• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin Day songs

KnightOwl

I'm doing the sound for our local Darwin Day event. The main event will be a presentation but before and after the main program I will be playing music videos and songs. I would like as many on-topic songs as possible to be represented.

I should point out this event is focused on a positive voice for science in general and the theory of evolution specifically -- not religion bashing.

As such, there will be a music videos from Symphony of Science, They Might Be Giants, Schoolhouse Rock, and of course Chumbawamba's "Charlie."
Also included will be Barenaked Ladies' "The Big Bang Theory Theme"

My non-video music selection is a little sparse and right now consists of a lot of generic instrumental music. Any ideas of good songs to include?

KnightOwl

There's more than one reason I won't use Fantasia which I won't elaborate on. "Dance Like a Monkey" is actually already in the lineup even though I didn't list it. One think I find very frustrating is you can't just go purchase and download music videos like you can mp3's. If you buy the limited ones available on iTunes, the video doesn't play as soon as you use an external sound card which I would be doing so I get quality audio out to the PA system. I therefore have to rely on less than stellar methods to get the video to play and the quality of the video suffers. To me that's preferable to crappy audio.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have never heard of Darwin Day.
Wonder how many people I could **** off by saying "Happy Darwin Day!":devil:
Korn has a song titled "Evolution" that is about accepting evolution over religion because of the evidence.
And of course you can't go wrong with Marilyn Manson.:p

KnightOwl

Very good suggestions - We do already have the Jurassic Park theme covered but with a video that shows species throughout the various eras leading up to present day. The one above that is good too. I'll probably add that video to the video lineup.

I know the organizers won't go for Korn or MM... New York Dolls is pushing it.

She Blinded Me With Science works for the music section.

sorry, but I'll pass on hockey monkees although the video was amusing.

I'm also adding to the music section, "It Ain't Necessarily So" and "Blowin in the Wind"

KnightOwl

I have never heard of Darwin Day.
Wonder how many people I could **** off by saying "Happy Darwin Day!":devil:

International Darwin Day Foundation

Note: If you like Darwin Day, contact your congressional reps. Info at the above link.

This is the website for the one I'll be at...
February 13, 2011 - Sacramento Darwin Day

We've had such guests as Michael Shermer (Skeptic Magazine) and Nick Matzke (who was the NCSE science advisor on the Kitzmiller ID case) in past years.