• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Damn Atheists!!

Ayjaydee

They use the burden of proof thing quite often, and the foolproof rules of logic, and the scientific method as their shield against ever being questioned. Ridicule is a championed method. And of course ridicule involves contempt.

I don't mind being corrected in defiance. But the ridicule thing, and the one way street nature of a conversation is something I have zero patience for.

No human is a God that is a never, ever question me kinda person. It's hypocritical.

Now I am not Christian but I listen intently to civil discourse from any side. Ridicule and acting as a God above being questioned is monstrosity I don't entertain nor tolerate. They circumvent using their own reasoning, and their own thinking on the matter. Historically these are the people that oppress.

It's a cheap tactic to act as thought enforcers. It's pathetic character. And if I ever met it on the street I would be ready with a gun. Because the people that do it are out to intimidate, and have no good intentions. It's like they are trying to hold court on a person.
You would shoot someone. Who refuses to explain why he doesnt share a belief that you hold???

QuestioningMind

Sorry that was a bit of a click bait title :D

Being an atheist my self, there seems to be a lot of post on these forum directed towards religious people and their beliefs and scriptures etc.

So thought that was a bit unfair, so found this video with 10 questions for atheists:

10 Questions Atheists CANNOT Answer

These are just the questions written out from the video.

1. Does science answer everything?

2. Why do atheists care if people worship God?

3. Can nothing create something?

4. How do you know that God doesn't exist?

5. What is the origin of life?

6. Where does our morality come from?

7. If you had evidence of God would you become a Christian?

8. Why are there no observable transitional forms in the present?

9. Do you live according to what you believe or what you lack in belief?

10. If God exists will you not lose your soul when you die?

(Obviously I didn't make the questions, so I wont be able to clarify them any further)

No, it does not and I'm not aware of anyone who claims that it does.

I used to think that it didn't matter, as long as they didn't attempt to force their beliefs onto secular society. But lately I've been thinking that it just sets a very dangerous precedent. If people convince themselves that it's perfectly okay to abandon logic and rational thinking when it comes to mystical god beings then it makes it that much easier for them to abandon logic and rational thought when it comes to other things. That's why we have so many people today completely ignoring the evidence for climate change and the safety of vaccines. They'd come to believe that 'what they feel in their heart' somehow trumps actual evidence.

Certainly doesn't seem logical. In fact, I have serious doubts that it's even possible for thereto be nothing.

I've never made any such claim. Atheism is simply a lack of belief that any gods exist, it's not an assertion that there definitely are no gods.

There are numerous hypothesis at this time, but thus far none have been verified. We'll simply have to wait and find out.

My ability ti empathize. If I wouldn't want someone to do a certain something to me then I shouldn't do that certain something to anyone else.

I seriously doubt it... especially if the evidence I had was for the existence of Odin or Vishnu. If the evidence was for the Christian god in the bible, I wouldn't become a Christian if that means worshiping this god, since the god depicted in the bible is not an entity worthy of my worship.

But there are. Every living thing is in a state of transition.

What I believe. Not really sure it's possible to live according to what you don't believe. How exactly does one live ones life according to a lack of belief in a 100 foot tall animated Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man?

First I'd need some verifiable evidence for this soul you speak of. But even if it were verified that I have one, why would the existence of a god cause me to lose it?

QuestioningMind

They use the burden of proof thing quite often, and the foolproof rules of logic, and the scientific method as their shield against ever being questioned. Ridicule is a championed method. And of course ridicule involves contempt.

I don't mind being corrected in defiance. But the ridicule thing, and the one way street nature of a conversation is something I have zero patience for.

No human is a God that is a never, ever question me kinda person. It's hypocritical.

Now I am not Christian but I listen intently to civil discourse from any side. Ridicule and acting as a God above being questioned is monstrosity I don't entertain nor tolerate. They circumvent using their own reasoning, and their own thinking on the matter. Historically these are the people that oppress.

It's a cheap tactic to act as thought enforcers. It's pathetic character. And if I ever met it on the street I would be ready with a gun. Because the people that do it are out to intimidate, and have no good intentions. It's like they are trying to hold court on a person.

Let me ask you this. What tools do you use to determine if a person claiming to have a magical invisible dragon living in their garage is telling the truth? Would you expect them to meet a burden of proof? Would you employ the rules of logic to determine if the claim was true? Would you expect some verifiable evidence that supports the person's claim, like the scientific method does?

And if you failed to believe in this person's proposed magical invisible dragon, would that person be justified in claiming that you are ridiculing them and just using the burden of proof, logic, and the desire for verifiable evidence as a 'shield'?

As for 'holding court on a person', I've rarely if ever seen an atheist do that. What they often ARE doing is holding court on the claims that are being made.

Prim969

Being an atheist my self, there seems to be a lot of post on these forum directed towards religious people and their beliefs and scriptures etc.

So thought that was a bit unfair, so found this video with 10 questions for atheists:

No.
Some do and some don’t. Though I have observed that many atheists do pride themselves on holding the moralistic high ground.
No. But God can create out of nothing. God spoke Let there be light and so it was.
But we do. Everyone realises and knows that there is God from a early age
God is the giver of all life
The moral code is inbuilt. Every culture has a memory of that. You will always find a reflection of that wherever you go.
7. If you had evidence of God would you become a Christian? The evidence has always been there. Every human and beast of the field does know of him.

8. Why are there no observable transitional forms in the present? I’m not sure how you mean with the word transitional. But when sexual union does occur the seed of life does fertilise the egg and from that wonderful transition a baby is eventually born. That is a process of transition don’t you think

9. Do you live according to what you believe or what you lack in belief? No I don’t accordingly but thankfully Christ came to save sinners and not to save the righteous because there are none.

10. If God exists will you not lose your soul when you die? There are different veiwpoints on this. Some do say that your soul never dies. While others do say that you sleep long time until the resurrection time. But one thing is certain and that is that you shall know straight away whether you belong to the resurrection of the saints or to the resurrection of the condemned And than atheism shall be no more..

(Obviously I didn't make the questions, so I wont be able to clarify them any further)

Skwim

Veteran Member
that is exactly right. and ive seen this on other forums. some atheists think they are lawyers and put Christians who respect the Bible in an eternal witness chair.
Perhaps it's because Christians continue to make absurd claims.

They don't like it the other way round. When they have to defend their non belief.
In main, their position is that the lack of satisfactory evidence keeps them from believing in the existence of a god. :shrug: So, what's to defend, that theists have failed to convince them?

Last edited:

MonkeyFire

1. Does science answer everything? - nope, and it doesn't pretend to.

That's where faith comes in

2. Why do atheists care if people worship God? - I don't until they start messing with secularism or human rights.

They dont mess with secualarity until you mess with them. Faith is a human right and atheist tend to condescend us.

. Can nothing create something? science doesn't make that claim.

Nothing is impossible and has no potential.

4. How do you know that God doesn't exist? most atheists allow for the very, very slim chance of a deity.

No try, only do.

5. What is the origin of life? we're still working on that.

There is no origin of life, the universe has always existed

6. Where does our morality come from? probably it's an evolutionary advantage.

The fallen angels of light.

7. If you had evidence of God would you become a Christian? if it was good, predictable, repeatable, reliable evidence, maybe.

You would choose to go to hell instead?

8. Why are there no observable transitional forms in the present? if this is an evolution question then the answer is that every living being IS in a transitional form when viewed from the future.

I believe humans are evolving into Angel's

9. Do you live according to what you believe or what you lack in belief? i live my values, morals and ethics.

Same, but I believe them.

10. If God exists will you not lose your soul when you die? if i do, he's a jerk.

Your responsible for your own soul.

Ayjaydee

That's where faith comes in

They dont mess with secualarity until you mess with them. Faith is a human right and atheist tend to condescend us.

Nothing is impossible and has no potential.

No try, only do.

There is no origin of life, the universe has always existed

The fallen angels of light.

You would choose to go to hell instead?

I believe humans are evolving into Angel's

Same, but I believe them.

Your responsible for your own soul.
Dont mess with secularity? Surely you jest?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Would be interesting to see the breakdown of atheist/ Christian and other faiths in regard to the moderators here. Im sensing a majority of atheists but I might be wrong.
Religions of the 29 listed moderators

Irreligious Agnostic Atheistic Apatheist

Baha'i

(nothing listed: 5)

Liberal Christian

Metal

Pantheist

Left-Hand Path

Hinduism, Vaishnava

Agnostic Atheist / Secular Humanist

Atheist

Advocate of letting go of theism. Buddhist with an emphasis on personal understanding.

Bhagavad Gita - SD

Christian

Dual-aspect pantheist

Non-theist

not an athiest.

Druidry

בת נח

Advaitist Hindu

Pluralist Hindu

Sanatana Dharma

Erotic Dancing Girls

Religion of Creativity

Jehovah's Witness

Catholic Christianity

Last edited:

sciatica

Notable Member
Religions of the 29 listed moderators

Irreligious Agnostic Atheistic Apatheist

Baha'i

(nothing listed: 5)

Liberal Christian

Metal

Pantheist

Left-Hand Path

Hinduism, Vaishnava

Agnostic Atheist / Secular Humanist

Atheist

Advocate of letting go of theism. Buddhist with an emphasis on personal understanding.

Bhagavad Gita - SD

Christian

Dual-aspect pantheist

Non-theist

not an athiest.

Druidry

בת נח

Advaitist Hindu

Pluralist Hindu

Sanatana Dharma

(profile not available)

Religion of Creativity

Jehovah's Witness

Catholic Christianity

Here is a Christian admitting he was wrong. Savour the moment !!

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Well, let's give it a go.

Currently, no. But it's trying to. I have no idea if it ever could or will answer "everything", but never say never.

I don't care if people worship God. I care if their specific beliefs inform their actions and if their actions affect others.

Yes. Quantum physics.

I don't.

Life most likely emerged from self-replicating proteins that multiplied and grew into the variety of life we see today over more than a billion years.

Our brains and the social environment we exist within.

Depends which God the evidence was of. If the evidence was sufficient, I would become a theist, but not necessarily a Christian.

Everything is transitional. This question makes no sense. You are a transitional form between your parents and your children.

I live according to my beliefs. I'm not sure what it means to live according to what you "lack in belief".

That depends entirely on which God it was and what their true nature is. I have no reason to believe that, if a God exists, they would allow me to lose anything upon death.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Hilarious how such videos are a dime a dozen btw.... Especially the part that claims a priori that they are questions that an atheist CAN NOT answer. And then when you get to the actual questions... it's like "seriously? THESE are your questions???"

No.

Because atheists need to share space with non-atheists and beliefs inform actions.

I don't know - don't have a "nothing" available for study to see if it can do things or not.
Don't even know what is meant exactly by "nothing".
It's also very possible that the question itself is invalid. If "nothing" is non-existance, then it's pretty absurd to try and invoke it as if it is an entity.

I don't know that. There's a difference between the statements "i don't believe x is true" and "i believe X is false".

My atheism is based on the first statement, not the second.

I don't know. Nobody knows. This is why we have scientists working on that puzzle.

The short answer is social evolution. The longer answer gets into how we are a social species that depends on cooperation and how cooperation and group survival benefits from people not randomly killing eachother for no reason without consequence etc.

If the bible is an accurate portrayal of this god, then I'ld have serious moral issues with worshipping such an evil, vindictive, petty, jealous, homophobic, genocidal, infanticidal and intolerant tyrant.

There are plenty of them and lying about it won't make them go away.

I have no other choice.

That would depend on which god it is. There's about 3000 main deities claimed. And that doesn't include all the possible deities that humans haven't come up with yet, which is potentially infinite in number.

exchemist

Veteran Member

This video was not made in order to challenge atheists. Most of the questions are so ignorant and tendentious it is embarrassing. It was actually made to reinforce the beliefs of poorly educated Christians somewhere.

I mean, just look at the questions:

1) Anyone who knows anything about it knows science does not pretend to "answer everything".
2) Anyone who cares about knowledge does not want people to labour on in ignorance.
3) There are speculative cosmological models that permit this.
4) Atheists "know" it in a similar way to the way some Christians "know" God does exist: it is a personal conviction, although it cannot be proved either way.
5) We do not have a theory yet for how life arose, but we have some ideas that are being researched.
6) Human society. Historically, this was often codified and brought to life by means of systems of religious thought.
7) I'll leave that one to the atheists.
8) What? This is so ignorant as to be almost meaningless. Every organism is transitional: evolution has not magically ceased to operate in the present day. Durrh.
9) I'll leave that to the atheists.
10) What a terminally stupid question.:confused:

See what I mean?

Conclusion: there are a lot of s***e videos on YouTube. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

1) I think science can (eventually) answer anything that is falsifiable. Pure Ideology however like religious beliefs have nothing to do with science. That should be obvious enough.

2) Atheists are indifferent as to whether they care or not. However, its clear whenever a person gets nonsensical, it becomes a concern if such nonsense becomes integrated in a way that it interferes with things like education and such, and creates harm to a persons capacity and ability to think and analyze for themselves.

3) Yes. There will always be cause and effect whenever forms are involved, however there also factors involving eternalism for which infinity is as much a reality as it is with the finite, that can expand far beyond macro and micro dimensions. It's a reason I'm mostly convinced we live in a continuum.

4) Because the universe doesn't present or acknowledge any real Gods. Only people do that and people alone, effectively making God a mental puppet whom does whatever its master wants it to say or do. Let go the strings and God collapses into complete silence only coming alive whenever someone picks it up and animates it back to 'life'.

5) Same as the origin of 'you'.

6) Morality comes with society ability to get along and widely varies from culture to culture. Morality is definitely subjective.

7) Of course. It takes a God to know a God. Not a human to know a God. Big difference. Lol

8) That's a waste of a question. Transitional fossils already exist.

9) Neither and both.

10). What soul? The Blues Brothers?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.

No - silly question.

I like to challenge irrational ideas generally but it's more about the influence theists have in societies that is the problem.

No - but I suspect an ill-thought through basis for this question.

I don't - but I see absolutly no reason to take any of the thousands gods humans have believed in at all seriously.

One of the things science doesn't know yet. However we do know approximately when and under what conditions.

Evolution of social species.

I'm guessing there's an assumption that it would be evidence for one (of the many versions) of the Christian gods. I'm not sure - most versions of Christianity are riddled with contradictions and absurdities.

Every form is transitional.

What does that even mean?

I see no evidence for souls.

Heyo

Veteran Member

These "10 Questions" videos are often so stupid that I have the suspicion that they were made by anti-theists to make theists look bad. We have some not so bright bulbs here on RF but even those wouldn't dream of posting these questions and expect an atheist not to be able to answer.
Half of the questions don't even deal with atheism (1, 3, 5, 6, 8),
two are assuming things about atheists that may not be the case (2, 4) and
two are assuming that Christianity is the only theism in town (7, 10).

Are there really Christians who are that dumb on RF?

Nimos

This video was not made in order to challenge atheists. Most of the questions are so ignorant and tendentious it is embarrassing. It was actually to reinforce the beliefs of poorly educated Christians somewhere.

I mean, just look at the questions:

1) Anyone who knows anything about it knows science does not pretend to "answer everything".
2) Anyone who cares about knowledge does not want people to labour on in ignorance.
3) There are speculative cosmological models that permit this.
4) Atheists "know" it in a similar way to the way some Christians "know" God does exist: it is a personal conviction, although it cannot be proved either way.
5) We do not have a theory yet for how life arose, but we have some ideas that are being researched.
6) Human society. Historically, this was often codified and brought to life by means of systems of religious thought.
7) I'll leave that one to the atheists.
8) What? This is so ignorant as to be almost meaningless. Every organism is transitional: evolution has not magically ceased to operate in the present day. Durrh.
9) I'll leave that to the atheists.
10) What a terminally stupid question.:confused:

See what I mean?

Conclusion: there are a lot of s***e videos on YouTube. :rolleyes:
I don't think his questions are particular uncommon. For the most part they are just not asked or implied as directly as this guy does.

The main issue is the assumption that if an atheist or science can't answer some of these questions, then clearly that is evidence for God or at least implies that God is an equally good explanation. In this particular case the guy is clearly a Christian, so to him the bible offers answers to these questions and therefore seems to be more valid than no answer.

But when you think about it, its not really any different than if a person is asked, if there are any evidence that people can rise from the dead? And the answer you get in a lot of cases is... "In the bible it says....".which is obviously just as ignorant an reply as these questions are. Because one just assume that the bible is true.

Which to me seems to be how a lot of believers operate when it comes to reasoning with their religion, the standard of evidence and critical thinking is not equal to that of any other topic. Because there is no reason that if you asked this person in the video or most if not all modern day believers for that matter, whether or not Zeus were real, that he is clearly not. Because there are no evidence for him and they could probably list a whole lot of arguments of why that is the case. However that standard just doesn't apply to their own beliefs.

So with that in mind, I don't think most of his questions are all that uncommon, one just have to know that to him, the bible is probably as good evidence as that of any etablished scientific theory.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I don't think his questions are particular uncommon. For the most part they are just not asked or implied as directly as this guy does.

The main issue is the assumption that if an atheist or science can't answer some of these questions, then clearly that is evidence for God or at least implies that God is an equally good explanation. In this particular case the guy is clearly a Christian, so to him the bible offers answers to these questions and therefore seems to be more valid than no answer.

But when you think about it, its not really any different than if a person is asked, if there are any evidence that people can rise from the dead? And the answer you get in a lot of cases is... "In the bible it says....".which is obviously just as ignorant an reply as these questions are. Because one just assume that the bible is true.

Which to me seems to be how a lot of believers operate when it comes to reasoning with their religion, the standard of evidence and critical thinking is not equal to that of any other topic. Because there is no reason that if you asked this person in the video or most if not all modern day believers, if Zeus were real as well, that he is clearly not. Because there are no evidence for him and they could probably list a whole lot of arguments of why that is the case. However that standard just doesn't apply to their own beliefs.

So with that in mind, I don't think most of his questions are all that uncommon, one just have to know that to him, the bible is probably as good evidence as that of any etablished scientific theory.
You are probably right that the questions are common. But that does not mean that they are good ones. Most of them would not be asked by a Christian with a decent level of education. It frustrates me that people make these poor quality videos and circulate them, when all it does is give viewers the impression that to be a Christian you have to be ignorant and a bit stupid, cf. the last question, which is in effect asking: "I know you don't believe any of this but, supposing you did, what would you think?" :confused:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
You would shoot someone. Who refuses to explain why he doesnt share a belief that you hold???
No I'd be ready for what they would try to do to me by getting aggressive, and contempting me.

And I didn't say anything like you mentioned.

PruePhillip

Perhaps it's because Christians continue to make absurd claims.

In main, their position is that the lack of satisfactory evidence keeps them from believing in the existence of a god. :shrug: So, what's to defend, that theists have failed to convince them?

It's interesting. Europe was the heart of Christianity. They have voluntarily abandoned
this faith. Along with Christianity went optimism for the future, love of country, love
of children, acceptance of authority etc.. There's been this cultural nihilism - morality
is replaced with Marxist woke identity tribal mentality that doesn't just disbelieve in
Christianity, it disbelieves in many things - vaccinations, the role of science, democracy
(yes, freedom of speech is evaporating) and most of all - itself.
I am impressed with the force of Islam, and its amazing demographic growth in Europe.
Doesn't take long. And this isn't your 1950's style Islam - it's real Wahabi style Islamist
stuff taking hold and shutting down the liberals who supported them.
More power to them. We abandoned God, we will have to embrace Allah.