• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dallas Church Removes Homosexual From Membership?

Truth7t7

Jesus Rules
Dallas church to gay member:

We lovingly call you to repentance

By Kimberly Winston | October 19, 2016

(RNS) A Dallas megachurch is embroiled in controversy after it lovingly ousted a member for being in a gay relationship.

Watermark Church, which draws 11,000 people to three campuses every weekend, sent a letter to member Jason Thomas, informing him it was removing him from membership because he was in a relationship with another man.

We are left with no other option but to remove you from our body . . ., the letter, posted on the website of The Dallas Morning News, states. We lovingly but firmly call you back to repentance.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Maybe they will leave that church and find God instead.

God damned churches, right! Always thinking they know what God wants.

8cdf4559063eaec3be4c80bd8a587bca.jpg

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
@Truth7t7 what is your point here? Or are you just posting random news articles that mention homosexuality? You obviously have strong feelings about the subject, but you're lack of commentary on your posts makes it hard to understand your concern.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
RNS) A Dallas megachurch is embroiled in controversy after it lovingly ousted a member for being in a gay relationship.

Watermark Church, which draws 11,000 people to three campuses every weekend, sent a letter to member Jason Thomas, informing him it was removing him from membership because he was in a relationship with another man.

We are left with no other option but to remove you from our body . . ., the letter, posted on the website of The Dallas Morning News, states. We lovingly but firmly call you back to repentance.
How so loving and Christ-like of them.:rolleyes:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
While their bigotry is disgusting, I don't understand why a homosexual would want to belong to them anyway.
I personally don't understand why any homosexual would want to be a Christian when the Bible says they are to be put to death and their blood is on their own hands.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I personally don't understand why any homosexual would want to be a Christian when the Bible says they are to be put to death and their blood is on their own hands.
The Bible says a lot of things that sound crazy if taken literally and read out of context. The interpretation you make here is highly debatable, but anyway...

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

I don't understand why anyone would want to use the irrational, unsubstantiated, and arbitrary superstitions of ancient primitives as a moral compass in the modern world.

Jumi

Probably inspired by Jesus hoping to find others who had the same idea, tough luck when they arrive at some of these churches because Jesus is out and OT and Paul are in... well, selectively. Of course there are always better churches than those that dismiss the poor and those they don't care to understand.