• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dark Matter

dingdao

The eternal Tao cannot be told - Tao Te Ching
I just watched "The Most Unknown", which has a segment on Dark Matter. The current theory is that Dark Matter is made up of unknown particles that are evenly distributed throughout the galaxy, or is it universe.

So, my point is: why doesn't Dark Matter's effects show up at planetary distances?

whirlingmerc

I just watched "The Most Unknown", which has a segment on Dark Matter. The current theory is that Dark Matter is made up of unknown particles that are evenly distributed throughout the galaxy, or is it universe.

So, my point is: why doesn't Dark Matter's effects show up at planetary distances?

According to Carmellian Reality theory which adds a differential rotation term to usual relativity there is no need for dark matter to explain the rotation of galaxies So there may be little or no actual dark matter or dark energy

See Israeli Physicist Moshe Carmelli and also the Australian inventor of the Atomic Fountain Clock who collected miracle data that suggests the new term explains galaxy rotation to high accuracy

http://cds.cern.ch/record/394536/files/9907080.pdf

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

First of all, the distribution is NOT even. From what we can tell, the dark matter is concentrated, like ordinary matter, at the galactic cores. But it is more spread out than ordinary matter. It is the lack of evenness, by the way, that allows us to use gravitational lensing to map out where it is. But this is on the galactic scale of thousands of light years and up.

This leads to the answer to your other question. At the level of the solar system, the dark matter *is* spread out fairly evenly and has a density that is pretty low. As opposed to ordinary matter, which is concentrated in things like stars and planets, dark matter is spread out between the stars. Hence, at the level of the solar system, the effects of dark matter tend to cancel out: there is just as much in one direction as any other.

That said, the observations inside our solar system are one of the tight constraints that alternative explanations for dark matter tend to have problems with (like MOND, for example).

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
According to Carmellian Reality theory which adds a differential rotation term to usual relativity there is no need for dark matter to explain the rotation of galaxies So there may be no dark matter or energy

I'd love to see details. Include the calculations for our solar system as well as for galactic clusters. Add to that some computations for the effects on the CMBR.

dingdao

The eternal Tao cannot be told - Tao Te Ching
First of all, the distribution is NOT even. From what we can tell, the dark matter is concentrated, like ordinary matter, at the galactic cores. But it is more spread out than ordinary matter. It is the lack of evenness, by the way, that allows us to use gravitational lensing to map out where it is. But this is on the galactic scale of thousands of light years and up.

This leads to the answer to your other question. At the level of the solar system, the dark matter *is* spread out fairly evenly and has a density that is pretty low. As opposed to ordinary matter, which is concentrated in things like stars and planets, dark matter is spread out between the stars. Hence, at the level of the solar system, the effects of dark matter tend to cancel out: there is just as much in one direction as any other.

That said, the observations inside our solar system are one of the tight constraints that alternative explanations for dark matter tend to have problems with (like MOND, for example).
Basic Engineering Mechanics
Any large mass can be calculated as a point mass at the center of gravity.

The calculations should include dark matter.

questfortruth

It does show. It can be demonic UFOes. Besides, it acts here:

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I tried to look up Carmelian General Relativity, but the only entry I could find on it was from a known joke site;

Cosmological relativity - CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science

I've run across it before. Some creationists love it because they claim it is consistent with a young universe.

The basic idea is to eliminate time for the equations of GR and replace it by velocity (which is interpreted as spatial expansion). The problem is that it is deeply internally inconsistent. Among other things, it is far from clear why that extra coordinate would be *measured* to be a velocity of expansion.

I think a lot of people are taken in by the mathematical verbiage and don't get that the whole thing is nonsense.