• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dandapani - yet another competitor in the spirituality business

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Namaste,

in my latest New Age book catalogue I found this book by a former Hindu priest seemingly preaching the new Western gospel that "everything is possible".

I don't know much about him but he is handsome. That's already something to begin with. :cool:
He's a former monk from my sampradaya. Since initially vows are 2 years at a time, he had the option to leave, and he did. But many of the teachings are right out of my sampradaya, and he gives credit where credit is due. I believe he's done well as a motivational speaker, but he certainly doesn't portray himself as some yogi or Guru.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I don't know much about him but he is handsome. That's already something to begin with. :cool:
?? But that is personal preference.
But many of the teachings are right out of my sampradaya, and he gives credit where credit is due. I believe he's done well as a motivational speaker, but he certainly doesn't portray himself as some yogi or Guru.
The underlined is nice. At least, he is being honest.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
?? But that is personal preference.

The underlined is nice. At least, he is being honest.
I think 'motivational speaker' is an accurate title. There are many such people, and their background varies widely. At our annual teacher conferences, I used to see quite a few. I particularly like former athletes, as they always had insights on commitment and hard work. I even got to hold an Olympic Gold medal once. He let it get passed around as he spoke.