• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dandelion Season!

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
How do you prepare them?

What do they taste like?

I didn't know they even growed all the way away where you are!

They grow just about everywhere. They aren't actually native to the US. And came here as food.

"Taraxacum officinale is native to Europe and Asia,[43] and was originally imported to America as a food crop.[44] It is now naturalized throughout North America, southern Africa, South America, New Zealand, Australia, and India. It occurs in all 50 states of the US and most Canadian provinces.[34]"

Ie only ever had root tea and jelly. The root tea is a bit bitter if not tempered with something like honey or sugar, but it's pretty good. The jelly tastes like honey with a hint of citrus. All parts of the dandelion are edible, roots leaves and flowers.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
They grow just about everywhere. They aren't actually native to the US. And came here as food.

"Taraxacum officinale is native to Europe and Asia,[43] and was originally imported to America as a food crop.[44] It is now naturalized throughout North America, southern Africa, South America, New Zealand, Australia, and India. It occurs in all 50 states of the US and most Canadian provinces.[34]"

Ie only ever had root tea and jelly. The root tea is a bit bitter if not tempered with something like honey or sugar, but it's pretty good. The jelly tastes like honey with a hint of citrus. All parts of the dandelion are edible, roots leaves and flowers.
Wow, I didn't know any of that

I am now curious to try it

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
IMG20240423154656~2.jpg

Eat them fried.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Heard of it. Didn't know it was edible though.
Check it out. I haven't tried it, but I do my best to promote it for "hard times." I find it hysterical that it's known as the weed that ate the south! Now I wonder what bean it tastes like?
Screenshot_20240423_193339_Gallery.jpg

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
So, I'm trying a new flower jelly recipe. Decided to prune my lilac tree before all the flowers wilted (a few were starting to brown already).

IMG20240503191341~2.jpg