• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dancing with kids

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I'm tagging @dybmh and @sun rise and @firedragon and @Spiderman cuz i think they'd find this story adorable.

So i was in the class working yesterday with the two year olds. A kid was trying to climb a shelf and students aren't supposed to climb shelves. However the only surefire way it seems to get them to stop is to distract them. Everytime i tell them to stop and take them off the shelf they try to go back and climb it sometimes thinking i'm playing a game with them. So I grabbed the hands of said kiddo told them we don't climb shelves but we can dance and started dancing with them. I let go of their hands after dancing a bit and another kid runs up to me wanting to dance as well so now im taking turns dancing with students cuz a little crowd of kids ran up to me wanting to dance. After a little while kids started to link arms with each other trying to dance. Then some got the bright idea to link arms with multiple people forming a long line and start running around the classroom like that. So i walk over there grab the hand of a kid at the end then grabbed the hand of the kid at the other end and we formed a circle. I then taught them ring around the rosies. They love it. It's now their favorite game. However they don't all seem to know you supposed to fall to the ground when you say We all fall down. Some try to fall down sooner then that. So we all fall down before we say we all fall down.

Anyway i thought RFers might find this all adorable. I had fun with the two year olds.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm tagging @dybmh and @sun rise cuz i think they'd find this story adorable.

So i was in the class working yesterday with the two year olds. A kid was trying to climb a shelf and students aren't supposed to climb shelves. However the only surefire way it seems to get them to stop is to distract them. Everytime i tell them to stop and take them off the shelf they try to go back and climb it sometimes thinking i'm playing a game with them. So I grabbed the hands of said kiddo told them we don't climb shelves but we can dance and started dancing with them. I let go of their hands after dancing a bit and another kid runs up to me wanting to dance as well so now im taking turns dancing with students cuz a little crowd of kids ran up to me wanting to dance. After a little while kids started to link arms with each other trying to dance. Then some got the bright idea to link arms with multiple people forming a long line and start running around the classroom like that. So i walk over there grab the hand of a kid at the end then grabbed the hand of the kid at the other end and we formed a circle. I then taught them ring around the rosies. They love it. It's now their favorite game. However they don't all seem to know you supposed to fall to the ground when you say We all fall down. Some try to fall down sooner then that. So we all fall down before we say we all fall down.

Anyway i thought RFers might find this all adorable. I had fun with the two year olds.
Kids are life givers... loved it. thanks for sharing

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'm tagging @dybmh and @sun rise and @firedragon and @Spiderman cuz i think they'd find this story adorable.

Yes, that's adorable. I remember a former colleague who taught high school math but one day found himself covering kindergarten PE outside, and made the mistake of sitting on the grass and letting one kid jump on him. Guess what happened next. Soon there was this huge pile of kids, and he had disappeared under it. These events make you wonder if, at a basic level, we're herd animals. That and that basic need for touch.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

Precious moments.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Very precious. A bunch of rose signs have showed up lately, with myself and someone else. " Ring around the rosies, is interesting, rosies reminding of roses, and a dream about a ring stolen off a Pope's finger, finding a ring that day, and something linked to the vision on a shirt the next day, birthday of the Pope in the dream.

I'm going to wear that Rose shirt I wore the day of two other strange occurances , to my surgery on 11 11.

But the dancing with children is precious. Thank you. I need to be as innocent as a child , that has been reoccurring messages I have received in prayer lately.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Watch a couple of episodes of Romper Room.

Great ideas there for kids.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Hmm, I guess. It is probably a better solution than stapling their pants to the floor. I can't understand why I was not hired.