• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Rather on Right-Wing hypocrisy

whirlingmerc

Yes, in the narrow minds of his sycophantic enablers.

I believe Hillary and Obama had quote a few of there own enablers, many of which looked the other way and excused way too much

Both Hillary and Trump were significanly flawed... more a question of while was less significantly flawed

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Both Hillary and Trump were significanly flawed... more a question of while was less significantly flawed
No, not really. Clinton had normal politician flaws, but was otherwise a highly experienced public servant with actual policies. There is honestly no comparison with that and the completely inexperienced mess we put in charge of our country.

Jeremiah Ames

I believe Hillary and Obama had quote a few of there own enablers, many of which looked the other way and excused way too much

It’s not the normal human flaws I am concerned with.
It’s when the evil that one does effects so many other people.
All three of the individuals are the same in that they are human and thus, sinners.
Yet, Hillary and Obama have goodness in their hearts for other people, which is reflected in their ideals and policies.
Their policies are inclusive and beneficial to the masses.
Trump only spreads his hate and evil throughout the nation creating suffering and misery for millions, while he and his wealthy buddies live like kings off their plundered loot (tax reform?:oops:), and his sycophant base cheers him on, while they are thrown under the bus with the rest of us.
When will their eyes be opened? Will it be too late?

Jeremiah Ames

Talking to a Trump sycophant is very similar to talking to my cat.
The only difference is that my cat listens. (And probably thinks deeper thoughts) :p. Can’t you tell by the picture, my cat is very contemplative?

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
So you prefer the same old tactics that have proven ineffective time and time again?
Like tax cuts?
Like steel tarriffs?
Like discriminatory policies?
Like deregulation?
Like the war on drugs?
Like abstinence only sex ed?
Like opposing gun control?
Like trickle down economics?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Like tax cuts?
Like steel tarriffs?
Like discriminatory policies?
Like deregulation?
Like the war on drugs?
Like abstinence only sex ed?
Like opposing gun control?
Like trickle down economics?

The question was about Trumps tactics on North Korea

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
The question was about Trumps tactics on North Korea
Oh so it’s sometimes acceptable to support tactics that have proved ineffective year after year.

As for Trump and N. Korea, I wasn’t aware that calling their leader a funny name and comparing whose button was bigger was considered a “tactic”.

It’s also possible that the years of “ineffective” policy are what got us to this point.

idav

Being
Premium Member
His approach on North Korea appears to have worked so far.
What Twitter battles? Hilarious. Btw the meeting of n Korea is a bust. The one thing i might have given credit to Trump for but he was fulll it as per the usual.

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
Irony....
Had Hillary won, then she would've been the only President to annihilate an entire country (Iran).
Republicans & Democrats aren't that different.
I highly doubt it, just going by the presidents words, no candidate had said anything like that either.
Sooo...what do you think you're supposed to do in a war?
In war typically you leave innocents out of it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
His approach on North Korea appears to have worked so far.
Yeah he's got Kimmy quaking in his boots willing to negotiate now. I can't think of any president in history who's brought North Korea to the negotiating table since hostilities began.

Trump isn't going to fool around with people. He says what he means and I think North Korea understands now that Trump isn't another pushover Democrat that Kimmy can play like a trumpet.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I highly doubt it, just going by the presidents words, no candidate had said anything like that either.

In war typically you leave innocents out of it.

Seriously? There are no innocents in war.

Phantasman

Irony....Had Hillary won, then she would've been the only President to annihilate an entire country (Iran).
Republicans & Democrats aren't that different.
I think Hillary would have done the same as her husband and Obama. Bill gave NK 4 billion dollars to stop their offensive and Obama gave Iran one and a half billion to stop theirs. Both cases failed and a waste of taxpayer money. Trump used the same tactics that Reagan used that brought down the USSR. Force seems to be the language these dictatorships understand. Reagan used Starwars and Trump used "fire and fury" along with properly placed sanctions.

As bad as the media tried to spin it to seem being too harsh, you have to go with what works.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are you certain?
(I'll let you search youtube for "Hillary Iran obliterate" first.)

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think Hillary would have done the same as her husband and Obama. Bill gave NK 4 billion dollars to stop their offensive and Obama gave Iran one and a half billion to stop theirs. Both cases failed and a waste of taxpayer money. Trump used the same tactics that Reagan used that brought down the USSR. Force seems to be the language these dictatorships understand. Reagan used Starwars and Trump used "fire and fury" along with properly placed sanctions.

As bad as the media tried to spin it to seem being too harsh, you have to go with what works.
Trump & Reagan are very very different in their approach to foreign policy.
The USSR ultimately collapsed without threats.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Are you certain?
(I'll let you search youtube for "Hillary Iran obliterate" first.)
In all are previous arguments on this issue I’ve never claimed Hillary a saint but argued that Trump was not any less of a Hawk but you were hopeful. It’s a stupid comment for anyone to say, Trump certainly doesn’t get a pass because of Hillary. Trumps the one with the “bigger button”. Lol