• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darkness and the Abyss

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
when someone you love disappears, did it take some of the light from your life? leave a void in your world?

BlueSky95

when someone you love disappears, did it take some of the light from your life? leave a void in your world?

That's what usually happens, some can't handle this and live their lives missing those who they lost as if they have lost a part of their own being and some just move on. It's interesting that from the many NDEs I read, many find themselves into this Darkness or Abyss, I think this happens because in that very "moment", you lose everything, even the idea of who you used to be so you are projecting nothingness into your own awarenes and then you move forward. I had such experiences and they are very scary, it feels like fading out of existence, the irony is that you are actually "returning" to your true Self, for this little self it feels like that. At least this is what my research and my experiences made me to understand.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That's what usually happens, some can't handle this and live their lives missing those who they lost as if they have lost a part of their own being and some just move on. It's interesting that from the many NDEs I read, many find themselves into this Darkness or Abyss, I think this happens because in that very "moment", you lose everything, even the idea of who you used to be so you are projecting nothingness into your own awarenes and then you move forward. I had such experiences and they are very scary, it feels like fading out of existence, the irony is that you are actually "returning" to your true Self, for this little self it feels like that. At least this is what my research and my experiences made me to understand.

that is a common experience of the atheist to experience nothing.

could also the experience of a person who focuses solely on a heaven for self but not including otherness as self. love of self is wonderful but even better when you have someone else to share it with. even if it's a friend of imagination.

BlueSky95

that is a common experience of the atheist to experience nothing.

could also the experience of a person who focuses solely on a heaven for self but not including otherness as self. love of self is wonderful but even better when you have someone else to share it with. even if it's a friend of imagination.

You may be right, I did not think about this.

The Bible calls this place "The Outer Darkness", this is also a concept found in spirituality, it's a place of complete nothighness, you only have your awareness.

I've been in this place several times, it's not a nice place to be found in...

MNoBody

energy is only transformed, no-thing is ever lost, in that sense, even if it appears that way to other senses.
-sensates vs -in-sensates [2 modes of human perception]
one cannot be expected to know or believe/suspect in what they cannot sense [feel/perceive]