• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Seals passes on.. March 25th

arthra

Baha'i
Dan Seals passed away March 25, 2009, following a valiant struggle with mantle cell lymphoma. He leaves behind thousands of fans, countless friends and a loving family. He enjoyed a musical career which spanned four decades and included hit records both as a member of pop duo England Dan and John Ford Coley, and as a solo country artist. In 1986 he won Country Music Association Awards for "Bop" and "Meet Me in Montana." He will forever be remembered for his gentle smile, easy going demeanor, his enduring faith and endless generosity.

Much of Seals’s character can be traced to his faith. Seeking to promote the international unity of all people, he participated in the 50th anniversary Voice of America show in Washington, D.C., in 1992. Later the same year Seals traveled to the remote town of Alma-Ata, located in what was once the Soviet republic of Kazakhstan, in order to attend the Voice of Asia Festival. Brotherhood was also the theme of the single “We Are One” on his Walking the Wire album, released in 1992. Seals was quoted as saying in the Tennessean, “We’re all members of the human race…. If we were unified with each other we could knock out the problems in the world a lot quicker.”

YouTube - One Friend -Dan Seals
progress.gif

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
"If you want to honor Dan," Gottlieb said (Dan Seals manager), "you should oppose bigotry, intolerance and prejudice."

Adib

Lover of World Religions
"If you want to honor Dan," Gottlieb said (Dan Seals manager), "you should oppose bigotry, intolerance and prejudice."

Amen. He was such a gentle soul and I absolutely loved his music. It was just so soft and really struck a chord in you. May he rest in peace.