many sweets.

Anyways, I thought my boss was scamming me. He asked for my scripts and offered to pay me 25 bucks for them. I sent 2 I wrote, he quit talking to me on the day he said he'd talk to me about the scripts.

I thought he was walking away so I sent him the message he owed me 25 bucks. He got mad sent me a letter saying he
had not really promised me a check and that he had yet to
talk to me about the scripts and rebuttals. So he said he
was firing me.

I sent him 2 rebuttals and reminded him he had walked out on me on the day he said he'd speak to me about the scripts. He sent m the 25 bucks. That's the first paycheck I've had in a couple of years so even though he fired me I am still feeling good just
because I got paid.

I reminded him it was a craigslist job and there are a lot of scams on Craigslist. I got 2 other job offers we will see if any of them work out.

They are sending out a LPN Licensed Practical Nurse once a week to clean my wound because it has not gotten any better. I hope I don't end up in the hospital over this.

Riders

So I got my Emily VAlentine's video from Beverly Hills 90210 to put up. It does not have Andrea Zuckerman explaining her borderline personality though and psycho obsession with Brandon.

She says Emily has moved from high school to high school, she's probably looking for security or something or someone more stable to hang onto, and Brandon says me?

Yes, I love this line because I feel like it describes me when I use to be obsessed with men, I didn't go psycho like Emily but yea, I understand the concept.
If I'd just fall in love I could finally have a stable home to go to and a husband at home, a nice home life with a picket fence and
a dog.

It is a way of feeling more normal stable, and my bipolar responses seem more normal way of life. A man is not the answer God is, or a higher power, I need to get closer to my higher power. There should be more love addiction groups too.

Emily and Brandon stoned together before and why he broke up with her,she drugged him

Last edited:

Riders

Well, I was off my food plan today. I love Taco Bell. I am watching Intervention, the show about intervening on drug addicts or alcoholics.

Personally, I was given the advice from another love addict to use AA meetings for sobriety. I miss my Mom's AA meetings I really do, and I miss her friends.

I told my sister though that FG Alanon has mostly women which it does she said if I wanted to go after I start leaving the house she would take me. I would hope to see some of my Mom's friends there.

I belong in Alanon anyways, if you have a family member dead or alive you belong and I do I have my Mom and my Uncle. i also have an ex boyfriend, I tend to be attracted romantically to alcoholics so. I use to binge drink with Robert during the weekends but after I quit seeing him I just quit drinking on my own.

But I drink with Robert on the weekends, and many times we almost had a wreck or he'd have to call 911 for diabetic sugar being too high.

Riders

Before you speculate on me being sober, no I am not an alcoholic, my last drink was 8 years ago. I do not drink ever. It causes my blood sugar to be really high and I gain a bunch of weight from it, so alcohol is off limits to me as a diabetic. I think of my junk food and sweet foods, as alcoholic foods though because the sugar levels are similar to alcohol.

Riders

Well anyways, I am watching a new Polygamy reality show but I think it came out 3 or 4 years ago and is over now. My 5 wives, but I like it better than Sister Wives which is getting old now. I don't know how long My 5 Wives was on but it's like a Universal version of Sister Wives.
They use to be FLDS folks but quit the FLDS and now they say they just believe in love and family. Their prayers are like Universalists.

It's interesting but I'll probably get bored with it after a while too.
I am a 55-year-old single but would never think about Polygamy so no not even Universal Polygamy would be of interest. I am not available as a single due to obesity issues, I need to take c
care of myself first.
However, if I were living in a big family with children and several other women is not my thing never would be.

But I will fight for the right of others who want to. I realize one man and several women are considered sexist, and some even think of the women as slaves, however, if the women are choosing it I think they have the right to choose whatever life they want.

Last edited:

Riders

So officially I saw a video about the Hare Krishna group and they have a FOLK group Friends Of Lord Krishna group. They say some are members of this and some are on a less level than others depending on how they use the religion in their life.

I use some of the chants and pray to Lord Krishna in my prayers and I watch some of the videos, especially one or 2 that are on George Harrison's life.

I like his My Sweet Lord and Give Me Love songs for praying to.

So yea you could count me in as a FOLK member, I am also into Zen, but I am a very lite laid back member. If I go to Kalachandji's Temple which I mentioned to my sister, she would freak out.

So I'd say off hand there's no chance of me becoming a Hare Krishna, I can't even get out to go to the temple. and when I get to where I can my sister will stop it so.

I might try and find an online group in the future but I am happy with my videos and prayers at home and I can also pick up the literature for free online.

I am again taking the advice that I give to My 600 Pound Life people, I am on my food plan but for this weekend, I got already cooked grilled chicken breast, cheddar cheese slices, already prepared hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, and that's it for this weekend. But I will make the chicken into a sandwich and use hard-boiled eggs for breakfast with yogurt it'll be good.

Riders

Anyways yea so sexual promiscuity is a part of my past and now I am disgusted by it. So I like the fact that Hare Krishnas teach sexual morality, and believe in no recreational sex or sex outside of marriage.

But I can not go by their doctrines on diet etc.........vegetarianism all that. Probably there is a lot they do in everyday prayers and rituals I would not do.

I certainly could not even go to the temple. Kalachandjis was very nice to me and I think about them sometimes. Maybe I can buy some books from them or support the restaurant by ordering delivery sometimes, that would be good.

But i am enjoying my videos and I like the chant and the prayers.

Riders

I'm sorry if I am coming off religious. Sometimes when I have panic attacks I do become more prayerful and watch religious videos. I get scared of the world.

I fear political groups taking the world over, I fear the evil part of the world. I watched a true-to-life movie about a teen girl who got rescued from sex trafficking.

Sex trafficking scares me I know there are children in our world being trafficked as sex slaves.

I fear the rich men in charge of the spreading of fast food chains.

I fear the big rich business guys in charge of our politics. Sometimes I just overdose on watching My 600 Pound Life and realize obesity is killing many of us off, possibly me.

Sometimes I listen to Hare Krishna music but there are times I use Christian music too. Here is a video of a Christian hard
rock band popular back in the maybes, they might be still touring I don't know if they're too old
or not.

Riders

So I went without sleep last night but finally got about 3 hours this morning. I stayed up with my restless leg syndrome again. So the Hare Krishnas, what do I know about the group?

About 15 to 10 years ago I went to Kaladchandji's 3 times. I got the free meal they offer Sunday nights. at that time they were serving vegetarian chili over jasmine rice. It was delicious.

I got a plate for my parents with a bunch of Indian vegetables on it, she loves vegetables, and she gobbled it up, loved it. I like their food.

However, I can not eat vegetarian because of my wound I have to eat high protein, if I go vegetarian I'll end up in the hospital with an infection.

One of the teachers got onto me about eating vegetarian up there because of my obesity. I got the feeling they did not approve of my non-vegetarian food plan. So I think the lifestyle is too strict for me. But I can not get out to the temple right now anyways.

But even when I get out and start going to church, I still won't go. The lifestyle is too strict and my sister would not want me to go, I live under her roof so I go by her rules.

As far as their other rules, no gambling or drinking or doing drugs, no illicit sex, I don't smoke, or drink or do drugs or gamble, or have illicit sex. So I am good with all those.

Kalachandjis has great food though, I love the temple, it's beautiful. They were super sweet to me and when I went up their stairs they helped me up because of my obesity and they went to get a plate for me. They are very sweet. I mean Hare krishnas are sweet people, but the lifestyle is too strict because of my diet.

I also don't know a lot of things about the Gods and Goddesses they pray to or, their system, of prayer, I know they chant but their whole God system and tenets of belief I don't have knowledge on. So I don't really have much knowledge about the Hare Krishnas. But I can chant and read my free Bhagavadgita online for free and pray. So I don't know much about it. But I really like watching videos on it.

Anyways my method gives me peace for myself, so I don't worry about what others think of me.

Riders

Ok so I walked 2 minutes today. The other job didn't work out but it looks like I got one.I plan on walking 5 minutes and in the garage in a couple of weeks I am weighing again tomorrow. I had 3 Cokes worth 450 calories and a can of pork and beans and 2 weiners worth 600 calories and grilled chicken breast sandwich meat with a slice of cheese 180 it's about 1300 calories but I did drink too much coke but it's less then what I use to drink.

Riders

Well, I weighed. it's only been a week and a half since I weighed last time. I maintained at 296. I guess that's better than gaining. With the binging I did last week I should be glad I didn't gain I guess.

I got all premade foods except for dinner, I got catfish nuggets so I will get my home health aid to fry them with cooking spray. It's a pain to cook, next week I'll get precooked stuff. This week I have salsa and whole wheat tortillas to put in like fish tacos.

Im gonna have to get on the ball and drop some weight this week.

Riders

Well, I am watching stalker movies tonight. I got Fatal Attraction on now. I am going to wait to do my OA program. Sometimes I get tired and don't want to use my tools. OA tools are going to meetings, writing, reading literature, sometimes I read the Bhagavad Gita and counting it, calling people, praying meditating, staying on a food plan, and doing an action plan.

I do telephone meetings. I am taking part of the night off. I am about to eat Gengas Grill food, I am staying on my food plan today.
I did have 2 cokes, planning to get it down to 1 tomorrow. That's all I have had today.

Genghis Grill has lots of healthy options. They have bowls where you select your meats, spices, sauce, and a side which can be rice, brown rice, noodles, or tortillas. I got steak, chicken, and shrimp all low-fat meats of theirs, and brown rice with teriyaki which is yummy! I got onions too, I should have gotten some mushrooms too. I like ordering in, can't wait.

Riders

So I had asthmatic attacks the past 3 nights. I was exhausted. I am going to work on my program as much as I can tonight. I was off my food plan the past 3 days.

I am on it today yay. I am and have had only one can of coke today. Got my Crystal light and I am having only 1200 calories today including a Subway sandwich. Next week I am going to get 2 boxes of Krogers baked chicken.

My home health aide is supposed to be able to do meal prep for me and she's not doing her job. She has cooked in the past she can do some stuff. She has cooked catfish for me before.

I asked her to and she said what should I use for oil? I said I have some cooking spray, it's in my pantry, she looked and said no it's not here. I located it not long ago it is in there.

She said I will bring my own oil and pan and I will deep fry it for you and make it so good for you. I honestly wonder if she doesn't want me to stay fat sometimes so she can keep her job with me.

Anyways, I bought several Subway sandwiches this week and fixed them. I will have to throw away my catfish, it's money down the drain.

Anyways I guess I will buy only stuff pre-cooked from now
the sense I can not depend on my home health aid to do meal
prep.

Riders

I got a job but turned it down. They sent me leads through my email and I had to use Microsoft word or google sheets to open them and work with it to use color coding. I use to know how but not now. i just don't have the computer skills.

Also, a lot of telemarketing at-home jobs require a good strong computer with really high-speed internet and or headset. I just don't have it.

I did take a job posting stuff on social media and using email marketing to sell this service. But it may not work out either, I don't know that I can sell like this. I may have to put off working for a while.

There are some people who would not like it in Over Eaters Anonymous if they knew that I pray to Lord Krishna.
Some are Christians who are very traditional and don't the program's way of accepting different religions in, just like
they don't all accept atheists.

But I will support Atheists in OA and any kind of religion.
I just choose to ignore people like that as should Atheists.

Riders

I think we who are addicted have a way of feeling like I have gone home when I am overeating, or when I was being sexual with men.

A part of me wanted to go back home, like have a spiritual home and a place in life. Somehow I tried to make my addictions made me not face that, or made me feel like I could go home being in my addictions.

When I was a teen I had pizza parties with my friends. So I like to order pizza, it makes me feel like I am in my teens again.

We all want to go home. I think today I can go home, pray and meditate and my religious interests, including Hare Krishna and other religions like Zen, are all places that let me

go home spiritually.

But sometimes along the way, we get confused and don't know what we want, and finding a place in the world as an addict gets hard.

I have watched the true-life movie Beautiful Boy and even watched the real true father and son in real life that the movie was about. The son started taking drugs in his early teens and became a drug addict, I think he got sober about 10 years ago.

Anyways, yea he wrote a book about it, both he and his father are good writers. He got into 6 colleges. He was a good student. When he went into treatment he decided he was going to a halfway house after treatment and to get a job.

He went back out and got sober again and started working as a staff member as a drug and alcohol specialist in a treatment
center.

All of a sudden he decided he didn't want to do that he

decided he wanted to go to college. I think it was after he went into the treatment center the first time.

Then he got a girlfriend at college and it was like he was at home again. I think facing having a relationship and growing up scared him and he went back out. Then after college when he was working in a treatment center he decided he wanted to write again.

He eventually got sober and has written about drug addiction which is great! I just think sometimes as addicts we look for a way to go home, we need our spiritual life.

It's kind of like he didn't know what he wanted to do for a few years and switched jobs and careers a lot because he was looking for his place in the world and a way to find that peace. We all want to go home.

Last edited:

Riders

Well, I lost 3 pounds this past week down to 293. In 9 months I have lost 37 pounds so I am averaging 4 pounds a month. i want to lose more weight this month.

They say in OA it's not about diet or weight loss it's a spiritual program. Spirituality is supposed to help you get healthy. It has helped me however, I came to OA because of my addiction to food. If I were not obese I would not be in OA, I didn't go to OA to find a church.

However, I do understand, that it's better to lean on God and OA folks to help me than to be alone dieting. Spirituality does work. But I have run into a few folks who claim to be abstinent and have no weight loss. Either they came in at their normal weight and were overeating, or they have not lost weight.

I don't think it's right to not try and get to a healthy weight and claim to be abstinent but it's their program, not mine.

I walked 3 minutes yesterday. When I get to 5 minutes in the next week or so I will go out walking in the garage. After that in October, I will walk to my sister's house.

So I had nightmares being asleep today. So I watched the last episode in season 4 of Buffy. Here's Buffy fighting Adam.

Last edited: