• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dark times are coming

Has it or will Fascism be resurrected

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Don't know don't care

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

LionLooking

The pendulum is swinging right.
I can only comment on what I have seen here in my own country (the UK).

Anti-Muslim sentiment is massive - just take a look at Facebook.

Anti-'foreigner' sentiment is too - where I live (Boston) there is a large Polish community and these have become victims of attacks.

Groups like Britain First and UKIP are quite popular (though, thankfully, rarely elected). Their polices are influencing the Conservative Government (the disaster that is Brexit being the foremost example).

The left is also becoming more popular but many of those on the left have racist, anti-foreigner views (the grass-roots supporters, if not the leaders). Even Corbyn is going along with May's Hard Brexit plan - only the Liberals, SNP and Greens are trying to stop her.

It reminds me of inter-war Germany. Economic depression has led to the common man putting the blame on 'foreigners' rather than where it truly belongs. If things continue in this manner, I foresee a dark future for my country.