• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dark Tower.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It is pretty good. It absolutely does not follow the book, however it is a shorter version of the same story in a parallel universe with many of the same actors. The real surprise is that the gunslinger is not the main character. To me the gunslinger has always been the main character, so this is a twist. The characters are unchanged, however they are developed differently. The film is not part I of a two part film but is a complete unit.

David1967

Premium Member
It is pretty good. It absolutely does not follow the book, however it is a shorter version of the same story in a parallel universe with many of the same actors. The real surprise is that the gunslinger is not the main character. To me the gunslinger has always been the main character, so this is a twist. The characters are unchanged, however they are developed differently. The film is not part I of a two part film but is a complete unit.

Agreed. I think it would have been better to title it, 'The Dark Tower, A Gunslinger Story'. I did enjoy it though.