• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating only others in my religion

Riders

I do have a bad habit when talking to strangers and it is in part my mental health issues sometimes exhaustion and many times my sex addiction.

Quite a few times I have been talking to someone at well quite a few maybe an exaggeration because more times then not the guy I'm talking to is looking for a hookup married or a scam artist I just get rid of them.

But some seemingly nice a few not a lot have managed to talk to me longer a week at longest and I thought we were going out for a date they disappeared. Sometimes it was that they found someone else but some of it was me.

With my mental health issues and sex addiction sometimes inappropriate things come out of my mouth. I had fairly nice guy except he did have one nasty thing at the beginning of the conversation and I think he was drinking but he was somewhat nicer then the other guys I had talked to i was gonna give him a chance.

We had been talking about stuff we were doing at the time you know oh I was watching wheel of fortune what are you doing?

Anyways I was at the drs office he asked me how I was and I had to admit i ended up in ems ( I was sick other stuff too he may have been fed up with me being sick as well)and I had a blatter infection yes i told him. Thats not a thing I should be telling someone I'm about to go out with. I mean may have been fed up with me being sick but was probably grossed out by my telling him about my blattor infection,

ANyways some of that was because i was tired sometimes my sex addict just jumps out.

But its very different when I
m talking to church men. I met a guy who does a video channel on youtube which I wont reveal who goes to my church. I met him through a singles group on social media for us out church.

He has a small following walks everywhere 50 and very fit way out of my league.

Hes running for one of the 2020 offices, his following is so small he knows he wont be voted in so Im keeping his name off here. He does the radio show for free.

Hes a really nice guy. We met and we've talking for two and a half weeks. But he has a girlfriend who is stuck in another country he doesn't know if he can get her back,

But we agreed we are only having platonic chat and we've talked a lot on the past 2 and a half weeks. We talk healthy eating lifestyle the UU church politics religion etcs.
I have not messed up once with him. I don't chase him if he stopped talking to me today I'm wonderful wev'e had a nice time. I hope we can keep talking.

But see I
I've talked to him hes way out of my league and we've talked for 2 and half weeks straight and I've not said anything inappropriate.I don't chase and obsess over men much these days anyways.

But its like if I'm in a religious spiritual setting I act appropriately and respectful maybe its just because that's my thing. Sometimes I wonder if its because I was brainwashed from my old cult but I don't think so its like this is my thing spirituality so it works out better.

But I think also when you meet someone in church or religious group and your both on the same wave length its easier to find nice people as well, really only once have I ran into a scam artists at my old UU church.

But mostly I have not had too many issues with men at church. It just works out best as a place to meet men.

This is why I'm thinking if I do date someone it would be good to find someone