• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dare to Diverge

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Change

I recently made a major life change; a number actually. First, I moved far from where I used to live. Second, I changed many of my habits to more mentally and physically healthy ones and third, I abandoned my prior path and after a while as an Atheist, embraced a spiritually rich lifestyle.
Congratulations. I wish I could change some things about my lifestyle but I just don't seem to be able to. It is not really that I have unhealthy habits, it is just my living situation, but I cannot really change it right now because I have higher priorities. I also have my husband and cats to consider so I cannot just do what i might want to do for myself, so I just do the best I can to adjust to my situation in the present day, knowing the the future is yet to come.

Wildstar

Congratulations. I wish I could change some things about my lifestyle but I just don't seem to be able to. It is not really that I have unhealthy habits, it is just my living situation, but I cannot really change it right now because I have higher priorities. I also have my husband and cats to consider so I cannot just do what i might want to do for myself, so I just do the best I can to adjust to my situation in the present day, knowing the the future is yet to come.

Thank you and I wish you health, happiness and fulfillment.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
That's great! Where did you move to?

I wish you all the best in upkeeping your new habits and life practices!

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
That's awesome! It sounds like you are making some positive and important changes in your life!

Can I ask what path you are exploring now?

Welcome, btw. I don't think I've seen you on this forum yet. :D

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Change

I recently made a major life change; a number actually. First, I moved far from where I used to live. Second, I changed many of my habits to more mentally and physically healthy ones and third, I abandoned my prior path and after a while as an Atheist, embraced a spiritually rich lifestyle.
It sounds like the environment you left was pretty toxic.....can I assume that it was toxic 'Christianity' that you left behind?....and if so good for you. Everyone is entitled to choose their own path and not have it forced on them with others guilt-tripping and shaming them into submission. Shame to throw the baby out with the bathwater though, as some people have done, blaming God for what hypocritical humans were doing. :( Jesus never taught anyone to do that. He offered his message to everyone, but then allowed the people to decide for themselves if it was right for them.

Can I ask how atheism can be expressed "spiritually"? Is it more attuning with nature?...appreciating creation rather than being accountable to a Creator?

Wildstar

It sounds like the environment you left was pretty toxic.....can I assume that it was toxic 'Christianity' that you left behind?....and if so good for you. Everyone is entitled to choose their own path and not have it forced on them with others guilt-tripping and shaming them into submission. Shame to throw the baby out with the bathwater though, as some people have done, blaming God for what hypocritical humans were doing. :( Jesus never taught anyone to do that. He offered his message to everyone, but then allowed the people to decide for themselves if it was right for them.

Can I ask how atheism can be expressed "spiritually"? Is it more attuning with nature?...appreciating creation rather than being accountable to a Creator?

Satanism is what I’m leaving behind, actually. Atheism is where I went after that and as I found it too closed minded for me, I decided on a path of my own design; more experience focused than on orthodoxy or set traditions.

Wildstar

That's awesome! It sounds like you are making some positive and important changes in your life!

Can I ask what path you are exploring now?

Welcome, btw. I don't think I've seen you on this forum yet. :D

Thank you! I am exploring something similar to what could be called new age. It is spirituality, focused on where my intuition leads me. It involves nature, meditation and plenty else. Really, I just do as I feel right to do and strive for continual self improvement and balance.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Thank you! I am exploring something similar to what could be called new age. It is spirituality, focused on where my intuition leads me. It involves nature, meditation and plenty else. Really, I just do as I feel right to do and strive for continual self improvement and balance.

Ah, nice! Strengthening the self is an important and worthy endeavor. If you ever have questions, RF is a wonderful resource for outside perspectives that will definitely broaden your ideas on things.

If you wanted, you can always 5hrow your thoughts out into the void via the journal section of the forum. I've done that myself a few times. I'd love to read about your personal journey and where that takes you.

It's always exciting to see when people tread new ground on a path. :D

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Satanism is what I’m leaving behind, actually. Atheism is where I went after that and as I found it too closed minded for me, I decided on a path of my own design; more experience focused than on orthodoxy or set traditions.
Was satanism your choice, or were you raised with it?
Is there a specific path that you have chosen now, or are you just feeling your way as you go...?
Do you have unanswered questions? Are you gaining satisfying answers in your new path?

Wildstar

Was satanism your choice, or were you raised with it?
Is there a specific path that you have chosen now, or are you just feeling your way as you go...?
Do you have unanswered questions? Are you gaining satisfying answers in your new path?
Satanism was my choice, yes. I was raised Christian but not forced into it. I am feeling my way around now, walking by intuition. I have questions but answers come as they do and not all questions need answers.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Questions

Not every question needs an answer and part of living a peaceful and fulfilled life is knowing when to just be.
Not every question has an answer, especially questions about the unknowable God.
I'm still working in answers and probably will be all my life.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Satanism was my choice, yes. I was raised Christian but not forced into it. I am feeling my way around now, walking by intuition. I have questions but answers come as they do and not all questions need answers.
May I ask what led you to satanism? Was it toxic or hypocritical Christianity? In my own case I too was raised “Christian” but was increasingly uncomfortable with how much of my church’s teachings and practices were not found in the Bible.....in fact, it seemed to me that whatever Jesus said to do, they found excuses not to do it, and what he told them not to do, they justified doing them. In my mind, this made them anti-Christian......actually the anti-Christ, that is foretold in the Bible.....the “weeds” of Jesus’ parable. (Matthew 13:24-30)

I left that religious system, but I never left God, nor did I abandon the Bible because of what people who misrepresented both of them, had done with it. I undertook further investigation and what I discovered was an explanation for every question I had ever asked.....and it was right there in my own Bible, covered up for centuries....ignored or denied by the system that I had left.

I found what I was looking for....so I hope you do too.

Wildstar

May I ask what led you to satanism? Was it toxic or hypocritical Christianity? In my own case I too was raised “Christian” but was increasingly uncomfortable with how much of my church’s teachings and practices were not found in the Bible.....in fact, it seemed to me that whatever Jesus said to do, they found excuses not to do it, and what he told them not to do, they justified doing them. In my mind, this made them anti-Christian......actually the anti-Christ, that is foretold in the Bible.....the “weeds” of Jesus’ parable. (Matthew 13:24-30)

I left that religious system, but I never left God, nor did I abandon the Bible because of what people who misrepresented both of them, had done with it. I undertook further investigation and what I discovered was an explanation for every question I had ever asked.....and it was right there in my own Bible, covered up for centuries....ignored or denied by the system that I had left.

I found what I was looking for....so I hope you do too.

No, toxicity of Christianity is not what shifted me from the Christianity of my upbringing to Satanism. Previously unexplainable experiences, a dysfunctional family environment and a desire for knowledge, power and control did.

Thank you for the well wishes, by the way.

Wildstar

Brightness and Darkness

I experience duality and while it may be ultimately false, the experience remains. I watch those around me, experiencing highs and lows. I see how nature can nourish, destroy and once again nourish. All is cyclical. The tree grows, its roots into the earth, its bow into the heavens.