• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Rather on Right-Wing hypocrisy

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Keep drinking Clinton kool aid. You just can’t unequivocally admit the fact. Hillary Clinton committed the compromising of top secret classified material, a major crime.
Your position relies on unevidenced conspiracies, such as Comey and the entire FBI and DOJ who worked on the investigation being complicit in covering for Clinton. Until you can present an argument that doesn’t require leaps into fantasy, I’ll remain unconvinced.

I accept the evidence presented by legal precedent that there was nothing to prosecute. I accept the evidence that even Trump’s DOJ had not pressed charges. If it were as unequivocal as you claim, it should be easy to prosecute.

You have been trained to tilt at windmills. But at some point, you’ve gotta wake up and realize that they really are just windmills.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
If you read my posts with better comprehension you will see that I don’t blame him for the entire Syrian war, just his part, which plenty bad enough. So, yeah, I don’t need a lecture about the Syrian civil war from someone that doesn’t even comprehend what I wrote.
You have invoked the 400,000 dead and the 600,000 refugees in support of your claims. You have referred to it as “Obama’s war in Syria.” You have failed to mention anything about the causes for this war or it’s main players. Your accusations have been completely stripped of context. It is clear that you are trying to frame the Syrian War, and it’s victims, as all about Obama, which is frankly absurd.

If you believe that sending a couple bombing raids against someone who used chemical weapons on civilians is so heinous, then so be it. I feel completely justified in disagreeing with you.

Shaul

Premium Member
Your position relies on unevidenced conspiracies, such as Comey and the entire FBI and DOJ who worked on the investigation being complicit in covering for Clinton. Until you can present an argument that doesn’t require leaps into fantasy, I’ll remain unconvinced.

I accept the evidence presented by legal precedent that there was nothing to prosecute. I accept the evidence that even Trump’s DOJ had not pressed charges. If it were as unequivocal as you claim, it should be easy to prosecute.

You have been trained to tilt at windmills. But at some point, you’ve gotta wake up and realize that they really are just windmills.
It isn’t a matter of “my position”, it is a simple statement of fact. Hillary Clinton caused the compromising of hundreds of classified materials, including top secret materials.

You say you will wait for her to be indicted. You should be careful what you wish, you might still get it.

Justice Department reopens Hillary Clinton email investigation

Shaul

Premium Member
You have invoked the 400,000 dead and the 600,000 refugees in support of your claims. You have referred to it as “Obama’s war in Syria.” You have failed to mention anything about the causes for this war or it’s main players. Your accusations have been completely stripped of context. It is clear that you are trying to frame the Syrian War, and it’s victims, as all about Obama, which is frankly absurd.

If you believe that sending a couple bombing raids against someone who used chemical weapons on civilians is so heinous, then so be it. I feel completely justified in disagreeing with you.
“A couple of bombings?!” I’m sure your umbrage will be a comfort to the families of thethousands of people there, including civilians, that were killed by U.S. bomb attacks ordered by Obama.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
It isn’t a matter of “my position”, it is a simple statement of fact. Hillary Clinton caused the compromising of hundreds of classified materials, including top secret materials.
You have not established that this “simple fact” is a major crime or that Clinton ought to have been prosecuted for it.

Context is important. For instance, I drove 4 mph over the speed limit today. That is technically against the law. It’s a fact that I broke it. But rarely will I be ticketed for it as long as there’s no aggravating circumstances.

Comey states that to prosecute Clinton for this "… would have been unfair and virtually unprecedented …" source Do you have any evidence that this is false, like convictions for similar cases?

Check out the FBI report, pages 23-25. Seems like it was rather common to send classified info via unsecured emails.

You say you will wait for her to be indicted. You should be careful what you wish, you might still get it.

Justice Department reopens Hillary Clinton email investigation
I hope she gets a fair shake, as this is blatantly partisan. Who knows? Maybe it will finally put this to rest.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
“A couple of bombings?!” I’m sure your umbrage will be a comfort to the families of thethousands of people there, including civilians, that were killed by U.S. bomb attacks ordered by Obama.
As previously indicated, you are free to believe that it is wrong to use air strikes in an attempt to stop ISIS from consolidating, and dictators from using chemical weapons on civilians.

I believe that Obama had an impossible decision to make, and I give him a lot of credit for how restrained he actually was.

I believe your characterization to be absurdly warped from reality. You have indicated that you are aware of the situation surrounding the Syrian Civil War, so ignorance is apparently not the problem. There’s not anything I could say, therefore, to convince you.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Liberal here.

No we do not support war when democrats are in charge! Do you have some kind of evidence for this?
Republicans seem to be the opposite. They attempt to justify military action abroad - up until it's in a dem president's hands - then they flip-flop and condemn it.