• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dark paganism?

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
The idea that "dark" paganism is a marketing ploy by New Age authors to attract emo kids is fairly offensive, especially to those who actually find real meaning in a path worshipping less sugary sweet Gods.

Yeah, there are some authors who capitalize on this concept, but you'd be hard pressed to find any concept in any religion that hasn't been exploited by marketers. That doesn't mean that religion or religious concept is meaningless.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Sadly , everything has become a marketing ploy for whoever wants to make a quick buck . :(

I thank you Shadow Wolf , for your explaination . I had wondered about the Goth connection . I only wish that I had worded my question differently . I can be very blunt at times , but I really meant no disrepect . { I blame it on becoming too involved in the debate forums , kinda lost my objectivity } .

I too have always loved the Night . It is a whole different world out there then . :) And I totally agree with you about the " good and evil " thing . Each must find their own Path , and I wish you the best on yours .

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What it's predominately based on is depressingly superficial. People are no stupid, so why ow why can't people put out information with actual meat and none of the ookey-spookey nonsense?
Give me awhile. I am writing my own book on Nocturnalism, and hopefully it will be published.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Shadow Wolf said:
Give me awhile. I am writing my own book on Nocturnalism, and hopefully it will be published.

i agree with loads of the stuff you say on here, SW, i'd buy your book! :hug:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's title, for now at least, is Occultus Nuntius ex Umbra, which is a rough Latin translation of "Hidden Messages from the Shadows. I really have no idea why I picked a Latin phrase, so I might change the title.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to revive it as I am deeply curious about dark paganism and would like to know if there are any other sources anyone here could reccomend other than Konstantinos. I myself have an affinity for the night and darkness and have been trying to mesh both light and dark into my personal path so it would be great to learn more about the topic. Are there any websites out there that could give me some info? And shadow wolf did you ever finish that book because I would love to pick up a copy.

Naya

Somnio, ergo existo.
The best places to look for stories of "dark paganism" is to seek out some of the dark Gods and Goddesses of various cultures. Read their stories from their original sources - not interpreted and reinterpreted to fit someone else's agenda (like they did with poor Kali, for example - many modern Pagans want to see her as a loving mother Goddess, and don't realize she's scary as hell and is a destructive being.)