• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darkness is nothing to be afraid off...

Just_me_Mike

What is darkness? What does it conjure up in your mind when you hear the term used?

In science it is the absence of light, and not really a "thing" but the absence of a thing.

Is that really that far off from the mystical understanding?

Some cite darkness as the beginning state, of which light came forth. That without darkness light would have no meaning. Darkness is often times associated with that which might be bad for us, or hurt us. Upon careful examination, it is too innocent to do any of that, but more appropriately cradles that which is uncomfortable in the light.

Darkness gives those that don't want the light a place to reside whilst they contemplate what the light holds out there. Darkness is a shelter from the myriad illusions most often thought of as light or reality.

When we can't tell what is real or not, or what is right or wrong, we can always go back to the darkness, reassess and try again.

Now then, if darkness can be all of these things, what really takes place in the darkness?

brbubba

Underling
Considering that all light is essential to almost all life, then I'm not very surprised that an aversion to darkness has developed over the years. Furthermore, the fact that we are not nocturnal creatures helps a little too.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
...it is the absence of light, and not really a "thing" but the absence of a thing.

Is that really that far off from the mystical understanding?
I'd say, when you know the way that the darkness is the light, that's a mystical understanding.

Last edited:

wmjbyatt

Lunatic from birth
Mystically, darkness is mystery. It is the unknown. It is the firmament that lies beneath the concrete and form-having. It is substance without form and form without substance. It is the place from which all comes and the place from which all returns. Darkness is that-which-is-not-lightness. It is yin.

What really takes place in the darkness? Everything. Nothing.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
I enjoy the darkness cause i know a light leading a fun new path is gonna be commin my way. It is for everyone who can see it :) For me it has been the beggining of what i didn't know and it is up to me to fill in the blank with and through others.