• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dark Chocolate

Vee

Premium Member
Dark chocolate is wonderful. All real chocolate contains chemical mood enhancers, the darker the better (or bitter) in my book. I will often eat Lindt 100% when i can get it.
It can also be an aphrodisiac, though it's more the sensual feel as it melts in your mouth that gives that effect.

I love dark chocolate, but 100% is too bitter for me. The best I tried was between 80% and 85%. Do you know Hasnaa ( https://hasnaa-chocolats.fr)? She's my favorite.

Vee

Premium Member
A lot of American stuff is not accepted as "chocolate" in Europe. The percentage of cocoa falls below the threshold for the designation of the term. Instead it is referred to as "chocolate flavoured confectionary." To be fair though, Amercia does make decent chewing gum. ;)

In the EU anything under 25% cocoa can't be labeled chocolate.

Vee

Premium Member
I've never seen it , is it local to you?

Yes, she has a shop in Bordeaux and just opened another one in Arcachon. She makes the chocolate from scratch and she selects the suppliers herself. I did a couple workshops with her and it's incredible. And her chocolats are amazing, so if you come to Bordeaux, keep that in mind.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Even if you are looking for dark chocolate, it will still have some sugar. Chocolate with no sugar would be 100% cocoa and it's extremely bitter. As for better quality and not industrially transformed, look for businesses that make their own chocolate. Some even propose workshops. It's more expensive, but so much better.
You can get 100% cocoa here as a bar without sugar, that's what I tend to eat.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There's a local (made right here in Revoltistan
by a mechanical engineer) chocolate that I
highly recommend...

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
American chocolate is much better than European chocolate. Europeans typically don't even know American chocolate, they just think they do. They based their opinion on the largest selling brands. But American chocolate comes in many varieties and ranges of quality. American chocolate gives you more choices. Yes, some of it is cheap and low quality. But America also produces some of the finest chocolates in the world. American chocolate is as fine as any chocolate made anywhere. And more choices makes American chocolate better than European chocolate.

As a Belgian, I don't really remember anyone ever going nuts over american chocolate as people do over belgian or swiss chocolate.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Anyone know which dark chocolate brands are available in the UK/Europe where the chocolate isn't dutched and has no added sugar? Looking for 70%+.
No clue, but I do recall having a chocolate lunch at a chocolate store in Amsterdam.
BTW, what is your issue with 'dutched'?