• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dark Matter solved

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Did you even read and considered the contents on link from Questfortruth?

No.
As I said, I'm not at all qualified to evaluate ideas concerning the frontier of scientific knowledge in physics. Not even by a long shot. I bet most people here aren't.

The people who are qualified to do so, are clearly unimpressed with his ideas. That was my point.

In the very best of cases, yes

I know of no other cases.

But the matter of "dark this and that" they´ve cemented this for decades and decades as "the very truth and nothing but the truth"-attitude.

I am unaware of any working scientists who think they've solved dark matter. I don't think I've ever seen one claim that (s)he knows what it is. The only people I see claiming this, are people like in the OP - who come rant about it on irrelevant forums because in the working community, nobody takes him seriously.

And EXCACTLY THIS is why you act as a cocky debater

I'm not debating.
I'm just pointing out that the people on this forum, aren't the people he should be trying to convince.
And that the only reason he spreads his ideas on non-scientific forums, is because the scientific community isn't impressed.

If there were something to his ideas, scientists around the world would be jumping on it and he'll likely be in line for a Nobel.

This is not happening (not even by a long shot). This tells me that when he proclaims to have "solved" dark matter - it likely isn't true.

You can call that "cocky" if that makes you feel better.
Doesn't change the point though.

You just believe in the concensus dogmatism and when other alternatives are mentioned, I suspect you even don´t read the contents.

:rolleyes:

"consensus dogmatism" - what does that even mean?

Sure, when it comes to advanced subjects I know little to nothing about, I have no problems accepting the consensus of the actual working expert professionals. You do that too. Every time you go to a doctor, for example.

There's a difference between trusting expertise and being dogmatic about it.

FYI: the consensus on dark matter, is that they don't know what it is.
Some "dogma". :rolleyes:

Well here you admit that you never have had any thoughts outsides the squared box and tried to post something alternative in peer review fora.

I'm not a scientist. Why would I post "alternatives", or anything else, in peer reviewed journals?
If the OP really did solve dark matter, then I'ld assume he could demonstrate it and provide independently verifiable evidence and tests. If that is the case, he wouldn't be dismissed.

But likely he can not provide independently verifiable evidence.
Or other problems exist within his model.
Or maybe he's on the right track but his model simply isn't complete / detailed enough and he needs to do more work on it and gather more evidence.

Why do you feel like he should get a free ride or an easier ride then every other idea that gets presented in science? He can face the same harsh scrutiny of the scientific enterprise like everyone else.

If his ideas don't get accepted / published, it means his ideas don't stand up to that scrutiny for whatever reason. Such reasons could be that there are logic errors, incomplete data, not enough evidence, the model in general is not worked out enough, etc.

Why would you blame the scientific process for a paper not getting published?

It´s NOT a conspiracy matter at all. It´s a matter of colleges judging if the consensus is kept in an article and nothing else.

"Colleges?"

In any case, you're wrong. There is no guideline at all that consensus must be kept. In fact, the most exciting science, as any science will tell you, is the science that challenges the status quo.

EVERY SINGLE huge name in science, is a huge name precisely because they challenged the consensus succesfully.

Newton, Einstein, Darwin,...
Such people single handedly turned entire scientific fields on their heads.

And once more: the concensus concerning dark matter at this moment is that we don't know.
It's not like they've "settled" on some answer and don't want to budge from it, like you seem to be claiming.

Bottom line: I ask "why are you posting this here instead of publishing in a scientific journal where it would actually make an impact if it is correct?"

And your answer seems to be: "because the community is closed minded and don't want the consensus challenged".

I mean, seriously...

And "I" am the one who is cocky....

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
Native said:
Did you even read and considered the contents on link from Questfortruth?
No.
As I said, I'm not at all qualified to evaluate ideas concerning the frontier of scientific knowledge in physics. Not even by a long shot. I bet most people here aren't.

The people who are qualified to do so, are clearly unimpressed with his ideas. That was my point.
Well OK.

I said:
But the matter of "dark this and that" they´ve cemented this for decades and decades as "the very truth and nothing but the truth"-attitude.
I am unaware of any working scientists who think they've solved dark matter. I don't think I've ever seen one claim that (s)he knows what it is. . . .
If you have a cosmological discussion whit both astrophysicists and laymen of why it was that "dark matter" was invented, you´ll soon get the impression that most debaters take the dark matter to exist - for real. Which it doesn´t.

The point here is that the "dark matter problem" very likely could be solved by taken another approach with focus on the 3 other fundamental forces but "gravity" and their EM qualities.
I'm not a scientist. Why would I post "alternatives", or anything else, in peer reviewed journals?
Because you´ll get the most official and scientific acceptance if it is peer reviewed by "standard scientists". But the BIG trouble here is that if "standard peer reviewers" don´t have eyes for alternative solutions, your paper is lost.
EVERY SINGLE huge name in science, is a huge name precisely because they challenged the consensus succesfully.

Newton, Einstein, Darwin,...
Such people single handedly turned entire scientific fields on their heads.
Luckily for them, the dogmatic consensus peer review system wasn´t yet invented :)

IMO both Newton and Einstein got through the "Camels needle Eye" simply because no one - including them selves - really understood their ideas - and lots of persons STILL doesn´t, mostly because of inventions of "dark matter and energy and heavy black holes".

questfortruth

No.

Has the Jesus Christ been accepted by Israel even up today? No. So, entire Israel Nation keeps rejecting Him. There is great injustice in the world.