• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Rather on Right-Wing hypocrisy

Shaul

Premium Member
Obama’s war? Lol
Trumps full of hot air, there negotiations with n Korea is a bust. Press secretary says it not going to happen.
Trump under pressure over chaotic approach to North Korea nuclear talks
No Trump doesn’t need a peace prize for aggrevating tensions and saying he as a “bigger button”. Do you guys care about anything he says jeez?
you gloss right over the fact that the North Koreans are now willing to talk with the South Koreans. That is huge. Trump saying we have a “bigger button” wasn’t promoting war, it promotes peace. Plain talk is what punks like Kim Jong Un can understand and respect. He never would talk with South Korea while Obama and Hillary, with all their purported vaunted experience, were in office. Kim Jong Un knows that he can’t con Trump, like he did Obama. The result is talks will happen and tensions lessen.

Rough Beast Sloucher

It's My Birthday!
Not really, most people oppose wars from all presidents but no president, except Trump, has gone as far as threatening to annihilate an entire country.

I remember Democrat JFK telling Russian bomber crews to make sure they carry a lot of fuel if they are going to attack the US because they are not going to have a country to come back to. It will have been melted down to bedrock. But JFK said these things in his impressive upper-class Boston accent and orator's voice and was the darling of the media (mostly). When Trump says things like this he sounds like an idiot, especially when intentionally presented as such by the media.

During WW2, although no one made explicit verbal threats of that magnitude, the Allied air forces came close to annihilating Germany as did the US B-29 fire bombing in Japan even before the atomic bombs. Another Democrat president BTW. But the media in those days were tightly controlled. Criticize the President in a substantive way with a war going on and expect a visit from the FBI.

So what Trump said was not unprecedented. How smart was it saying that? Ah, that is another question.

idav

Being
Premium Member
you gloss right over the fact that the North Koreans are now willing to talk with the South Koreans. That is huge. Trump saying we have a “bigger button” wasn’t promoting war, it promotes peace. Plain talk is what punks like Kim Jong Un can understand and respect. He never would talk with South Korea while Obama and Hillary, with all their purported vaunted experience, were in office. Kim Jong Un knows that he can’t con Trump, like he did Obama. The result is talks will happen and tensions lessen.
And how exactly does trump get credit for north and south talking, just cause? It’s the olympics that opened up their communications. I agree it’s huge but that’s all on them, regardless of trumps antics.

Shaul

Premium Member
And how exactly does trump get credit for north and south talking, just cause? It’s the olympics that opened up their communications. I agree it’s huge but that’s all on them, regardless of trumps antics.
The NK expressed willingness to talk only after Trump took office and demonstrated his firm stance with respect to NK. Trump certainly doesn’t deserve all the credit but neither was the change mere coincidence.

idav

Being
Premium Member
The NK expressed willingness to talk only after Trump took office and demonstrated his firm stance with respect to NK. Trump certainly doesn’t deserve all the credit but neither was the change mere coincidence.
Like I mentioned it’s because of the Olympics being in South Korea. They couldn’t even communicate Norks had cut of communication but Kim wanted in on the Olympics. If anything Trump was making it harder for the South Koreans.
North Korea re-opens communication channel with South Korea

idav

Being
Premium Member
And I have a bridge for sale.
You and others are so blinded by your hate for the President that you can not see. Get over it.
It’s the crap he does and says. It’s like some people don’t see what he says or attempt to spin it in the most positive light possible. Nothing for me to get over, he’s the president, he can act like it. Like I mentioned I would give credit if Trump actually talked to Kim outside of Twitter.

74x12

Liberal here.

No we do not support war when democrats are in charge! Do you have some kind of evidence for this?
I watched it happen when Obama was elected. The anti-war protests melted away ... Where was a new anti-Iraq war movie from Michael Moore? We're still in Afghanistan today. Obama did what about that? Then Obama attacked Qaddafi for no good reason who arguably had one of the most progressive governments in Northern Africa. Hillary's lovely quote "we came, we saw, he died" is just proof of what I'm saying because Democrats still voted for her.

This barely scratches the surface of the Obama regimes warmongering ways. Then Hillary's incredibly insane anti-Russia rhetoric possibly almost got us in ww3 during the election and we likely would have been in ww3 by now if she had been elected. She should have been trying to de-escalate the situation. Instead she further antagonized Russia after the years of the abuse they received from Obama. It's no wonder the Russians apparently supported Trump more than Hillary although they obviously tried to undermine both sides.

The truth hurts.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Yeah that war he got the US involved with inSyria. Look it up, it was in the papers.
I am aware of the Syrian Civil War and the US’s involvement. I object to your warped characterization.

Here’s the Wiki if anyone’s interested in a more accurate view.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
He ok'd a story about Bush's military career that he knew was a lie.
Where is your evidence that he knew it was a lie?

“Rather stated, "if I knew then what I know now – I would not have gone ahead with the story as it was aired, and I certainly would not have used the documents in question,"[12] and CBS News President Andrew Heyward said, "Based on what we now know, CBS News cannot prove that the documents are authentic, which is the only acceptable journalistic standard to justify using them in the report. We should not have used them. That was a mistake, which we deeply regret."[12][13]Source

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Far from being a credit, that she hasn’t been charged underscores how bad she is. Despite incontrovertible evidence she has not been indicted for gross crimes because of massive corruption. She isn’t the devil. She is simply a high functioning plutocrat.
There is no incontrovertible evidence. That is the lie you’ve been fed.

Look at how deep the lie goes: you can’t even accept the evidence that she has never been charged. You must come up with ever more elaborate explanations to explain away the plain truth you’ve been taught to ignore.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I cannot help but notice that the issues in question in the OP are not very well addressed in the comments that follow.

A president swears to uphold and protect the constitution where we find these relevant phrases:

"nor [shall any person] be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law."
"nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law"

Trump's comments were anti-American.

Shaul

Premium Member
Like I mentioned it’s because of the Olympics being in South Korea. They couldn’t even communicate Norks had cut of communication but Kim wanted in on the Olympics. If anything Trump was making it harder for the South Koreans.
North Korea re-opens communication channel with South Korea
The New York Times (who has no love lost for Trump) reports the South Korea’s President credit Trump for North Korea’s starting the talks. I believe he knows more about it than you.

South Korea’s Leader Credits Trump for North Korea Talks

Shaul

Premium Member
There is no incontrovertible evidence. That is the lie you’ve been fed.

Look at how deep the lie goes: you can’t even accept the evidence that she has never been charged. You must come up with ever more elaborate explanations to explain away the plain truth you’ve been taught to ignore.
It is incontrovertible. She’s has testified to committing acts which the FBI confirmed met the criteria of breaking the law. Yet she was not charged because her friend a Comey ' with Obama’s consent covered for her.

Shaul

Premium Member
I cannot help but notice that the issues in question in the OP are not very well addressed in the comments that follow.

A president swears to uphold and protect the constitution where we find these relevant phrases:

"nor [shall any person] be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law."
"nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law"

Trump's comments were anti-American.
Taken out of context and twisted. Trump was expressing that guns should be taken out of the hands of those making credible theats such as that shooter in Florida. He also said that there should be due process, a part you conveniently choose to overlook.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Taken out of context and twisted. Trump was expressing that guns should be taken out of the hands of those making credible theats such as that shooter in Florida. He also said that there should be due process, a part you conveniently choose to overlook.
Choosing to disregard due process is choosing to disregard due process. If a person is a credible threat then there should be no problem getting a warrant. In other words, due process need not be disregarded. It may have been a mistake on his part to say what he did. That does not make the sentence one that anyone should support.

Shaul

Premium Member
I am aware of the Syrian Civil War and the US’s involvement. I object to your warped characterization.

Here’s the Wiki if anyone’s interested in a more accurate view.
I’m sure the >400,000 casualties and 6,000,000 refugees of that will take comfort that you don’t blame Obama for his part in that war or all the air strikes he authorized. Shall we ask them if they think he is innocent?

Shaul

Premium Member
Choosing to disregard due process is choosing to disregard due process. If a person is a credible threat then there should be no problem getting a warrant. In other words, due process need not be disregarded. It may have been a mistake on his part to say what he did. That does not make the sentence one that anyone should support.
Next time Mr. Cruz or his ilk shows up at a school I’m sure there will be plenty of time to get that warrant.