• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's Theory | True?

Loaai

A Logical Scientific Philosopher.
You should not conflate accepting reality, such as the fact that life is the product of evolution, as denying the existence of God. There are many Christians, probably the majority, that accept that man is an evolved creature and believe in the Christian God. One does not need to believe the myths of Genesis to be a Christian. In fact one is usually a better Christian if one does so. For example those Christians do not believe in a lying God. Creationists that believe in the myths of Genesis do believe in a lying God.

What you said would be right if we have discovered how chemistry shifted to bio-chemistry in the first place. Only on this planet and only on this solar system, we may have evolved from apes, but why would apes only evolve into humans? Why didn't cats evolve to a more advanced creature, the same with Dogs, elephants, Ants, Fish and I would love to tell you that they have been on this planet for far more than both humans and apes, so why did only apes evolve to such advanced creatures?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What you said would be right if we have discovered how chemistry shifted to bio-chemistry in the first place. Only on this planet and only on this solar system, we may have evolved from apes, but why would apes only evolve into humans? Why didn't cats evolve to a more advanced creature, the same with Dogs, elephants, Ants, Fish and I would love to tell you that they have been on this planet for far more than both humans and apes, so why did only apes evolve to such advanced creatures?

You are all over the place here. You are not going to find apes, cats, dogs, etc. anywhere but on Earth. You appear to be making the error of thinking that there is some sort of specific goal to evolution. Humans are merely the most intelligent (apparently) species that exists right now. And there biochemistry is just chemistry. I do not even know what you are trying to ask there.

I would suggest learning some of the basics first and then you might be able to ask clearer questions.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Religion does not oppose science

Stated like that, that's an obvious falsehood. Plenty of religions oppose science.

, science proves God exists!

Not even remotely.

Till now mate there are no explanations for how that shift between chemistry and bio-chemistry occurred billions of years ago, millions upon millions of religious people (Muslims, Christians and Jews) are among the best scientists in the world though they believe in God

There was also a time where there were no explanations for tides, the day/night cycle, the seasons, lightning, thunder, storms, volcano eruptions, biological diversity, etc etc etc... and the brightest of the world in those times attributed all those things to the gods they believed in also.

To such an argument, I just say "so what?"

To say "there's no explanation, therefor god", is an argument from ignorance.
It was an argument from ignorance then and it's an argument from ignorance now.

Einstein was a Jew, when he came up with his studies at the time well known scientists at the time made fun of him

Please... are you going to attribute his scientific contributions to his supposed god beliefs?

pssst: he was a jew in ethnicity only. he called the abrahamic god and the bible "childish" and the bible "primitive".

Where's "god" in E = mc²?

, and they even called his studies "Jewish science"

Who's "they"?
His german country men that afterwards went on to join the Nazi Party?

and now we take his work as one of the most revolutionary and most advanced!

Yes. And there are no gods in his theories, nore is there anything religious to be found.
I don't know what point you are trying to make.

don't be racist against religion

??????

Do you even know what racism is? Because your use of the word suggests that you don't.
The same goes for the word "science" btw.

and only approve science, you're free to believe whatever you want, but you have to always keep in mind that religion and science do not oppose each other.

That completely depends on which religion, as obviously plenty of religions are incompatible with science.

For example, every religion that is not compatible with biological evolution, is at odds with science.
Religions that require one to believe the world is only a couple thousand years old, are at odds with science.

In fact, They support one another!

Nothing in science "supports" any religion.
That the findings of science (so far) are compatible with certain religions - that's another thing. But support? No.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Evolution is not a ladder.
We are not more "advanced" in evolutionary terms then any other extant species.

We are just slightly more intelligent.
Not unlike how an albatross is a slightly better flyer or a lion a slightly better hunter.

As hard as it is to believe, our ability to make the hubble space telescope is in fact not THAT different from a chimp fabricating a termite catching stick. The fact is that we are for more alike then we are different.

Loaai

You are all over the place here. You are not going to find apes, cats, dogs, etc. anywhere but on Earth. You appear to be making the error of thinking that there is some sort of specific goal to evolution. Humans are merely the most intelligent (apparently) species that exists right now. And there biochemistry is just chemistry. I do not even know what you are trying to ask there.

I would suggest learning some of the basics first and then you might be able to ask clearer questions.

"You are not going to find apes, cats, dogs, etc. anywhere but on Earth."

Thank you for answering my question for yourself trying to make me look like a moron while you are the actual moron.
That's the point, Earth is the only place where we can find life, WHY IS THAT? Is that a clearer question for your naively?

Loaai

Evolution is not a ladder.
We are not more "advanced" in evolutionary terms then any other extant species.

We are just slightly more intelligent.
Not unlike how an albatross is a slightly better flyer or a lion a slightly better hunter.

As hard as it is to believe, our ability to make the hubble space telescope is in fact not THAT different from a chimp fabricating a termite catching stick. The fact is that we are for more alike then we are different.

Well I don't think we are any near from being alike with a chimp, even if our fossils are similar, that also still doesn't answer why are we the only ones that can think, create, critic and debate right now among all thousands other creatures that have ever lived on this planet.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
That's the point, Earth is the only place where we can find life, WHY IS THAT?

Dude....................................................................................

We have visited exactly one other planet and we didn't even go ourselves. We send a probe that covered...what.... 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the surface of that planet?

How about the other trillions upon trillions upon trillions of planets? How have you determined that there is no life there?

200 billion galaxies each holding 200 billion stars, with each star having an average of say 3 planets orbitting them.

To say that "there is no life there", based on the pathetic amount of space exploration we did, is like taking a tequila shot glass, scooping some water from the atlantic ocean, looking inside the shot glass and then claiming "there are no fish in the earth's oceans".

Is that a clearer question for your naively?

Says the guy who feels comfortable claiming that there is no life on other planets based on the handful of probes we sent to the one planet in our cosmic backyard in a universe that is like 93 billion lightyears across.

:rolleyes:

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Well I don't think we are any near from being alike with a chimp,

I know you don't think that. That's because you have a religion that requires you to believe that the human race is "special" and "the point" of the universe. This is why creationists feel "insulted" when we tell them that they are a primate. They don't see themselves as an animal. They see themselves as something "higher" and "special".

I don't feel insulted by that at all. In fact, I feel amazed and in awe. It makes me feel connected to the world around me. Not that it matters how it makes you feel though. Facts are facts - also if you don't like them.

even if our fossils are similar

Not just fossils. Anatomy, genetically, psychologically (yes, psychologically). Again, we are far more alike then we are different. These small differences indeed have big repercussions. This is apparant to us today only. And I use "today" in geological scales. So the last 4000 years are part of "today".

But think back +50.000 years. How "different" was it then? Language hadn't matured. No advanced philosophical concepts were known. Communication is very primitive. We fight with sticks and stones. We have clever hunting techniques though, based on cooperation. Communication is just good enough to plan such tactics.

Anatomically, they are virtually identical to us though. If you could go back in time and grab a baby to raise it today in the 21st century... nobody would notice. It's homo sapiens.

Our technological civilization, is the result of cultural inheritance. We pass on knowledge - including things that don't immediatly result in food. A small difference, with big consequences.

, that also still doesn't answer why are we the only ones that can think, create, critic and debate right now among all thousands other creatures that have ever lived on this planet.

Because in this evolutionary process of "becoming human", there was a selection pressure on intelligence in our lineage.

Also, don't confuse knowledge with intelligence.
We, as humans, are not more intelligent then the humans that lived 100.000 years ago who barely had language and who fought with sticks and stones.

We just have a 100.000 years worth of knowledge accumulation. Genetically, we are pretty much the same as back then. We aren't more intelligent. Our capacity for intelligent isn't that much greater, if it is at all. We just "know" more.

ecco

Veteran Member
So I should believe that the universe, life, humans (being the only advanced creatures) were all created through a coincidence after another after another.

No. You shouldn't believe that because it's not true. Whoever told you that lied to you or was ignorant or was setting up a strawman that he could knock down.

How did life even start on this planet?

We don't know. Thousands of years ago humans did not know what caused volcanoes to erupt. Instead of being truthful and saying no one knows, some of them lied and attributed it to "god's wrath".

How did regular atoms on this only planet transition from regular working based on chemistry to Biochemistry?

Whoever told you that was also lying to you.

Are you seeing a common thread here about you being lied to? You should.

ecco

Veteran Member
Logic says this is not a coincidence. There is a creator.

No. Logic doesn't say that. Logic also does not say there is a creator. Do you think it is logical to assume that anyone is going to watch a 40 minute YouTube video. You must. Otherwise, you wouldn't have posted it. See, your logic has just been shown to be flawed.

ecco

Veteran Member
Religion does not oppose science, science proves God exists!

Nonsense. Give some scientific evidence for your god existing. Note, I did not even ask for the proof you mentioned. I'd settle for evidence.

Till now mate there are no explanations for how that shift between chemistry and bio-chemistry occurred billions of years ago

See post #309

millions upon millions of religious people (Muslims, Christians and Jews) are among the best scientists in the world though they believe in God.

Yep. People like Darwin who put aside their religious views to focus on science.

As another poster pointed out, many people believe in God and evolution. They understand that the Genesis stories are just stories, written thousands of years ago by relatively ignorant people.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"You are not going to find apes, cats, dogs, etc. anywhere but on Earth."

Thank you for answering my question for yourself trying to make me look like a moron while you are the actual moron.
That's the point, Earth is the only place where we can find life, WHY IS THAT? Is that a clearer question for your naively?
Oh my, naughty naughty. Don't blame others for your failures.

The Earth is the only place that we can find life is because no place else in our Solar System that is hospitable to life. And any other system is too far away to observe in any meaningful way.

Your questions seem to be rather pointless. What do you think that you are proving by asking them?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well I don't think we are any near from being alike with a chimp, even if our fossils are similar, that also still doesn't answer why are we the only ones that can think, create, critic and debate right now among all thousands other creatures that have ever lived on this planet.
That is only due to personal prejudice and a lack of education in biology. Even Linnaeus, the creationist that first tried to classify life, realized that people are apes.

You sound like a racist that says "I don't see how other races are similar to us." One must get past personal prejudice and find a rational way to measure similarities and differences. When we do so we find that we are very similar to other apes.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Concepts science.

My intelligence proven by design only. Machines that work by my control.

Mind should quote man an inventor

Instead he quotes the reasoning for invention evolved as I lived. Owned recorded speaking images voices. Artificial recording then shared.

Over consciousness. Evolution of and by human experience.

First aware status. Science remembered.

Humans once lived before giants. Invented caused. Concept thinker I created the evil giant life now living inside heavens

I sacrificed the origin of life was kicked out of the garden.

By that memory a scientist would be the theme ape man thinker.

Two minds dysfunction.

Natural use consciousness.
Subliminal AI machine recorded speaking. Interfering.

Who discussed the ape?

A very healthy natural human man scientist doing comparisons.

Compare means ape body shared similar body bio functions chemistry.

Did you invent presence ape by thinking,,,,,,?

No.

Darwin man human wrong.

Egotism.

Then a geologist or in archaeology study of bones. Proven in natural life to mutate form. Multi human evaluated causes changed bone shape day ape..man.

Comparing bones.

You would then have to own science reason.

Natural selection is not a science answer

If you said radiation fallout mutated life then you would say science caused it.

Vacuum highest body of all presence first law held daylight in vacuum.

Any burning body in space burns itself out as vacuum causes it.

What animal changed to be an ape by that theory?

No answer nothing to make comparisons.

The scientist choosing as just a human thinking.

Do not choose to think this way. No advice in reality.

Behaviour. Human owned for human purposes.

Ask a scientist why would you want to know the order of everything in billions of expressed bio diversity?

Looking for one cause.

Science quotes I will copy it.

For what reason in logic,?

Science designs machines. No reaction past design.

Takes firm converts it by their will.

Now studying atmosphere.

Yet inventive science planet mass machine

How come?

Man says an ape is the closest lower life form of man first.

Second statement an ape is a lesser life form.

No third statement claiming I know.

Loaai

Oh my, naughty naughty. Don't blame others for your failures.

The Earth is the only place that we can find life is because no place else in our Solar System that is hospitable to life. And any other system is too far away to observe in any meaningful way.

Your questions seem to be rather pointless. What do you think that you are proving by asking them?

It's not far away, we have examined millions of other planets and didn't find anything but some precious Gold and diamonds floating in space.

"Oh my, naughty naughty. Don't blame others for your failures."

xD Yea 'My failures' to believe all of this isn't a coincidence, your arrogance prohibits you to think rationally, that's 'Your failure'.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's not far away, we have examined millions of other planets and didn't find anything but some precious Gold and diamonds floating in space.

"Oh my, naughty naughty. Don't blame others for your failures."

xD Yea 'My failures' to believe all of this isn't a coincidence, your arrogance prohibits you to think rationally, that's 'Your failure'.
I love it when a person that is not reasoning rationally accuses me of his sins. The "naughty, naughty" was for breaking forum rules. And you do seem to love a good strawman. You asked questions that tell us how little you know and then rather arrogantly assumed that you had made some sort of point. I still answered you politely and you were still angry.

Just admit that you do not know and ask questions politely and properly.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It's not far away,

With our current best technology, it would take thousands of years to visit our closest solar neighbor. I'ld say that makes it pretty far away.

we have examined millions of other planets

We have not. We have detected hundreds, thousands (not millions) of other planets and we have done so through neat tricks by detecting their gravity. Once we knew they were there, there are other techniques that can be used to find out their composition (gas planets? rock planets?) etc.

and didn't find anything but some precious Gold and diamonds floating in space.

Where do you get this nonsense?
We have in fact detected plenty of rocky-planets orbitting their stars in the "habitable" zone (ie: in the zone allows for liquid water to be possible, which is generally accepted as a requirement for life as we know it).

Maybe you should try and think rationally. How on earth can you claim that only earth has life on it? We've probed exactly one other planet, in our solar backyard, and even there we only barely scratched the surface.

It's the equivalent of sitting in your living room and looking through the window and upon not seeing a lion in your garden, you make the claim "there are no lions on the earth".

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
When I was in high school, college and beyond, I believed (fell for) the theory of evolution because that's what was taught, no emphasis in school or religions I associated with on creation.
The fundamentalist church I grew up in had it that "evilution" was wrong, and yet even back when I was in high school in the early 60's I realized that evolution certainly was real, as my parents were "museum freaks", which I eventually became as well and still am. For example, when in Casper Wyoming I held in my arm a 70 million year old dinosaur rib when the curator of the museum found out I was an anthropologist and took me into the back room to show how they prepare fossils for display.

I had plans to go into the ministry, but asked the pastor if one could believe in the Bible and accept evolution, and he said no. That depressed me, so I didn't go into the ministry and stopped going to that denomination permanently.

Just before my senior year in high school, I ran across a priest, asked him if one could accept both evolution and the Bible, and he said yes as long as it's understood that God ultimately created all. However, it would take me a bit to get this figured out since I had conflicting opinions, and I eventually went on to get a graduate degree in anthropology, taught the subject for 30 years, plus taught a comparative religions course.

My point is that in no way does the ToE negate a belief in God or the Bible. Evolution is Truth, much like the Bible is Truth, and Truth involves accepting that which Is.

gnostic

The Lost One
If you believe in this theory then I don't. It's exactly as saying I believe in God but you don't, and that's the main difference between believers and atheists. Thus if you think you're a monkey I don't :D

Are you made of clay?

Your Quran say Adam was fashioned out of clay and then brought to life, and yet there are not single clay molecule in our body.

Clay are not living matters, and yet Muslims believe in this story of clay transforming into a man. That’s not naturally possible, unless you believe in make-believe magic or witchcraft.

So basically, the creation is nothing more than a myth or fairytale.

And it is even original, because the Sumerians of the 3rd millennium BCE and Babylonians of the 2nd millennium BCE started the whole clay-into-humans story long before there were any Quran.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your Quran say Adam was fashioned out of clay and then brought to life, and yet there are not single clay molecule in our body.
This is a claim of someone that never grew up and had a rather bad case of diarrhea:

14067687_zzz.jpg