• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dates and Sonic?

Riders

I have been thinking since I have been writing this guy in my email, maybe it wouldn't be dangerous for us to go to Sonic if I sat in the back seat; No touching, sitting apart from each other maybe it would be ok. But he may think its too dangerous.

Is it too dangerous? I know Garland cops are stopping people in the streets, to check why they are out. But MEsquite cops, I don't know. What do yall think, with no sex and no touching???????

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I have been thinking since I have been writing this guy in my email, maybe it wouldn't be dangerous for us to go to Sonic if I sat in the back seat; No touching, sitting apart from each other maybe it would be ok. But he may think its too dangerous.

Is it too dangerous? I know Garland cops are stopping people in the streets, to check why they are out. But MEsquite cops, I don't know. What do yall think, with no sex and no touching???????

How about watching a movie on Netflix or similar streaming service. A lot of newer movies are available for rent.

Maybe at least take your temperature first. Make sure neither is running a fever.

Probably getting together is bad advice but I don't know when it's going to be safe.

A day-by-day breakdown of coronavirus symptoms shows how the disease, COVID-19, goes from bad to worse
Aria Bendix Mar 18, 2020, 3:08 PM
coronavirus temperature
A woman has her body temperature checked amid the coronavirus outbreak. AP Photo/Vincent Thian
Most cases of COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus, are mild, but about 20% of patients have severe cases of disease or become critically ill.
A fever is the most common symptom.
Here's how the symptoms progress day by day among typical patients.
For the latest case total and death toll, see Business Insider's live updates here.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

It starts with a fever. That's the most common symptom among people who get the coronavirus that's sweeping the world.

The virus, which causes a disease known as COVID-19, has reached more than 150 countries. The US has reported thousands of cases and dozens of deaths.

A February study of nearly 140 patients at the Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University in China identified a typical pattern of symptoms associated with COVID-19. About 99% of the patients developed a high temperature, while more than half experienced fatigue and a dry cough. About a third also experienced muscle pain and difficulty breathing.

Research from the Chinese Center for Disease Control has suggested that about 80% of coronavirus cases are mild. About 15% of patients have gotten severe cases, and 5% have become critically ill.

Here's how symptoms typically progress among patients:

Day 1: Patients run a fever. They may also experience fatigue, muscle pain, and a dry cough. A small minority may have had diarrhea or nausea one or two days before.
Day 5: Patients may have difficulty breathing, especially if they are older or have a preexisting health condition.
Day 7: This is how long it takes, on average, before patients are admitted to a hospital, the Wuhan University study found.
Day 8: At this point, patients with severe cases develop acute respiratory distress syndrome, an illness that occurs when fluid builds up the lungs. ARDS is often fatal.
Day 10: If patients have worsening symptoms, this is the time in the disease's progression when they're most likely to be admitted to the ICU. These patients probably have more abdominal pain and appetite loss than patients with milder cases. Only a small fraction die: The fatality rate has hovered at about 3%.
Day 17: On average, people who recover from the virus are discharged from the hospital after 2 1/2 weeks.
The first symptoms, however, may not come right after a person has been infected. A recent study found that the virus' average incubation period is about five days.
A day-by-day breakdown of coronavirus symptoms shows how the disease, COVID-19, goes from bad to worse

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
What do yall think, with no sex and no touching???????
I think it's a bad idea, I'm sorry to say. Not worth the risk of being quarantined if you catch the virus. And I hate to say it, but it I think for the next year... dating is going to be ridiculous.

Riders

Thanks, I guess so. I would hope it would not take us a year to get past this. There is more than 6 feet on my porch, perhaps meeting out there, him on one end me on the other, we could order pizza.

Thanks, I guess so. I would hope it would not take us a year to get past this. There is more than 6 feet on my porch, perhaps meeting out there, him on one end me on the other, we could order pizza.

It's good you mention pizza, because any food you order should go "under the microscope". You never know about the people who prepared it.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Yes, the enclosed car could be a problem. Outside, from what I'm reading, is much much better.

Also, pizza is way more romantic. :)

Riders

Yes, the enclosed car could be a problem. Outside, from what I'm reading, is much much better.

Also, pizza is way more romantic. :)

I think we are changing it. we will wait till its nice out hen he will come over and sit on my porch, there is more then 6 feet on my porch there will be two chairs. We will order pizza.

I think we are changing it. we will wait till its nice out hen he will come over and sit on my porch, there is more then 6 feet on my porch there will be two chairs. We will order pizza.

One harmless thing you can catch even from a distance is an orgasm. What's needed is abit related to Japanese Reiki, but once enjoyed you'll ask yourself "why didn't we stay separated sooner?" :)

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
One harmless thing you can catch even from a distance is an orgasm. What's needed is abit related to Japanese Reiki, but once enjoyed you'll ask yourself "why didn't we stay separated sooner?" :)
Jane Boswell for President 2020. :heavycheck:

Riders

Well, we did the date! It was not Sonic, we sat on the porch 6 feet away from each other. Its the only thing we feel safe with. We ate pizza and drank coke. He talks a lot and told me a lot of stories. After 2 hours I had to stop him from talking and told him it is getting cold and about to rain so I got to head inside.

Just in general, we have not said a word about sex which is a good sign. He seems to be a nice guy not trying to scam for sex or money thank God!

He seems to on 1 hand talk about the old-time standards for raising kids being better in his day but at the same time will talk about last summer when he hung out with buddies and went to Las Vegas and gambled and drank! He reminds me of a lot of people in my family.

I have cousins who drink too much smoke too much dope or drink and smoke cigarettes a lot but will get on their pulpit to preach at you about their church's standards.
Lucky for me though, I did not hear one word of religion!YEEHAW!

He kind of reminds me of Robert a little bit crazy and wild but old-timey in other ways. He also reminds a little in his looks. He is 66 he does have an old Santa clause beard. But his hair is short, he is only about 25 pounds overweight and does not walk with a cane.
These are good assets Robert did not have.

Riders

He says he never promises anything but says he will call me back this week to come over again. I won't bank on anything, though, until it happens I will say we will see. Every time I put a thread up saying I have a new guy friend I make a big fat full of myself. So this time no guarantees.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
He says he never promises anything but says he will call me back this week to come over again. I won't bank on anything, though, until it happens I will say we will see. Every time I put a thread up saying I have a new guy friend I make a big fat full of myself. So this time no guarantees.

Probably the best way of looking at it. Modern-day dating is a pretty unsure thing. I'm not banking on me finding anyone at the age of 31, and I'm okay with that.

Well, we did the date! It was not Sonic, we sat on the porch 6 feet away from each other. Its the only thing we feel safe with. We ate pizza and drank coke. He talks a lot and told me a lot of stories. After 2 hours I had to stop him from talking and told him it is getting cold and about to rain so I got to head inside.

Just in general, we have not said a word about sex which is a good sign. He seems to be a nice guy not trying to scam for sex or money thank God!

He seems to on 1 hand talk about the old-time standards for raising kids being better in his day but at the same time will talk about last summer when he hung out with buddies and went to Las Vegas and gambled and drank! He reminds me of a lot of people in my family.

I have cousins who drink too much smoke too much dope or drink and smoke cigarettes a lot but will get on their pulpit to preach at you about their church's standards.
Lucky for me though, I did not hear one word of religion!YEEHAW!

He kind of reminds me of Robert a little bit crazy and wild but old-timey in other ways. He also reminds a little in his looks. He is 66 he does have an old Santa clause beard. But his hair is short, he is only about 25 pounds overweight and does not walk with a cane.
These are good assets Robert did not have.

At least it wasn't a "blind" date, where you end up pretending to like a person for your own sake, not theirs. You were pre-acquainted and can probably weather any storms. Someone here once commented that the dating world now would be a pandemonium of desperates.

Riders

Well, he is still writing to me talking about wanting to see me yay! I hope I have not run him off not yet anyways. I always do the funny thing with my sisters when one of my acquaintances disappears.

Did yall ever watch the monsters in the 70s and 60s? They had all the freaks, members of the family who looked like monsters and Caroline who looked like a normal person and pretty? She would start dating a guy and once they saw her family hed run off scared to death, and Caroline would say Oh no! I ran another one-off! I always do Oh No I ran another one-off!

ANyways yea he is still with me we will see how long it lasts.

Riders

The whole thing with David ok is that we are talking about a sexist attitude here, But I know many men have it and am willing to deal with it. If I like the guy I will have a friendship with him. But I have to say he is 66, I am 53, so he is 13 years older than me and has a Santa clause beard, he's not really attractive but neither am I. But still, with the age there is definite sexism going.

But I got past that a long time ago with Robert, he is also 66 now so. My friend Rose form SAA gets mad about this stuff. She gets angry that she feels like society encourages her to with ugly old men probably what she would think of my guyfriend as. It pisses her off. She doesn't want to be in a relationship anymore because of it.

The age does not bother me, I guess I got past it with Robert. The only thing that really bothers me about sexism is like when my sisters wanted me to date a 500-pound man I met who I was working my tail off at Pizza Inn. I was only about 260 pounds back then too and I was young and cute 20 years ago. I thought it was crazy.

After I got through with that job Ia actually dated a very cute guy my age who was a cook at Pizza Unn named Joe but he turned out to be a drug addict. But he was a young cute guy.

I could write 20 pages about my issues with obese men. Luckily this guy is only 2 5 pounds overweight so. I don't think there will be any issues, that's one thing I am grateful for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is active, it is one thing he has going for him.

I'd avoid hanging out with "fossils" and beached whales, they often break down and even belligerent if rubbed the wrong way. People will have to self-pleasure for now if sex is your holy grail.

Riders

Heres the update! We are still together! We had another date today on our second date and it went well! He held my hand we came in and made out. But he did not push my boundaries, it stopped at making out. So hugging holding hands kissing that's it. We will continue to see each other for now.

I hope we didn't catch the virus, but we both live alone so hopefully, he doesn't have anything.

Riders

Sorry for the last post I was tired. No, it did not end well and I broke up with him. We held hand and ended up in my house but only did a little something then he left but I did not lose my sex sobriety which is good.

Apparently I can not handle dating now so dating is out for me.

Milton Platt

Wear masks. As far as they know, you guys have lived together for 30 years..............