• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin Awards, Covid-19 Vaccines, and Republicans

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The question of whether or not science ignorance, leading to vaccine avoidance, could decrease the population of Republican voters more than Democrat voters, leading to easier victories by the latter in future.

And you think this is somehow a good or amusing thing to make a thread about and call it "Darwin Awards"?

You are effectively wishing death on many Republican voters if your statement is to be taken at face value. It seems to me if this is where your political views have landed you, then you may need to do quite a lot of introspection and reconsider your priorities.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The question of whether or not science ignorance, leading to vaccine avoidance, could decrease the population of Republican voters more than Democrat voters, leading to easier victories by the latter in future.
It'll also decrease the population of Hispanics & blacks.
Are you sure you want to advocate deaths by this cause?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
And you think this is somehow a good or amusing thing to make a thread about and call it "Darwin Awards"?

You are effectively wishing death on many Republican voters if your statement is to be taken at face value. It seems to me if this is where your political views have landed you, then you may need to do quite a lot of introspection and reconsider your priorities.
That is alleging much, much more about my motives than you have any right to say -- and I would appreciate an apology.

You've read enough of my posts to know that I wish harm on nobody. But you also know that I accept that harm will happen -- and that sometimes it is self-inflicted.

If you could look deeper than just your own prejudices, you would know that I have written literally hundreds of posts in this forum alone trying to convince people to save themselves and their loved ones. THAT IS MY PRIORITY. And you know it, though for your own purposes you ignore it.

I am a moderately intelligent person. I am fully aware of how a world-wide pandemic (in a world that in which wealth and the means of coping are wildly disparate) can and will persist. And if it persists, it will mutate -- into what, nobody knows -- and I have no interest in going there for you, for me, for Republicans, Democrats, Indians, Africans, Muslims, the rich or poor, or anybody.

And I also know (something that you could learn if you cared to, but apparently do not) that vaccines can get us there. It has done so for a dozen devastating diseases just in my lifetime alone, so this is very real to me.

So save your sneering for where it's deserved.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
That is alleging much, much more about my motives than you have any right to say -- and I would appreciate an apology.

I said "if your statement is to be taken at face value," since it was worded rather poorly. This is a particularly sensitive subject that requires extra precision in one's words because many people, including both Republican and Democratic ones, have lost loved ones or friends to the pandemic. Casually referring to such a tragedy as an example of "Darwin Awards" is, to put it lightly, counterproductive at best.

You've read enough of my posts to know that I wish harm on nobody. But you also know that I accept that harm will happen -- and that sometimes it is self-inflicted.

If you could look deeper than just your own prejudices, you would know that I have written literally hundreds of posts in this forum alone trying to convince people to save themselves and their loved ones. THAT IS MY PRIORITY. And you know it, though for your own purposes you ignore it.

I am a moderately intelligent person. I am fully aware of how a world-wide pandemic (in a world that in which wealth and the means of coping are wildly disparate) can and will persist. And if it persists, it will mutate -- into what, nobody knows -- and I have no interest in going there for you, for me, for Republicans, Democrats, Indians, Africans, Muslims, the rich or poor, or anybody.

And I also know (something that you could learn if you cared to, but apparently do not) that vaccines can get us there. It has done so for a dozen devastating diseases just in my lifetime alone, so this is very real to me.

So save your sneering for where it's deserved.

I'm overwhelmingly supportive of the scientific consensus that vaccines are crucial to hindering the spread and progression of the virus, so I'm not sure why you're directing this at me as if I were an anti-vaxxer. I take issue with the tasteless description of people's deaths in the thread title, not with your stance on the usefulness of vaccines.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
It certainly seems possible, but if and how much remain to be determined.

At the very least it is not a good strategy considering the potential damage.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It certainly seems possible, but if and how much remain to be determined.

At the very least it is not a good strategy considering the potential damage.
I was hoping members would know me well enough after all these years to not assume that would be a "strategy" for me. I regret the death of everyone (as you should know, I even reject the death penalty absolutely.)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Well I guess it's problem solved for you.

Congratulations.
@Revoltingest was right, I made a poor choice starting this thread. I was hoping that the members who I've been talking to for years would know who I was. Apparently I was wrong -- every post, you're a whole new person nobody ever heard of before. Everybody's memory seems just short enough to ensure that their prejudices remain unharmed.