• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's Theory | True?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You believe you were an Ape, this is considered an hypothesis because it's till not 100% verified that's why I will never learn anything about the details of this study because it's fundamentally wrong if you believe in God! If you don't then you don't believe in creation and take this hypothesis for granted. As long as you don't believe in God you won't understand.
Francis Collins, the man who led the team who mapped the human genome believes in god and fully accepts the reality of evolution, and the fact that humans are apes.
So one can easily believe in god while also understanding that evolution is a fact of life.

gnostic

The Lost One
It's not far away, we have examined millions of other planets and didn't find anything but some precious Gold and diamonds floating in space.

"Oh my, naughty naughty. Don't blame others for your failures."

xD Yea 'My failures' to believe all of this isn't a coincidence, your arrogance prohibits you to think rationally, that's 'Your failure'.

Sorry, but our technology to date, are only capable of very limited observations and we have never been to observe the surface of planets outside the Solar System, other than Mars. And that mission only allowed robotic vehicle, not humans on the surface.

None of our other unmanned space missions have travel to another star system - the nearest being Proxima Centauri, a red dwarf star, about 4.24 light-year away.

Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 are not pointed into any nearby stars, are the only spacecrafts to travel interstellar space, and both have being operational for 43 years. Voyager 1 have travelled only 152.2 AU, which is only 0.0024 light-year.

If Voyager 1 was heading towards Proxima Centauri (which is not), it would have taken over 73,000 years to reach this star, if we calculated this using its current speed.

The only to know if there are life in other planets, we really do need to be on the surface of the planets to explore, and that’s not currently possible with our technology.

At best, our technology is only able to observe the atmosphere of some exoplanets from other star systems, and that cannot us about life on the surface.

So we really don’t know.

You are simply making false claims from ignorance.

tas8831

Alright, I ll believe you if I saw a half Human half Ape guy in this Homindae Wiki
Why would there have to be a 'half human half ape', and how you determine which half was what?

And you may not be aware - there is (or was, anyway) a group of creation scientists that were exploring the diversification of organisms post-flood. They called themselves Baraminologists. They posited, in effect, evolution of organisms post-flood, (all except for humans, of course!) because they realized that all extant organisms could not possibly have fir on the ark.

So, where are the half 'original elephant Kind' and modern elephants?

Audie

Veteran Member
Why would there have to be a 'half human half ape', and how you determine which half was what?
As if we are not apes ourselves,
but what the idea is evident.

As is the total ignorance of thinking
thatvToE has an ape like a chimp-like
creature go in two steps to a modern human.

Mostly creationists do like a child
encountering broccoli.."i dont know what it is
but I don't like it.".

GardenLady

You believe you were an Ape, this is considered an hypothesis because it's till not 100% verified that's why I will never learn anything about the details of this study because it's fundamentally wrong if you believe in God! If you don't then you don't believe in creation and take this hypothesis for granted. As long as you don't believe in God you won't understand.

I realize this is several pages back, but have to respond to it. HOW DARE YOU suggest that a person who accepts the scientific evidence in support of the Theory of Evolution doesn't believe in God. You LIE about the faith of millions. The majority of people of faith accept this science; the majority of Christians accept this science. You bear false witness against millions of your neighbors with your ugly and baseless claim.

Also, you apparently don't know the definition of a hypothesis.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The ToE in no way negates a belief in Divine creation, but the unfortunate reality is that so many ministers in primarily fundamentalist churches tell their congregants that it does, such as the pastor in the church I grew up in. A survey of Christian theologians taken several decades ago concluded that by far most of them [I believe it was around 70%] don't see a problem with accepting both as long as there was the belief that God ultimately created all.

As an anthropologist who also has taught theology, there really is no problem in accepting both.

GardenLady

"You are not going to find apes, cats, dogs, etc. anywhere but on Earth."

Thank you for answering my question for yourself trying to make me look like a moron while you are the actual moron.
That's the point, Earth is the only place where we can find life, WHY IS THAT? Is that a clearer question for your naively?

Do you not see, yourself, the lack of logic in this statement? Why would you conclude that the absence of apes, cats, and dogs on another planet is the same as a lack of life? The FORMS that evolved here on Earth are extremely unlikely to have evolved in the same way on another planet. That does NOT mean there is no life of any kind on another planet.

Why are you invested in the idea that there is no life elsewhere? Just because we haven't found it does not mean you can state its absence as a known fact. Does it, in your mind, make you as a human more "special" in the universe or more special to God if we are alone? What would it say about us if there is life on other planets and if God sent his Son to redeem life on other planets?